Profile Advice

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Lucky cat, yes, but I'd rather she didn't sleep on my bed. It's a single bed and she takes up quite bit of the bottom end where my feet want to roam. She has a whole bedroom of her own with plenty of comfy stuff in it where she spends a fair chunk of each day. I won't shut her out of my bedroom though. And I'd prefer she didn't sleep on me when I'm watching TV because it gets quite hot under her. Also, when I'm concentrating on doing things on the computer, I'd rather she didn't sit on the table next to me and stare and meow at me, looking for strokes and petting - which she always gets. Apart from that, she's fine lol.

Be glad she isn't an inquisitive little sugar glider that never holds still. I have two of those on the desk right now. One is sitting on part of my keyboard, tapping buttons because he thinks he's cute. The other is taking pens and pencils out of a container and playing fetch with the dog on the floor-who's just as dopey.

I'm pretty sure they're actually chipmunks in disguise.

Normally they are sitting on me. On my head, on my lap, on my arms while I type. Apparently I am their own private jungle gym. I also swear I can hear them laughing at me and snickering under their breath when they infuriate me to the point that steam rolls out of my ears. Did I mention they pick locks? Because they do. Or, rather, they've figured out how to open any cage I've ever put them in. Short of using a padlock, I've tried everything. I gave up tring, and now we're all much happier.

They like to steal the bed too. For critters that tiny, being able to take up half the bed is a skill worth having. They have their own room too, they're just snots. They also like to torment my son by messing with the brakes on his chair when we go outside. I'm fairly certain sugar gliders aren't supposed to be this social, or ornery. But, we love them anyway.

I don't know what happens in the night while I'm asleep but she's usually not on my bed when I wake in the mornings. I'm not a still sleeper and my guess is that my feet move to where she is and she gets sort of pushed off. She's usually on the clothes I took off the night before. Every morning, when I'm sitting up in bed for a while, as I always do, she jumps up onto the head end of the bed right next to me, staring and meowing at me, as if to say, "I want you to get up but, if you're not going to get up straight away, I want to be stroked". She gets the stokes.

@Dillon. Oh, she's got me sorted out alright. But she doesn't have everything all her own way. Her freedom around the house is restricted when I go or she'll set the alarm off. But, on the whole, I do as she tells me.

@ImaTest. I really wouldn't like all the 'interference' you get with your cats. Fortunately for me, mine only gets on me when I'm laying back watching the TV, and I don't let her get on the computer desk.

I LOVE the Simon's Cat videos - hadn't seen that one...priceless!

One of my former cats "stole" pens.  I had to be careful if I was writing and laid my pen down for a second...it would be gone.  When I moved from one apartment I found a whole cache of pens under the couch.

My current Mistress cat has a VERY strict, organized schedule.  I can literally tell the time by when she sleeps, comes out of the bedroom, eats, etc.  I have an ottoman next to my PC chair for her.  She loves to sit on the ottoman, and paw at me to get my attention.  I will pet her as I continue working on the PC but if I stop, she becomes more persistent and will eventually stand on her hind legs and use her front paws in a boxing motion.

She also determines at what hour I should get out of bed...this is similar to our morning routine:

I'm now too allergic to have a house pet, but when I was young, we had a huge tomcat with a killer killer instinct. I learned to tuck in the tail of my bedding, as when he was indoors at night, he loved to attack my toes. Many mornings I'd step out onto the patio to find another part of some creature he'd killed. One morning the leg I found looked entirely too fancy to have been from a wild animal, so I quickly disposed of it before Mom or Dad could find it. Later that day, news of the demise of a neighbor's nasty Pekinese arrived. I said nothing.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

I'm now too allergic to have a house pet, but when I was young, we had a huge tomcat with a killer killer instinct.
I learned to tuck in the tail of my bedding, as when he was indoors at night, he loved to attack my toes. 
Many mornings I'd step out onto the patio to find another part of some creature he'd killed. One morning the leg I found looked entirely too fancy to have been from a wild animal, so I quickly disposed of it before Mom or Dad could find it. Later that day, news of the demise of a neighbor's nasty Pekinese arrived. I said nothing.

I tend to put Pekinese in the same classification as Shiat-zus.

Good for target practice or shark bait.

And now I am probably going to get hated on.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

You are dangerously close to the line. Even the Space Modulator may not save you. While I care nothing for Pekinese, Shih tzus closely resemble Lhasa Apsos.

Should you express the same opinion regarding the Lhasa Apso, I am afraid nothing—
nothing!
— can save you.

I will be very careful not to mix them up.

My kids wanted to go to see some animals during the last holidays, so I took them to a place that claimed to have lots of exotic breeds, but when we got there, it was an appallingly bad place, with only one animal on show - a mangy dog with a stupid name.

Awe . . . it was a shih tzu. (sp?)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

*Blank profiles of someone more than 1 month old in SL is a major turn-off to me.  If someone can't take the little effort to create a profile, not my kind of person.

I guess I better add to my profile...:matte-motes-wink-tongue: j/k

Having little or nothing in a person's profile could possibly mean that person is selective about whom they want to be friends or associate with. Granted a person who "is" seeking friends or relationships should have a full profile.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

*My name is Czari Zenovka and I approve this post.

Love it!

friends1.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.