Sign in to follow this  
chrisdaleysimudyne

Looking for avatar rig for Maya

Hi all,

I'm looking for a Second Life avatar rig for Maya.  I'm using an old Maya rig I found last year, but it's very buggy and suffers some serious rotation issues.  To all you awesome content creators who use Maya, where can I find a high-quality rig?

Thanks,

Chris

Thank you, Sae. :)

This rig is a bit confusing, though.  I've read the Readme, but it doesn't not specify which skeleton to animate (oddly, there are two!) and how to export an animation as a working BVH.  Any advice?

I don't do animations out of Maya, so you'll need to wait for someone else to come along to help you with that.

You say there are two skeletons, I'm assuming you mean the avatar weight source and the actual skeleton.  I'm not sure how those two things apply to making animations, again, someone else will have to come along to answer that.  However, for rigging clothing/avatars, the skeleton you bind with is the colored skeleton, and you can utilize the avatar weight source by copying the skin weights from it to the clothing/avatar mesh.  There may be more you can do with it, but I'm not aware of any other use.

Hope that helps a little.

Thank you, Sae.  Your information will be helpful for when I get back into clothing creation. :)  In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone out there uses Maya for SL/OS avatar animations and sees this!