Horrible FPS/ Graphics Card Problems?

DaisukeUchihia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A couple days ago when I tried to log onto Second Life I had a message pop up telling me I had changed graphic cards, or along the lines of that (Though I didn't.) I thought it was nothing seeing as I knew I hadn't changed my card nor had I tampered with anything on my laptop. When I logged on, I found that my FPS (frames per second) had dropped dramatically. I couldn't stay logged on for more than 5 minutes before my eyes started to hurt. I also noticed that my avatar wasn't loading (The white cloud) and that everything lacked detail, as if the textures had been replaced with a low rez version to their normal textures. I waited a few days before trying again, this time the message didn't show up but I'm still having the same problems in-world.

Any help/Advice? 

4 answers to this question

Some laptops have dual GPUs-- an integral, low-spec, one for general use (thus saving the battery) and a higher spec one for more demanding applications like SL.

So as well as making sure your drivers are updated, I would check that, if your laptop does have two GPUs, it's set to use the correct one for SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.