Windows 8 Graphic's Bug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi his is my first post on the forums so if i messed up somwhere let me known

about 4 months ago i brought a new laptop and it came preinstalled with windows 8 and a bunch of HP stuff on it

and me being a secondlife lover installed phoenix viewer which fliped out flashing all sorts of colors and giving me a headake so i thought mabye phoenix viewer and windows 8 arnt compatable so i uninstalled it and downloaded the secondlife viewer from the secondlife website and still it flashes all sorts of colors just not as much is this only me or are there alot of people having this issue

Heres Pic of it 

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k482/Rriblit/Secondlifeglitching.png

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k482/Rriblit/Secondlifeglitching2.png

its hard to catch photos of them because they flash and then gone

can any one help fix this all ma drivers are up to date and its all freakign out of me i have to sit at my desktop just to hang with ma mates

I have no info on that specific problem but a common remedy for such problems in new machines is to install a new graphics driver from the website of the manufacturer.  DONT get it from Micorsoft.  And DONT let microsoft update (screw up) your graphics card. 

TKR

PS: I watch for this kind of issue in the forums and have not seen many, so I doubt that this is a general problem with Win 8.

(I hate the tablet screen, and will avoid upgrading till I can boot to my desktop.) 

ribit,

I don't think it's the windows 8 giving you problems. I'm far from a computer tech, but I recently bought a laptop running windows 8 as well and I haven't had anything like that happening to me. I've even run up to 3 viewers at once and though it slows it down I haven't had any other issues. I don't know if you are opening it from the new W8 start window or the alternative older looking start, maybe that's it? I'd maybe try a google search and see if you can find anything mentioning W8 and SL viewer issues that sounds similar to your problem. Sorry I can't be of more help.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this same issue and when I turn off basic shaders the flashing does stop, but the wording on my top menu bar Avatar, Comm, World Build etc is all blurry including Linden balance and time.  Additionally, when I open my friends list and select one they are no longer highlighted and profiles have no boxing around them.  Is there additional settings.  I have an Intel 4000 graphic card and windows 8.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.