unknown chat message

Nikilei

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anyone know what this message mean?  It is filling my chat window over and over:

Unable to create item '01_nanoProbe 3.0.9' that has caused problems on this region
[13:45] Land-Security Orb 3.5.75: Too many errors... dropping further messages until the flood stops

I also had an upgrade today from Linden but this message came before the upgrade message.

8 answers to this question

Niki,

You are hearing error messages being issued from an object either on your parcel or on a parcel next to yours. You can look at who had rezzed an object on the parcel/region you own using the World / About Land /  Objects drop-down menu item by selecting the refresh button on the windows at the bottom on that screen.

Do you see someone who had rezzed an object or objects on your parcel? If yes, you may return them all at once by selecting that persons name and then pressing the Return option.

• Like 1

Yeah.  See jira SVC 6099 (from 2010), and in particular Maestro Linden's comment:

This error message is sent by the server whenever an avatar or object tries to rez another object which has been blocked by the sim. Usually such assets got blocked because it took too long (longer than 15~30 seconds) to rez, and the sim thinks there might be something wrong with the asset (for example, that the object might be designed by griefers to ruin sim performance).

The blocked object should become unblocked after a few minutes, unless the rez attempt is repeated before the all-clear. Those of you who see the error at a constant interval are probably dealing with a rezzer that continuously attempts to rez the object, extending the block. If you look at the script error/warning window that contains the "Unable to create item .." message, you should see the name and region coordinates of the rezzer (this is true in Viewer 2.1 and 1.23, at least).

So I think you can probably fix it simply by disabling the Land Security Orb for 10 minutes or so, to allow the object to become unblocked.

However, the alternative, and my very strong recommendation, would be to update your security orb to one that takes advantage of the newish function llGetAgentList, which completely does away with the need for rezzing probes, which is horribly laggy and inefficient (though it used to be the only way to do large-scale scans).   

• Like 4

yes, I looked up "nano" in the marketplace and what came up were weapons for griefing so I was afraid someone was trying to rez one on my land [i have been hit before]. I did as you suggested with the orbs and the messages has stopped. Can you recommend a security system the works on llGetAgentList function?

Thank you for your help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.