Voice isn't working

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've read most of the post written on forum about voice, I did my best with it but I can't get to an end with it. At Input/Output there is that bar, which fills only 2 squares with green. Voice works fine when it comes to Skype or other applications, but with SL it has always been problematical. The strange thing is that when I call someone on Skype, and I have my Speaker pushed on SL, it works, like Skype openes something.

Make sure you have selected the right input and output options for your hardware setup.  If that doesn't fix it, it could be a one of a few things.

Does it work some places (without Skype)?  if so, the places where it doesn't work don't have public voice turned on or the sim needs a restart.

If it doesn't work at all on any sim, I'd do a clean reinstall of the viewer you are using after manually deleting your cache.  See the link for how to do this for the SL viewer.  If you have Firestorm, the same method applies but look for Firestorm folders instead of SL folders.  For other viewers, see their directions or try finding the folders named for your viewer.  If you have used another viewer in the past, be sure to manually delete all the files associated with that viewer too if any still exist.  Manually delete all these before reinstalling you viewer.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

it seems that everyone is having this issue, voice breaking up then completely stopping.  Vivox is the voice system behind second life and firestorm etc.  There is no way to reach vivox except leaving a note on their site.  Its getting ridiculous, sl says its vivox, but vivox is working on other grids and on skype, etc... Not sure its a vivox issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.