Sign in to follow this  
Nicole Hansome

Please help with Music Stream Title Notification

Hi :)

Im currently experimenting with the stream title feature in the Firestorm Viewer (Current playing music titles are showing up in the nearby chat). I found out that I can also let these titles send to a specific channel.

What i'm now trying to find out is how can i convert this stream title info on the channel into a hovertext or into a say or shout command ?

I know to listen on that specific channel for the information but how can i make it to show up as hovertext or other commands ?

Thanks much for help ^^

It comes in without extra formatting, so you can send the listen message right back out.

// set to the channel you used in your viewerinteger gChannel = 362394;default{    state_entry()    {        llListen(gChannel, "", llGetOwner(), "");    }    on_rez(integer start_param)    {        llResetScript();    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        llSetText("Now playing:\n" + message, <1.,1.,0.>, 1.);        llOwnerSay("Now playing: " + message);    }}

Note that this will only work if there's an ava run in a viewer which has set the channel to the specific channel is close by (I don't actually know which communication command Firestorm uses.).

If you want a script that displays the song currently played in a certain stream in a parcel independently of a certain ava present, you would have to use the notorious page 7.html and poll it with a timer.

Hi :) Thanks Darkie for the Info, but it's okay, it will only be used when im online sending the information from my viewer.. 

And thanks very much Trixie. The script works perfectly for me :matte-motes-kiss: