MAV_LOCK MISSING error

Sienia Trevellion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've read a lot of posts in the forum about this. I keep getting this error for the last 4 days. I've created 3 different models, rebuilt one of them 5 times from scratch to figure out why I keep getting this error.

I've tried different viewers. Tried to upload in a non-pathfinding region. Re-downloaded blender. Rebuilt files from scratch. Made sure not to use mirrors at all on the rebuilt files. Made sure all doubles were removed. The only thing I've now found in common is that I used the bezier curve on all three projects and made a necklace loop. So I tried to then upload each piece of the file separately to isolate the problem area....none would upload with exception to one file last night. It allowed me to upload both the necklace loop and the actual necklace separately, but not together. I just created a new model this morning and got the same error.

Any thoughts that my noob self might be missing that are obvious to any of you?

*Update: Just was able to upload the necklace only without the necklace loop (bezier curve). So it seems the issue is there. Only thing I want to mention is that when making the necklace loop I made half of the necklace then duplicated it, joined it and then created the middle section by joining to points of the path to make a segment at the back of the neck. The direction of the bezier curve all flowed the same direction after that and I didn't see any problems with it. But thought I should note what was done. I made the depth on the bevel: 0.005. The resolution: 2. Fill: Full. I then converted it to mesh. So, I don't know!

I'm at wits end on this.

I went through, cleared out and added all new materials.

Added a plane and assigned a material to it, so that I can add an invisible texture to it.

Added one extra triangle on "Material A" that touched the edges of "Material B".

I've made sure to select "Selection Only" when exporting.

Just tried using the LLViewer rather than Firestorm and the error I'm getting now is: Dae Parsing Issue. I've seen posts where people got around the problem by unchecking "Single Matrix" on the collada exporter but I don't see that option. Maybe it was on an old version of blender, I'm running 2.66. Saw another post where someone exported it to their desktop and then SL accepted the upload. Tried that, it initally allowed me to change the settings in the uploader window (which was new) and when I went to calculate fees I got a popup with the MAV_LOCK error again. Read yet another post where someone had used symbols or long names in the file name and made sure that mine does not. So thennnnnn....I tried to save it to another area with a new name, the folder I have Blender in. I had read a few posts on that clearning up the issue as well. Interestingly enough, it then gave me an error stating the name of (what piece of the model) was giving the error. That was new. I deleted it from the model completely. Tried the upload again and got the same .dae error saying the same piece ".006" was not able to be uploaded. Odd since I deleted it and it's nowhere to be found in the outliner.

Not giving up yet but definitely frustrated.

When you export to Collada, do you use the Preset "Second Life static" or "Second Life Rigged" ? These presets are carefully chosen to let the export conform to what the SL importer wants, although there is still a lot that can go wrong.

However, if you do not ue the presets then the chances are high that the SL importer does not understand what it gets. Unless you know exactly what all the exporter options do of course.

Gaia, I'm using static as it's a non-rigged item. Now, everytime I go to upload and calculate fees, it tells me that the top object in my models outliner can't be uploaded. On a hunch, I deleted the bezier cuve necklace loop and tried to upload, and now it's letting me. I have converted this bezier cuve to mesh. Could it be that it's too thin? I had read that small things sometimes have issues. This piece seems to be the common denominator on all of my uploads that are having problems. I'm not 100% sure about that, but it seems to be the case.

In the past I've made silly errors like having duplicate meshes overtop one another, etc. So let me look through this one more time meticulously and if I can't find anything I will gladly send it to you to do with it whatever you wish. Thank you for your help and offering suggestions of what to look for.

Update: Gaia - I think it is the size of the bezier loop. I just increased the thickness and the upload wants to work now. Crazy. All this time and that's what worked. I didn't do any of the other things this time, just changed the size to make it larger.

The uploaded geometry coordinates are all 16-bit values. So the importer has to round the values in the collada file, which are generally of higher precision. That can lead to triangles with zero dimensions, which may cause problems. You would have to have very small triangles (< 1/65536 of the bounding box dimnsions) fo that to happen though. Was you curve->mesh maybe that small in cross section?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.