Offset physics shape

Sy Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm building my first mesh house and have been happily following tips and tutorials to do it and solve problems along the way.  I have though run into a problem that I can't readily find an answer to.  I made a physics shape inworld by cladding the build in non-overlapping planes using the Celzium tool and exporting it out as a dae file.

When I first uploaded the model onto the beta grid the physics shape was offset by .5m on the y axis.  A little quick research suggested that it was because I wasn't importing the model as a single object.  So I made the model all one object and uploaded it again.  The .5m on the y axis did indeed disappear, but now I have a +.5m offset on the z axis and I'm at a loss as to what the problem maybe.

Your physics model must have the same sized bounding box as your visual geometry(model). This apples to LODs as well.

Most modelers have a way to see the bounding box of a model, use that to verify bounding boxes are the same size. You will find that you will need to extend a few of your physics planes to fill the bounding box. =)

What modeler? We might be able to get more specific.

Am using Blender 2.67.  

I have looked at the bounding boxes and while they both share the same dimensions the physics shape's bounding box is offset to various amounts on all three axis by roughly 50% on z, 10% on x and 1% on y.  Given what you said though I think I know how to fix this.  

The bottom of my house/build below the actual 1st floor is empty and I didn't bother to fill it in the physics shape reasoning that it would be inaccessible in the final build and was only there to allow the house to be sunk into the land to align to any given landscape.  I will fill in the bottom of the physics shape now and test it.

Thanks for the reply Alisha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3946 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.