Third Party Exchanges - price comparison

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the updated Linden Dollar Authorized Reseller Program was launched, a lot of new companies appeared on the official Linden Lab's resellers list. 

To wrap my head around it, I've updated my Third Party L$ Exchanges list, included those new companies and organized all of them by the best price offered.

My price comparison is based on the final cost of purchasing 1000 L$. I mean - FINAL. I went through the whole ordering process and checked how much they add on the top of official prices listed on their websites.

I compared prices in EUR, since this is the most common currency supported by Third Party Linden Dollar Exchanges. Whenever it was possible, I listed the costs of purchasing L$ through PayPal. Is the most popular service used by SL Residents and therefore it is the most relevant one. If PayPal payments are not supported, VISA Card payment price is listed. If VISA Card payment is not supported neither, first cheapest available means of payment are listed.

The price range is huge. And what's interesting, the most well known companies turned out to be the most expensive… But what is even more surprising - I've end up with two lists. The second one features almost half of the Third Party Exchanges. They are listed by LL as authorized resellers but they are not operating or don't even have a website…

For detailed list on the list go to https://sites.google.com/site/lindensexchange/

COMPANYCOUNTRIESPRICE for 1000L$
viagame Portugal3.33 EUR
Podexworldwide

3.40 EUR

ZoHaIslandsworldwide

3.50 EUR 

Xchange4LSworldwide

3.68 EUR 

Smenarna Czech Republic, Slovakia3.70 EUR
Gyndex Netherlands, Belgium3.79 EUR
Budamb worldwide3.83 EUR
TeleDollar worldwide3.86 EUR
CrossWorldsworldwide

4.07 EUR

Virtuatex Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Luxemburg4.08 EUR
BulidoEuropean Union4.09 EUR
CashServicesworldwide4.17 EUR
VirWoXworldwide

4.18 EUR 

RUexchange worldwide

4.51 EUR 

DXexchangeNetherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom, France, Italy, Spain, United States, Canada, Poland, European Union4.66 EUR
AnsheXmore than 100

4.79 EUR 

Third Party Linden Dollar Exchanges

listed by LL but not operating or with website errors

COMPANYCOUNTRIESPRICE for 1000L$
CasperTechworldwideno info
CMJProductionsworldwideno info
Coinekworldwidenot operating
ELDEXchangeworldwidenot operating
HhexicolaBrazilnot operating (no website)
Luxoryworldwidenot operating
MBKashFrancenot operating
Metabirdsworldwideno info
vForExAustralia, Canada, Europe, United Statesnot operating
VireX65 countried in Europe, USA and Africaservice not functioning
VMExchangeworldwidenot operating
WoozkashEuropeservice not functioning

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Nice list, but as everything is done in dollars, this list makes it just more complicated

Oh, everything is done with dollars? Wow, then the other currencys and even the fact that the OP states that Euro was the most available currency for all exchanges must be a total mistake! And I must have dreamed the whole time, when shopping.... :catfrustrated:

What currency the 3rd party exchanges need to buy from the Lindex in is totally irrelevant. The only thing that's relevant is how much it will cost you to buy from the 3rd party exchanges.

The most common basis for the comparison of 3rd party exchanges is the Euro, according to the OP.

Your point is irrelevant though, because your own currency doesn't prevent you from seeing that buying L$ from Anshe will cost approximately half as much again as buying from the one at the top of the list.

If you really want it listed in US$, you could always do your own research, and post a list of those that accept US$, together with cost comparisons ;)

Phil Deakins wrote:.

Your point is irrelevant though, because your own currency doesn't prevent you from seeing that buying L$ from Anshe will cost approximately half as much again as buying from the one at the top of the list.

If you really want it listed in US$, you could always do your own research, and post a list of those that accept US$, together with cost comparisons 
;)

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you got that "half as much" part wrong.

4.79 EUR is not half of 3.33 EUR.

Or did you word that backwards? Though, even if you did 3.33 isn't even remotely havle of 4.79 either.

