Mesh clothes error: seeing friend nude

Aethelwine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend uses a mesh avatar and occassionally over the last few days her clothes don't render and I get the triangle script errors around her.

I have treid clearing my cache and playing with MeshMaxConcurrentRequests, and changing regions but with no success.

Seeing my friend nude has some advantages hehe, maybe it could be called a feature rather than a problem - lol

but does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing this?

Hum, I'm actually going to use this thread to ask another similar question. I also have a mesh avatar and wear mesh clothes and while I have never had the "naked" problem (thank goodness xD) my avatar often gets diformed for some reason. The face gets triangulated and the features look horrible. My current mesh dress also does this, although much less often. Fortunatly, the solution is simple: if I detach and reattach the mesh avatar it fixes it. Same for the dress.

I also like to point out that this happens after I've logged into SL for a couple of minutes (in which my avatar is fine, no problems) and then suddenly I turn around and.... monster face. xD

Any idea what's causing this? I'd like to know if this is something to do with SL, the viewe (I use LL viewer) or the mesh avatar itself. Since I made the avatar, I'd like to know if I could fix it to avoid this.

Well saying this in all honesty and not being rude but mesh isn't even really fully compatible with secondlife, meaning some users can use it and some can't. Since prims are the basics that were actually meant for building and creating, mesh will probably never get better, or become official, but over time users will find more secrets and tips on how to make everything work out for the best. It's a use at your own risk type of thing.

And are you sure they aren't rendered for her and not for you ? When it comes to mesh we can never be sure.

RiiCassidy wrote:

Well saying this in all honesty and not being rude but mesh isn't even really fully compatible with secondlife, meaning some users can use it and some can't. Since prims are the basics that were actually meant for building and creating, mesh will probably never get better, or become official, but over time users will find more secrets and tips on how to make everything work out for the best. It's a use at your own risk type of thing.

And are you sure they aren't rendered for her and not for you ? When it comes to mesh we can never be sure.

The clothes rendered for everyone else around. Just not for me. I had to take photos to prove it.

RiiCassidy wrote:

Well saying this in all honesty and not being rude but mesh isn't even really fully compatible with secondlife, meaning some users can use it and some can't. Since prims are the basics that were actually meant for building and creating,
mesh will probably never get better, or become official
, but over time users will find more secrets and tips on how to make everything work out for the best. It's a use at your own risk type of thing.

Mesh is official LL made it not sure what you mean there.. Also there's a coding error in it I think that's the issue so it does have the potential to get better. Mesh is no more or less "compatible" with sl the the defualt avie is. The defualt avie and prims themselves are in fact made of mesh. They are one in the same. Just run everything in wire frame and you'll see what I mean. There not magically diffrent.the only diffrence between mesh and everything else is the coding which is fixable if LL takes the time which they might you never know. They are currently trying to make imprvments on mesh to it's possible

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

RiiCassidy wrote:

Well saying this in all honesty and not being rude but mesh isn't even really fully compatible with secondlife, meaning some users can use it and some can't. Since prims are the basics that were actually meant for building and creating,
mesh will probably never get better, or become official
, but over time users will find more secrets and tips on how to make everything work out for the best. It's a use at your own risk type of thing.

Mesh is official LL made it not sure what you mean there.. Also there's a coding error in it I think that's the issue so it does have the potential to get better. Mesh is no more or less "compatible" with sl the the defualt avie is. The defualt avie and prims themselves are in fact made of mesh. They are one in the same. Just run everything in wire frame and you'll see what I mean. There not magically diffrent.the only diffrence between mesh and everything else is the coding which is fixable if LL takes the time which they might you never know. They are currently trying to make imprvments on mesh to it's possible

Except for the phrase "official" I'm basically going to agree with Rii's statement.

As far as our Avatars are concerned LL gives us an Avatar that we can within certain limits mold to our liking.

Then you have to hide that Avatar behind an Alpha in order to wear Mesh Clothes and you no longer have the same shape.

Makes a lot of sense.

While I am not against changes and improvements, at this point in time we have exchanged one set of problems for another giving us a net gain of about zero.

I have been reading for several years now all the comments about improving the Avatar, what many refer to as Avatar 2.0.  Why LL apparently dogmatically refuses to even attempt to improve it is beyond me.  Maybe it really would be a technical nightmare to do.  But I have read a lot of comments from knowledgeable people who seem to think it really wouldn't be.

As far as Mesh buildings and vehicles are concerned I have seen some beautiful things and perhaps you can do a better job than you can do with prims.  But go visit Svarga or Davinci Gardens or Japan Tempura just to name a few  places off the top of my head and tell me that Mesh is that huge of an improvement.

SIM crossings, which I know they are working on, is a thousand times more important than all the resources LL has devoted to Mesh.  Right now I don't see anything that Mesh has enhanced in Second Life that much to make it worth all the effort.

Im not talking about avies' or anything you are adressing right now. I'm talking about anything prim. And prims are the official for secondlife not mesh. while its official to use on here, it isn't the official for secondlife alone. While prims are made out of mesh i know this, they are made exactly for the use of secondlife. While mesh is just a side option.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Spinell wrote: while I have never had the "naked" problem

--------------------

There are still viewers that don't see Mesh, your just
not aware
that you appear naked to them.

I couldn't care less if people deliberately nerf their experience and see boxes and holes instead of hair, clothes, furniture, etc.....

jwenting wrote:

Teagan Tobias wrote:

Spinell wrote: while I have never had the "naked" problem

--------------------

There are still viewers that don't see Mesh, your just
not aware
that you appear naked to them.

I couldn't care less if people deliberately nerf their experience and see boxes and holes instead of hair, clothes, furniture, etc.....

The people that I know who can't run mesh viewers didn't DELIBERATELY choose to own computers that mesh enabled viewers gave them indigestion.

I couldn't run a mesh enabled viewer for six months after mesh went live unless I wanted to see the world at five frames per second.

You could of course say I was DELIBERATELY choosing not to upgrade my computer but as the LL Dev who worked on the JIRA for my problem said, there was no reason my computer should be having the problems I did based on its hardware.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3954 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.