Offering free place to live

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been on SL quite some time and have yet to make any friends to hang out with.  I have a large piece of land and various options for living accommodations and I am offering it free to anyone who is looking for a place and a friend.  Please contact me and we can meet and you can check out the place. 

Annie

• Like 1

I replied to this, but now I can't see my reply.

I love to shop, so if you also enjoy shopping I'd be a great shopping and bargain companion :) I was looking at buying my own land (I am a premium member, but only want 512sqm) and it's so hard to find the right place. Let me know if you think we could work!

Annie Cybertar wrote:

I have been on SL quite some time and have yet to make any friends to hang out with.  I have a large piece of land and various options for living accommodations and I am offering it free to anyone who is looking for a place and a friend.  Please contact me and we can meet and you can check out the place. 

Annie

First...let me commend you on allowing people to stay on your land for free. There are lots of homeless AVs out there (as I've said, if my friend wasn't renting to me at a very low price, I wouldn't have a house either) and this is a wonderful thing.

I might suggest, maybe building an apartment complex or something on your land. Instead of having people come and put up random houses, this would give them a place and a few prims and wouldn't take up all the space on your sim.

Just a suggestion. And again, well done!!

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

SID Riler wrote:

I agree that what you doing is cool, you are trying to help, but this can go both ways, you expect friendship from these people you are going to help, you might end up with some drama in your hands

I was thinking this as well especially since you don't know the person moving in. Might be better to go to events and talk to people then allow that friend to move in. Maybe that's just me though.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

SID Riler wrote:

I agree that what you doing is cool, you are trying to help, but this can go both ways, you expect friendship from these people you are going to help, you might end up with some drama in your hands

I was thinking this as well especially since you don't know the person moving in. Might be better to go to events and talk to people then allow that friend to move in. Maybe that's just me though.

I agree with these people. Get to know a person first, then, let them move in if you really trust them. Not very good for the short term but definitely worth it in the end.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

mushueucalyptus wrote:

Hi Annie! 

I'm living in Noobia now, and the trial period on my place expires today. I was wondering if I might still be able to take you up on this offer? 

-Rory

Hun this offer was made several months ago. If she hasn't found a tenant by now she never will.

Why must people necreo threads like this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hai Anni Im miz ^-^ i was wondering if i could live with u. I am a very big help when need be, and if you'd like of course we can hang out, I love making new friends! That would be awesome if you would allow me to live like on a platform or something like that. I am very nice, and yes i do have some friends that like to come visit, and they like making new friends too so they would love to hang out with us as well.

~Mizzy

• 3 months later...

I've offered a free place for people to live before, but unless they're a good friend in RL, I won't do it anymore.

Why? Because when people get something for free, they take advantage of your generosity & want more. I gave a dragon a free cave. Then he wanted his partner on the land & they need more prims. Then they wanted their "pet" & their child & the partner's boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever.

My roommate & I co-own about a third of a region. We lease space to a friend, who lets his friends use his parcel. One of them was always going over their prim limit, so then I get annoyed & send out IMs to tell folks to remove prims. If that doesn't work, I send a bitchy group notice & start sending back prims myself. Then the friend wants perms to send back other people's stuff, but he does this when he's drunk & sends back my stuff as well. Then I get pissed & send out another bitchy group notice & take back the guy's permissions for sending back stuff. He also doesn't want a rental box on his parcel & doesn't want to be a premium member & contribute tier that way, so I have to remind him to pay rent, if I can even get ahold of him in world. - Now, most of the time we don't have problems & this guy is a real friend, so I won't kick him off our land, but the times I do have problems with him & his friends are annoying.

I've since settled on a rental formula that works well for everyone & doesn't show favoritism to one person over another. When I want to invite someone to live on our land for free, they get 100 prims in a skybox, free use of my holodecks & can rez any other prims temporally only. I have the right to send back any of their prims over their 100. If they want to use more prims, my rate is $L 1/ prim/ week, with discounts if they donate tier to the land group. I only invite people I know & like to live on our land, & I expect them to do their things without bothering me to do much landlady work. If the paying tenents go a little over their prim limit now & then, I don't mind as long as we have enough free prims for me to rez stuff & use the holodeck rezzors. If they use too many scrirpts, I may ask them to remove heavily scripted items.

Edit to add - Sorry, I didn't realize this was a necro thread. My advice still stands, though.

• 3 years later...
On 6/1/2013 at 11:51 PM, Annie Cybertar said:

Annie

I would love to live on your land 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1066 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.