Please help with Music Stream Title Notification

Nicole Hansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi :)

Im currently experimenting with the stream title feature in the Firestorm Viewer (Current playing music titles are showing up in the nearby chat). I found out that I can also let these titles send to a specific channel.

What i'm now trying to find out is how can i convert this stream title info on the channel into a hovertext or into a say or shout command ?

I know to listen on that specific channel for the information but how can i make it to show up as hovertext or other commands ?

Thanks much for help ^^

It comes in without extra formatting, so you can send the listen message right back out.

// set to the channel you used in your viewerinteger gChannel = 362394;default{    state_entry()    {        llListen(gChannel, "", llGetOwner(), "");    }    on_rez(integer start_param)    {        llResetScript();    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        llSetText("Now playing:\n" + message, <1.,1.,0.>, 1.);        llOwnerSay("Now playing: " + message);    }}

Note that this will only work if there's an ava run in a viewer which has set the channel to the specific channel is close by (I don't actually know which communication command Firestorm uses.).

If you want a script that displays the song currently played in a certain stream in a parcel independently of a certain ava present, you would have to use the notorious page 7.html and poll it with a timer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.