Which One? Need a fresh set of eyes...

mielikkitapio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to get as close I can to the inspiration image -- they're numbered for your easy referencing convenience -- but at this point I've been staring so long that they're blurring together. Which one will bring me closest, do you think? Also, any tips for facial feature adjustment are extremely welcome! Thanks for your help. :matte-motes-smile:

Mielikki alva.jpg

Mielikki ebba.jpg

Mielikki jennie2.jpg

Mielikki linnea.jpg

Mielikki mini.jpg

Mielikki tekla.jpg

Okay, I tried combining everyone's suggestions: Skin 6, opening the space between brows and eyes, thinning the lips... and here's where I've ended up. I feel like I've overlooked something, and the strength of the original's face is definitely lacking. Something seems off with proportion or balance, too, but I can't figure it out. I tried some tattoo layers for lip color from a couple of places but it didn't fit. It looks like the upper half of the lip is drawn directly onto the skin and the layer only goes as far as the shape or something.

What do you think and where should I go from here? Thanks for your help!

7.jpg

The lips are too full on the bottom.. I would make those smaller, and make the upper look more of an overbite if you get my drift?  Turn down the lips just a bit as well. I think once you get the right hair and ears, it will come darn close to what you want :)

Some of the 'strength' in the original image comes from the pose and lighting. The 3/4 turn of the head emphasises the jaw and cheekbones, as does the deeper shadow on the right of the image. You'll never quite capture that in a full-face photo with even lighting. You might already be much closer than you think.

Also, I agree with Dana... a smaller iris might help, and add a bit of the intensity you feel is missing.

While #6 holds the most promise? You're not addressing the strongest point of the entire Avatar search: those EARS! :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

If LAQ can't accommodate you there? Buy your skin and start your 'ear hunt' and make it as seamless as possible to blend into your look. Make sure to get a hair-style which doesn't block them from view (at least on one side). Ha!

The Goddess.

A couple more observations, the jawline needs to be more angular, I also see a difference in the nose, the nostrils are a little too pinched, but you're getting very close to what you're aiming for. I'd love to see another pic when you've got the hair and ears too.

I hope I don't sound too critical, I think you've done a wonderful job so far.

Dora Gustafson wrote:

Number 4 has got the right eyebrows and if you make the eyes a bit smaller or lower, in order to widen the space between eyes and eyebrows, then you get close

:smileysurprised:
:)
:smileyvery-happy:

I'm in this camp.

To the OP: Yes, you do need a fresh set of eyes...for your av. More like black than the color you have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.