Sign in to follow this  
Stellar Starship

Any adult communities accepted for exhibiting, displaying, lecturing, or other SL10B activities?

I'm curious as to whether there are very many adult communities, sims, or groups that have been accepted to be part of the SL10B Celebration.   Yes, I understand the SL10B is totally PG (which leaves out all the of SL adult people)

But, adult sims and communities can also do PG stuff, so I'm wondering if, and how many, adult groups or communities did apply and get accepted. 

If you're in any of the categories below, post here and give some feedback:

1)  Did you (as an adult sim, group or community) apply to be part of SL10B?

2), If you did apply, did you get accepted?

3) If you didn't apply, is the reason why you didn't try, is because you were afraid an adult group would be rejected?

4) If you're adult community, how do you feel about SL Birthday celebrations being totally PG?  

I wonder how much the SL Birthday celebration reflects the SL community?  Data show us that the percent of adult sims is higher than PG.  Also, the adult community fuels much of SL's economy.  Yet, adult material is not deemed worthy of being part of the SL Birthday celebration.  Adult was not accepted when LL hosted the Birthday, and not now, that private SL residents host the celebration.

See these threads for more info:  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Adult-regions-outnumber-G-rated-ones-for-the-first-time/td-p/1893161

http://www.gridsurvey.com/

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/We-re-in-SL10B/td-p/2021123

1)  Did you (as an adult sim, group or community) apply to be part of SL10B?

Yes, Commune Utopia applied (and also had a plot in sl9b last year)

2), If you did apply, did you get accepted?

Yes, we have been accepted. We *are* an adult community with sexy times, but also we are naked just for the sheer enjoyment of dancing around a campfire naked, or swimming in our lake bare as the day we were born... but there's a lot more to the community than JUST adult things... we celebrate diversity such as conversations, debates, writing, photography, art, games, magical mystery day trips around sl, etc. 

3) If you didn't apply, is the reason why you didn't try, is because you were afraid an adult group would be rejected?

N/A

4) If you're adult community, how do you feel about SL Birthday celebrations being totally PG?  

It's fine... it widens the audience to the commune - people have prejudices against Adult activities, sometimes ... and if we try hard we can restrain ourselves to not mentioning loveorgies (every Monday), naked friday on the nude beach and sunday undie day where we show off our lovely pants... :)

Oh, good!  A response, and it's one where an adult community was accepted by SL10B.   Thank you Seductive Dreamscape, for taking the time to reply.  I hope to get some more feedback from others.  : )

fwiw, I did sl8b in 2011 and got accepted and had a really nice spot too.

but I didn't use it as a marketing opportunity, I treated it in the spirit of ye olden times and just created an interesting exhibit to celebrate the birthday.  There was a few moments of angst when there was talk about not allowing LMs to adult land to be given away (that's where all my shops were at the time) but that was the only glitch. From what I remember at that time there was talk of an adult version held in parallel but LL wouldn't support it in any way so it never got off the ground.

It was great to be allowed out of the adult content ghetto to try my hand at something new (building an interactive exhbition made only of prims that is low lag and low script is harder than you think) so I had a good time building something I'd never really tackled seriously before and without the help of Qie and Innula and countless others who helped me with trying to step outside my comfort zone, I'd never have survived it.

I actually pulled the build out the other month and was stuck anew by how well I did and I'm glad I had a chance to do something pg for a change.

The pro tip is to not make it too heavy on the marketing, some people may be interested in finding out about you but most people just want to see nice builds and grab some freebies. If it looks like it's a stand in a trade expo then you'll probably find people will move onto something more interesting.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

The pro tip is to not make it too heavy on the marketing, some people may be interested in finding out about you but most people just want to see nice builds and grab some freebies. If it looks like it's a stand in a trade expo then you'll probably find people will move onto something more interesting.

That's just it, the exhibit I applied to do for SL10B was not a marketing thing at all. It was more an artistic build.  I wrote up a detailed description of the proposed build, and emphasized the PG nature of it, and the artistic focus.  

