ArtemisCartensz

Collar with permanent RLV?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

Is there a way to make it so that the owner of the person wearing the locked collar/equipment can prevent the wearer to turn off their RLV?  

Asked different -  can someone be placed permanently under RLV if they relinquish that power to another?  

No, it is always in the wearers power to control if the RLV is on or off, change the owner or remove the collar completely.  It is roleplay after all and people have the right to stop playing whenever they choose.

• Like 1

As Amethyst explained, it is not possible to prevent someone disabling RLV. One can disable it in the viewer or log into SL using a viewer which does not contain it. Even in a hypothetical extreme, if all viewers supported RLV, there is way no force someone to log into SL.

You'll have to depend on your powers of persuasion, just like the rest of us!

• Like 1

Closest you can get is I control which keeps the same owner even if you get a new collar (or chip in this case)  because it's saved in a database. Still you can take it off if you turn rlv off. But IMO rlv makes things fun so who would want to take it off?

lol

Yes, it has been possible within the last six months with the release of a free password launcher. 

I have heard an instance where the submissive used teamviewer and had their password changed and encrypted with this launcher program , which only needs the use of the avie name to start Marine Kelly's RLV viewer. Since the submissive's password was changed within the account holders ownership in SL, and not actually given away, it skirts the TOS violation clause. The launcher program only needs to reside inside the folder of Marine Kelley's RLV viewer and a shortcut made on your desktop.

It was tested with self bondage and the inability to use any other non RLV TPV for that particular avie by creating a long and complicated new password, only looking at it briefly and not memorizing it,  before sending yourself a failsafe email in the future with some free boomerang programs. And of course completely deleting all current sent emails so you cant go back and cheat out till the email in future comes to you.

the encrypted password resides in a .bin file and can be transported to other computers easily for use of permanent RLV. The author claiims a long hash that would not be easily decrypted with current tools.

SSC.  Safe, Sane and Consensual. 

You gotta be nuts to give anyone access to your bank account which is exactly what you are doing if you give control of your password to someone elsewith payment info on file.

Just my opinion.  Feel free to do whatever you want with your life, your assets and your family's assets.

• Like 3

KaiKing26 wrote:

Yes, it has been possible within the last six months with the release of a free password launcher. 

In addition to Rhonda's very sensible advice about payment information and SSC...

Don't be silly enough to install an application that you don't understand, to control password access to anything. Not only can it steal your Second Life password, but if executing from inside Program Files (the default Second Life install folder) it can grab and transfer private information from just about anything.

It might sound like a fun thrill in the heat of the moment, but it's definitely less fun after the moment's over - and you're left picking up shards of your stolen identity, filling in recovery forms and praying for insurance to cover the financial losses and fraud commited in your name. These crimes can haunt people for years.

That, plus you'll get absolutely no sympathy.

okay here is an update.  Seems this is getting a lot of talk in some bdsm circles.

An enterprising coder has taken the step to create an encrypted proxy inworld to handle the creation of anonymous password, account email change and account password substitution. The sub must create an alt to communicate with the Domme/Master and use it to store money and buy things since the main Avie is locked out of going to secondlife webpages in order to prevent cheating out with requesting new email or password.

The advantage is that you can use any iteration of Firestorm and you are within TOS legality. They do recommend that you disable the billing portion of the main avie because of chance of stealing the avie by computer transference of the bin file that contains the new encrypted password.

Usage is one time per sub only. Duration is purchased increasingly higher from a timed usage to an unlimited time usage. The only way to get out of unlimited time usage is to have the Domme/master enable the "Mercy" option to release.

More information is available for you if you search Marketplace under search words "Epar" or "XTREMRLV"

This does not work anymore.  Epar has changed his code on his launcher ver 2.4 (right click on the program for versions).

The password shows on the process explorer programm as all (xxxxxxx).

But if you know someone that still has version 2.2 or can borrow it, the password will be revealed.  ♥

I have a copy of the V2.2 which still works with process explorer to expose your password so you can rescue your account.

If anyone wants a copy of that, feel free to PM me.

Also, if you or a friend has used XtremRLV and cant log on, please refer to your email because LL apparently has sent out a link for your password to be reset. Once changed, you are good to go on logon again.

Can confirm.

Had a couple of people contact Firestorm support on alts this morning  because their main that used XtremRLV have had their account put on hold for verification and they can't login.

Kai, those affected can't check their email though because their email has been switched to an XremRLV email account that they cannot access.

They will however see a "login blocked blah blah, contact support...." message in the viewer when trying to login on the shackled account and they will need to contact LL support to get their account returned.

So considering the XtremRLV products have been removed from the marketplace and now accounts using XtremRLV appear to be getting  put on hold, I'm going to surmise from that that LL have decided not to allow XtremRLV any longer.

Actually, I was able to restore my account.  LL changed the recovery email back to my old one.  So fortunately I was able to recover my account.

Xtrem RLV was a crazy ride.  Probably best I don't play with fire like that again.

Well... I think LL had absolutely no right to do this!

My 8 Year old account with a lot of dollars on it is lost now just because LL did this silly password and email reset.
Yes the email is set to the last known email nefore XtremRLV but I tried the 1 day demo first so I have no clue what this last email was. I have no password, I have no email and because I started this accound 8 Years ago I have no idea what question / answer I have choosen back then. Well done LL!

No one of the XtremRLV users broke any rule but they get all punished.

Sure, some of you will say "Nobody asked them to use it - It's their own fault" but only silly people could think so.
There are many different people... some like mushrooms, some like shrimp and some dont like both maybe.
As long as this people respect the rules there is no reason to pick on them in a tolerant world.

I thought SL is a tolerant world but this case proved me wrong.
Now I'm really afraid what SL2 will bring... I already heard they didnt accept extremely talented content builders only because they built a sex bed some Years ago and now this... They totally destroy the feeling of a 2th life where I can do whatever I want as long as Im respectful to others... They get thausands of dollars also from the huge kinky community but they seem to try to get rid of us actually.... so sad! :matte-motes-crying:

File a support ticket with LL support and they will help you get your account back: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Honestly, if you use software that's specifically created so that you lose access to your accounts password and email, what do you expect?

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get your account back.

Whirly Fizzle wrote:

File a support ticket with LL support and they will help you get your account back:

Honestly, if you use software that's specifically created so that you lose access to your accounts password and email, what do you expect?

Anyway, best of luck and I hope you get your account back.

I will say I don't know exactly how this system worked but I am reading claims that there was no TOS violation.  But I read this interesting statement in the Catznip fix page:

Don't Reuse Passwords

Keep in mind that your original account's password will still be stored somewhere by XtremRLV....

If that "somewhere" is anywhere other than the account owner's computer then yes there is a TOS violation. See Section 4.2 of the TOS

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.