Account Compromised I don't know what to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i was playing like 1 hour ago. Then all of sudden my account "crashed". I couldn't get back in. Said my password was incorrect. I log in, and surprise, they changed my mail adress too. This account its 6 yeras old and i can't believe they have this **bleep**ty security. No security question, no double confirmation on mail. Anyways.... What should i do? For some reason i am still logged in the website with my Account (this account) and i can type under its name. If i try to fill a ticket, they will mail to the new mail that doesn't belongs to me... I need help please..

Here is the official procedure from the Knowledge base (bolding is mine).  Note the specific number ot call to reach the fraud team.

What to do if your account is compromised

Your account may have been compromised if:

You can't access your account.
You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
Click Submit.
Check your email for your case number.
Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990 .

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once we have concluded the investigation, we'll send you an email explaining our conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, we recommend that you change your password immediately to something secure and unique. Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account. For information on how to change your password, see the How to change your password section of this article.

That Number doesn't exist for Spain sadly... I tried to use the 'Spanish Support' Phone Number, but they say in a very bad Spanish it doesn't exist anymore. Not sure if i can call to the other country support Phone Numbers from here...

The sad thing is that i am still logged in in this forum under my compromised Account (Sylvan Turbo)..... I can't log in now on the 'Account Management' anymore. Seriously why they don't have any sort of 'Security Answer or Question?' it would make accounts much safer...

Sylvan Turbo wrote:

That Number doesn't exist for Spain sadly... I tried to use the 'Spanish Support' Phone Number, but they say in a very bad Spanish it doesn't exist anymore. Not sure if i can call to the other country support Phone Numbers from here...

I'm pretty sure you can use the 800 number given from any country.  I have a SL friend who lives in Romania and he has called LL in the past.

Sylvan Turbo wrote:

So i was playing like 1 hour ago. Then all of sudden my account "crashed". I couldn't get back in. Said my password was incorrect. I log in, and surprise, they changed my mail adress too. This account its 6 yeras old and i can't believe they have this **bleep**ty security. No security question, no double confirmation on mail. Anyways.... What should i do? For some reason i am still logged in the website with my Account (this account) and i can type under its name. If i try to fill a ticket, they will mail to the new mail that doesn't belongs to me... I need help please..

When someone changes their E Mail for the account, an E Mail is sent to the original E Mail account.  If you haven't got that check your Spam folder.

Yes i did get that. But it doesn't helps much. It just does send you to support. It's not like you can 'block' the action. Anyways finally i managed to find a working number on Skype. The guy has been really nice to me, as i am Spanish and i had a hard time to spell my avatar name, so he even offered me his personal mail so i could send him my name. Solved my issue in less than 1 hour. I was really scared because this is the very first time ever an issue like this happened to me in 6 years. I checked malware, i checked for virus. I am 200% sure i never shared my account in any third-party site or any of my relateds. I guess this things happens more often everyday... I also noticed that whoever did this, tried to 'sell' 'buy' currency with my account with RL cash, im glad i had 0 on it :) Anyways, thank you all for your answer. And thanks LL, you proven me that your support service is fast, friendly and efficient :)

Sylvan Turbo wrote:

Yes i did get that. But it doesn't helps much. It just does send you to support. It's not like you can 'block' the action. Anyways finally i managed to find a working number on Skype. The guy has been really nice to me, as i am Spanish and i had a hard time to spell my avatar name, so he even offered me his personal mail so i could send him my name. Solved my issue in less than 1 hour. I was really scared because this is the very first time ever an issue like this happened to me in 6 years. I checked malware, i checked for virus. I am 200% sure i never shared my account in any third-party site or any of my relateds. I guess this things happens more often everyday... I also noticed that whoever did this, tried to 'sell' 'buy' currency with my account with RL cash, im glad i had 0 on it
:)
Anyways, thank you all for your answer. And thanks LL, you proven me that your support service is fast, friendly and efficient
:)

Very glad to hear that you got this resolved.

The only way they could have got into your account is with your password and changing your E Mail requires you re-enter your password.

As far as asking you an additional security question, for better or for worse not even my bank does that. 

Is it possible that you got stung by a phishing expedition?  The phishers have been content to sit on passwords, not immediately hacking into accounts.  I think they have been doing this to avoid detection.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Phishing-Scheme-Dont-Click-The-Link/td-p/1750713

sometimes emails the seem from LL about your account being compromised can also be fake and they offer you a link to a site that has keyloggers and can get your password that way. the best defence is to change you password regularly, and use complicated passwords with letters in upper and lower case, and whenever you get an email, NEVER use the link sent to you, rather use your own trusted bookmark. and NEVER except free gifts from strangers. I am glad you got it fixed, now keep it safe and good luck.

What viewers did you use and which one have you been using more.

I still remember a resident who time ago was nagging in fora and in SL groups about her account compromised, she posted also detailed notecards with screenshot of her viewer .

The fun part was that her viewer was not any of those in the official wiki list for sl, and doing some search with google putting the name  shown in search, it came out that her viewerr was an hack lame viewer.

Be careful that stuff can hide keyloggers.

AS you've already been told the only thing you can do now is to open a ticket and contact LL,wait for them to answer, fill their questionary and see if you can get it back.

here are also the phone numbers

toll free (US/Canada)
long distance

France: 0805.101.490
 Germany: 0800.664.5510
Japan: 0066.33.132.830
 Portugal: 800.814.450
 Spain: 800.300.560
 UK: 0800.048.4646
 Support is in English On

if the Spanish one is not working try the 703.286.6277 it's not free but working 24/7, this should work also from Spain.

• 1 year later...

My account has been hacked. I am in Australia. the fraud number does not work from here. Can anyone give me a number to ring support on? I have nmade a ticket but nothing is happpening it seems. I need to ring someone - any landline to SL will do - doe not even have to be support - Help!!!

Thank you very much, Perrie.   I did finally manage to get the Fraud number of LL and how to ring it from Austrlia when it  is not of course free from Australia. But the Fraud dep does not work on weekends. Go figure. Wow, not sure why I pay the tier for my island on weekends then, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.