Funny thing is that last year, with my main account, and a proposed build that was not part of any adult community, and much more vague, I got accepted.  So, I have my SL9B build in my main accounts inventory, and this year, with my adult community idea, and my Stellar account, a rejection email.  : (

Great to read about your positive SL8B experience Couldbe, thank you posting that.  I also can certainly appreciate your pride from doing an interactive build.   

My sim co-owner, and I, discussed the possibly of there being an "Adult SL10B" event, in parallel of the main one.  He even suggested that we host it in our sim, and offer to let adult communities, sims, and businesses set up little displays or kiosks.  I'm not sure though, as it would be a lot of work for us. If I thought there was a big interest, then it might be something to consider.  Or, for next year.  

this being sl and anonymous peeps behind avs, it's quite possible that you've managed to upset one of the selection panel.  Or the quality was so high that everyone put in a better proposal than you or someone had already come up with the idea or a myriad of other reasons that have nothing to do with you and the bid.

I'm actually surprised they got more applications than spaces though and I haven't heard of any AC providers being given a spot so who knows? 
(sl8b was the last LL run one.  Considering how much I don't rate them I was surprised to get a spot tbh! )

Running a parallel event is a logistical nightmare, you'd need a team at a bare minimum.  If you really feel like doing it next year (it is too late for this year) then have a chat to Counter Landfall, he ran one for adult content back in 2010 (I think)..  it was pretty cool but unfortunately without any kind of LL support it was impossibly hard to get the message out to people so it wasn't as well attended as it should have been unfortunately.

Couldbe Yue wrote:

this being sl and anonymous peeps behind avs, it's quite possible that you've managed to upset one of the selection panel.  Or the quality was so high that everyone put in a better proposal than you or someone had already come up with the idea or a myriad of other reasons that have nothing to do with you and the bid.

I told them who my main account was, my main was also listed as an assistant buidler, and I used my main's gmail account.  I let them know that this account is the sim owner, etc, and as such would be the main builder.   But, who knows, it could be like you said, very good entries from so many people, that they have to cut someone out.  

Couldbe Yue wrote:

I'm actually surprised they got more applications than spaces though and I haven't heard of any AC providers being given a spot so who knows?

Yes.  My email said that I was placed on a wating list, in case those who were selected decided not to build.  I suspect the waiting list is not short either. 

Couldbe Yue wrote:

(sl8b was the last LL run one.  Considering how much I don't rate them I was surprised to get a spot tbh! )

Running a parallel event is a logistical nightmare, you'd need a team at a bare minimum.  If you really feel like doing it next year (it is too late for this year) then have a chat to Counter Landfall, he ran one for adult content back in 2010 (I think)..  it was pretty cool but unfortunately without any kind of LL support it was impossibly hard to get the message out to people so it wasn't as well attended as it should have been unfortunately.

I think you rate...so there!  lol  

Ah, thanks for the information and the contact name Couldbe.   I agree, that it would be no easy task, and at this late date, it's not anything I'd want to try and pull for a SL10B-Adult version.

Stellar Starship wrote:

I think you rate...so there!  lol  

Ah, thanks for the information and the contact name Couldbe.   I agree, that it would be no easy task, and at this late date, it's not anything I'd want to try and pull for a SL10B-Adult version.

/me gives you a hug xxx

In the end, I think we've just got to be amazed and grateful that SL actually made it to 10 years, despite LLs best efforts.  A couple of years ago I wasn't sure we'd make it but the old girl keeps hanging on.  It may not be that chaotic, anything is possible place I first stepped into back in 2006 but it's a beautiful world in there and it still takes my breath away. 

It's sad you didn't make it over the line but really, what's more important is you've been caught in the spell and keep logging in to be part of the magic of the place. It's the people who make SL so special and it's all good.

You need to put your rose tinted spectacles on here because as we know, some of our fellow inmates make this place resemble bedlam at times but it's all part of the charm (or so I'm told ;) )