move avatar script

Jessicatje Artful

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello i would like to know where i can get llSetKeyframedMotion scripts,

i seen this on youtube and visited the location last year also , this means you go stand on a prim ( not sit on it) and your avatar moves.

Can some one please help me and tell me where or how to get this script ?

here is a youtube clip i found : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvoDmtRRL6A

thank you verry much

When you write your script with llSetKeyframedMotion, all you need to do is specify the distance and time (or the angle of rotation and time) for each step along a defined path.  Your non-physical object will then follow that path as the script is triggered.  The person who wrote the script in that video did exactly that, triggering the script by sitting and then starting a stand animation. There are a couple of examples of keyframed motion scripts in the LSL wiki at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetKeyframedMotion

• 4 years later...

Just so you know.  You can move a person on an object with llSetKeyframedMotion, without sitting the person on the object.  

1.  This will not always take the person with it through solid prims.

Just make an object that a person can walk onto.

Make sure the person can stand where she is "enclosed" by the object.

What happens is that the enclosing "walls" of the object will push the person along as the object moves along its path.  You must be careful about speed, or the person can be "left behind", especially when moving down.  A person tends to get trapped inside a wall or floor of the object when moving horizontally or up too fast.  If you move both horizontal and vertically down at the same time, the person can get left in the air, if the speed is too great.

Edited by SapphicFancy

8 hours ago, SapphicFancy said:

Just so you know.  You can move a person on an object with llSetKeyframedMotion, without sitting the person on the object.  

1.  This will not always take the person with it through solid prims.

Just make an object that a person can walk onto.

Make sure the person can stand where she is "enclosed" by the object.

What happens is that the enclosing "walls" of the object will push the person along as the object moves along its path.  You must be careful about speed, or the person can be "left behind", especially when moving down.  A person tends to get trapped inside a wall or floor of the object when moving horizontally or up too fast.  If you move both horizontal and vertically down at the same time, the person can get left in the air, if the speed is too great.

“Good” Elevator boxes have doors and roofs so you don’t fall out.

Yes.  *smiles*  I put a fence on, and a Roof, so it will move you through prims in all directions.  I made this for people who's RLV is set to No Sitting. They can walk onto this, or this thing can be moved under them and up.  once in that position, they cam move about the sim.  It's a bit sloppy, but if you're all tied up, and want to get from point A to point B ... 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.