Stalled Teleporting? anyone.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone else noticed lately that after you enter a Sim and stand around awhile, especially not moving, and then try to teleport somewhere there is a lag before happening. Or even worse..you go no where and have to cancel. I was wondering because one is not interacting with the environment is the server "dropping" you? This started awhile back and I just sort of Ignored cause thought was no biggy. But now has continued for awhile it has my interest. Is this being done to "conserve" server time? Is it my computer? A bug in the Viewer? (Firestorm). It now has my attention so thought would post here and see what pops up :matte-motes-big-grin-evil:  I also wonder how this new "Server side" baking is going to effect teleporting.

This has become much worse over the weekend with as many a 3/4 of my port attempts failing accompanied by massive lag.  Though LL will certainly deny it they have a massive problem here and given the huge drop off in online number over the last couple of months this could not have come at a worse time.  Hopefully, fixiing it will be given priority, but I am not optimistic given LL recent perfomance and unresponsiveness to such trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

Teleporting has always been a structural problem for about half of all the SL residents. And some people try to blame it on their internet connections or their DNS settings. Fact is: it should work out of the box for the majority of paople, but it doesn't. It used to, until a few years ago.

On topic:  I haven't noticed a sudden increase in TP fails myself. It's always been bad. Especially on crowded sims. What seems to help is to fly over to an emptier neighboring sim and tp from there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3956 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.