Inventory items missing 2013

Kosheen Dana

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There are really only two ways and one depends on you having Premium membership.

1. Manual cache clearance:

Enable Hidden Files & Folders if not already done:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open “Folder Options”
3) Open the “View” tab
4) Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”

Press OK and close control panel.

Accessing AppData:

Browse to the path below that corresponds to your operating system:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\

Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ 

Inside the AppData folder, open the Local folder and delete the entire Second Life folder.

Restart your computer then log in to a quiet sim such as Smith or Pooley and wait for your inventory to be re-populated from the server. Hopefully, your full inventory will appear.

2. If the same items are still missing, you need Premium membership to submit a ticket on inventory loss. May be worth taking it out for a month or so until LL look at the ticket but no guarantee they can recover the lost items. If different items missing, I'd look at your internet connection and check for high packet loss as this can contribute to inventory issues.

Good luck. :)

3 answers to this question

There are really only two ways and one depends on you having Premium membership.

1. Manual cache clearance:

Enable Hidden Files & Folders if not already done:

1) Open Control Panel
2) Open “Folder Options”
3) Open the “View” tab
4) Check “Show hidden files, folders, and drives”

Press OK and close control panel.

Accessing AppData&colon;

Browse to the path below that corresponds to your operating system:

Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\

Windows Vista - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows Vista Home Premium - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\

Windows 7 - C:\Users\<username>\AppData\ 

Inside the AppData folder, open the Local folder and delete the entire Second Life folder.

Restart your computer then log in to a quiet sim such as Smith or Pooley and wait for your inventory to be re-populated from the server. Hopefully, your full inventory will appear.

2. If the same items are still missing, you need Premium membership to submit a ticket on inventory loss. May be worth taking it out for a month or so until LL look at the ticket but no guarantee they can recover the lost items. If different items missing, I'd look at your internet connection and check for high packet loss as this can contribute to inventory issues.

Good luck. :)

@Winterschains:

In future, try first reading what was posted. I stated precisely what is referenced in the link you mentioned, how to complete a manual cache clearance. It's the initial step anyone with missing items should take and is clearly reference by LL in its KB. If you upgraded to Premium before doing this, that was your decision. The OP is in SL a very long time and I would assume knows full well how to do a manual cache clearance but I posted it anyway.

You seem to think that a cache clearance can always recover missing inventory but if the assets server has issues with your inventory, only Linden Lab can help and for that you need Premium membership. If the loss is worth 100s of dollars as the OP says, it may very well be worth risking a month or two of premium membership to try and retrieve it. As I stated though, there is no guarantee that LL can recover missing items, they may be permanently gone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3071 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.