From the looks of it, on that chart Anshe is the most expensive, still, as in for $1000L you're going to be paying 4.79 EUR(and for USD conversion that's $6.27 for every $1,000L, roughly, as of today anyway). It's not hard to convert to USD from EUR, or any other currency.

As an aside...

to buy L directly from the sl website-which for those who don't need to use a TPE, is the most common method, it will cost me $4.05 USD (3.09 EUR) for $1,000L today. That's a pretty big difference between some of the most expensive TPE and the lindex directly. I feel bad for anyone that HAS to use those more pricey TPEs, thats just sad, and seems wrong in so manyw ays. As much as I support commerce and charging fees for various things when needed, I would love to see where those added fees go.

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

Half again as much (or half as much again) means taking half of the one price and adding it to the full price ... 3.33/2 =1.665. 1.665 + 3.33 = 4.995 or rounded up to 5. So a tiny bit more than half again as much.

sSig_agreed.gif... I came to the same conclusion.

"Half as much" can be rather confusing as many take it to mean the same as "two times more".  Which it is not.  It would be clearer to say "one and half times more" than "half as much". That would avoid any possible confusion.

Half as much:

3.33 EUR / 2 + 3.33 EUR = 4.995 EUR

One and half times more:

1.5 x 3.33 EUR = 4.995 EUR

Two times more:

2.0 x 3.33 EUR = 6.66 EUR

ImaTest wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:.

If you really want it listed in US$, you could always do your own research, and post a list of those that accept US$, together with cost comparisons 
;)

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you got that "half as much" part wrong.

4.79 EUR is not half of 3.33 EUR..

"Half as much again" means 1.5 times here in the UK. It's the original number plus half as much as the original number = 1.5 times the original number. And Anshe isn't far off being "half as much again" as the lowest priced one.

Compared to the Lindex, Anshe's price is more than 'half as much again'. I'm with you in sympathising with those who have no choice but to buy from 3rd party exchanges, and I feel very sorry for those who buy from the pricier exchanges like Anshe's.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

But then one can say, if all of them listed, noone can say, that one service is preferred.

I beleive you are correct.   No of them is allowed per the Community Guidelines.  And yet there they all are - equally and not in any way preferred.

People are always posting links to other sites in these forums. The links in the OP's post are to sites that concern SL, and that LL links to in their pages., so stop whining.

hannibal.jpg

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Jadeclaw Denfu wrote:

But then one can say, if all of them listed, noone can say, that one service is preferred.

I beleive you are correct.   No of them is allowed per the Community Guidelines.  And yet there they all are - equally and not in any way preferred.

People are always posting links to other sites in these forums. The links in the OP's post are to sites that concern SL, and that LL links to in their pages., so stop whining.

I simply pointed out that the OP had been bold in ignoring the guildelines in a volume way.  Then I agreed with anothers comment.  Then  there was a whine.

A little whine with that complaint may be nice. 

May I suggest a nice Chianti?

Half again as much (or half as much again) means taking half of the one price and adding it to the full price ... 3.33/2 =1.665. 1.665 + 3.33 = 4.995 or rounded up to 5. So a tiny bit more than half again as much.

That is not how I have always interpreted that statement. Maybe it's a regional thing, or something. Thanks for the clarity.

ImaTest wrote:

That is not how I have always interpreted that statement. Maybe it's a regional thing, or something. Thanks for the clarity.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

I thought i'd shed some light regarding "CasperTech" in that list.

We don't operate in the same way as the others, (i.e we don't directly trade L$  for real life money) but instead we provide the ability for people to buy from merchants or rent from tenants using CasperVend vendors or CasperLet rental units, but using PayPal, Credit Card, or other methods.

Basically, the customer purchases an inworld item or pays for tier using these options, the money is converted into L$, and forwarded to the merchant or landlord.

We use VirWox to process our Credit Card and PayPal options, so the fees are the same as theirs.  However, we are soon going to be adding additional payment options (such as UK direct debit) which we will handle ourselves, hence registering as an authorised L$ reseller.

Casper

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.