mainland infohub

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!!

How hard could it be?  Sigh.  I can't seem to find a teleport home.  It says I need to be at a "mainland infohub" (I don't own land) when I try click "World" then "Set home to here".

I went to destinations, did a search on "mainland infohub", and teleported to someplace called "Welcome Area, Morris".  It's "G", which is what I want, as I'm playing a child avi (although the language the ppl are using is atrocious, so i just need it as a starting point and then i'll quickly teleport away.  I'm not opposed to bad language, it's the sentences around them which are reaaaaally annoying.  however, i'd much prefer a more sedate home port if you can please recommend one).

I know this is bloody simple but I can't find the infohub.  Even on my world map there's an icon (in the legend, and yes, it is checked) for infohub, but i don't see that icon on the actual map.  I read some posts and infohubs may be a thing in the LL past, but then how do we set a teleport home to start at (after the browser crashes) if i'm homeless?  =(

Okay, well, sorry for dorky question and have a grey8 SL day!!!  :smileywink:

There are a number of places  you can set your home by joining a group without having to resort to the inner-city-bus-station environment of the official "welcome center" infohubs, but the simplest thing is to just not set a home at all for now. You can go into preferences and set your start location to "Last location" instead of "Home".

I'm pretty sure there are a few child avi oriented sims that allow you to set your home there.There are even a couple of orphanages around for homeless kids.  You may have to join a group.  Maybe one of the people who read these forums can give you more specific information.  In the meantime you may want to visit them and check it out your self.  Just search 'children'. 

Note that unless you are under 18 you can go to any sim in SL unless the land owner has a rule against child avatars or it is a sex venue.  So you don't need to limit yourself to just G sims. There are many places on M sims that don't tolerate the kind of language you heard in the welcome area.

Hello,

I always wanted to believe that we all live in a free world!

Therefore I always have my land free to the people who wanted to use it.

So, please "feel free" to visit my land and if you like it, simply live there.

Ok... If you like contracts and RP rules and this and that.. Well then, go find another place..

Here all are welcome, except we aren't wearing any tittles. At least no one forced anyone to wear.

Besides all roles in this group are saying the same thing:

The Mall Street

So.. Welcome!

Since you are a child Avatar, I'm sure you will enjoy here,

Some shops where they selling exclusive child stuff

And also some other unique RP Shops such as The [THEATRE]

Which is hard to be found elsewhere!

I don't want to speak a lot, I think I said enough :)

As I said, pls feel free to Teleport to

The Mall Street

and See your self what's all about it!

Long Live SL,

Long Live Freedom!

Long Live to us!

lonewolf night view logo12_001.jpg    [BEE] Happy Birdhouse_001.jpg

Mr. beethros_001.jpg   1rst 2013 photo the mall street_low res.jpg

Dallas winslet live4_low res.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------
The Mall Street TELEPORT URL:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Olber/90/186/44

Hi Amethyst Jetaime!!!

Thank you so much for always taking the time to answer my question. I feel you are my personal advisor on all things SL!

I have ben spending some great fun times in 1920 Berlin with the other kids, some of whom live in the orphanage there.  I will look into if they will accept me there - however strict dress code always means making sure you arrive with the correct outfit on, and many of my clothes would just not do.  :matte-motes-smile:

Thank you also to Theresa Tennyson for your reply.  I think it used to teleport me to my last location, which is usually a good choice.  I will try to set it that way for now while i find a more permanent home.

And to beethros Karas - thank you kindly, I'll go check it out now!

All the best, everyone!!!

Bleue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.