SL Signing me out while still in play? Character moving by itself through objects...

JustJess87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All.

New player here. Twice now my Avatar has come out of standing mode (No walking or anything, I was just editing my Ava) and after I started to move Him, he started to walk on his own and through objects. I tried everything to stop him, but there was no way. When he got to the edge of london through walls and at the edge of the sea, I got the message of being logged out of SL, not by me, and there was no way to stop this. This is the second time this particular incident has happened.

I've only been on for three days, but so far this is like the 20th glitch I've encountered. I've also had trouble zoning into certain areas, and ended up getting kicked to my home zone. Can someone explain this to me, or give me advice on how to stop this from happening? Thank you! My drivers are updated, and my card is up to date. System is a duel core, and I have an AMD HD Graphix card. The computer can handle this very well... but these glitches are random. I also get kicked sometimes when first logging in...

If you are using WiFi, try to get to a wired connection.    Here is a summary of solutions to the kind of problem you describe:

Login fails? Lots of logouts? Summary 

Tip -- go slow in crossing sim borders and try to avoid crossing corners where 4 sims come together.  The exit walk you describe happens when the sim server looses track of  your avatar.  That can happen when you cross from one sim to another and the info packet does not get fully transferred to the new sim.

TKR

JustJess87 wrote:

Hello All.

New player here. Twice now my Avatar has come out of standing mode (No walking or anything, I was just editing my Ava) and after I started to move Him, he started to walk on his own and through objects. I tried everything to stop him, but there was no way. When he got to the edge of london through walls and at the edge of the sea, I got the message of being logged out of SL, not by me, and there was no way to stop this. This is the second time this particular incident has happened.

Hi there Jess and welcome.

The reason this strange behaviour happens is because when the viewer loses contact with the secondlife servers it assumes that any movement direction and velocity continues until it can reconnect with the server, and it then corrects itself.  If after a certain time it does not receive a communication with the server it will then show the the disconnected message (even though the disconnection probably happenned 10, 20 or more seconds ago).

As has been stated the most likely reason is connection difficulties.  To figure out where to look I always suggest using another computer and a different connection to see if it makes a difference.  Also make sure you go to different regions to see if this affects you there.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.