Alpha layer all of a sudden decides...

LadyPetunias Audion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alpha  layer all of a sudden decides..to make me nude lolol

I have this outfit.. had it on for a couple days.. have it saved and all,

Well was tring on new outfits..... all is good. until I changed back into what I had on.....the next thing I know that only my jewlery and shoes and pant cuffs decided to show... not the rest of it....... It turns out, it is the alpha layer for my shoes..... that decided all of a sudden to give me problems.. So far I know it is only this one outfit.. and it was fine before....no other alpha layers.....

it is probably something stupid I over looked as usual....:matte-motes-confused:

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that you can wear any other outfit and appear fine but that this shoe alpha is causing an issue with just the one outfit or is this shoe alpha now causing a problem with all outfits and you appear nude no matter what? 

I know you posted a few days ago and probably have sorted the problem out by now. However, if just affecting one outfit, why not replace the shoes or at least the alpha layer? If affecting all outfits, complete a Character Test which will reset your avatar to a library default one - Develop Menu > Avatar > Test Female and then rebuild your avatar.

... and if the suggestions by Nyll don't solve the problem it might be that some files in your cache have corrupted.  It does not happen often but sometimes it might.  Clear your cache, log in, let your inventory load fully and see has the problem gone away.

/me puts on her nerdy glasses... :matte-motes-nerdy:  :smileywink:

About technical terms...

I wonder why most people talk about "alpha layer"? :smileysurprised:  The truth is that there's no such thing as alpha layer.  Such thing just does not exist anywhere.  For example in Photoshop there is "alpha channel", but there is no "alpha layer".

What we have in Second Life to hide parts of avatar body is called "alpha mask".  It most definitely is not a layer.  It is a mask.  We can wear up to five separate alpha masks at the same time.

Even the viewer clearly says: Alpha Mask  (no mention of layer).

Editing-alpha-mask.png

/me takes off her nerdy glasses...  :matte-motes-big-grin: :smileywink: 

If anybody reading this post still talks about alpha layer instead of the correct term alpha mask, will donate 50 L$ to some good cause every single time when they use the wrong term.  Ok?  :smileytongue: :smileyvery-happy:

Checked everything.. I  created a nude avatr base with nothing but my but my huds on :smileyembarrassed:  lolol Anyway

Now it is happening to all my clothing with pants.... and haveing several other outfit issues....I am now nude...nothing but huds I put on a top and only the bottom half shoes up... and it is a "Jacket" there is only one part to this top....I would contact that creator but seems tbe happening to all of them.What is this_001.png

There seems to be a line at my waist.... my nipples do not show.

What is this2_001.png

This is the Shirt that is a "Jacket" one piece..... now o nly the bottom hem shows.... becuase of what ever is on the first  picture.

What is this3_001.png

Ok but as you can see.. I have nothing on

and I apologize for the pics..I did cover stuffs up... LOLOL

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

lol Coby! You were obviously in Chosen Few's graphics class! That's been a bugbear of his for many years. :smileyvery-happy:

I have seen Chosen repeating this over and over again in the forums and I guess the correct term has rubbed on me too by now. :smileywink: :matte-motes-big-grin:  

• 2 months later...

Often after trying on many outfits in a row I will have simmilar problems. First empty your trash then, set your chacehs to clear...(in preferences) both the one in network cache and the one in privacy (this one is your texture history). then relog. sometimes it waits for me to start the computer the next day so if it doesnt empty the cache on the relog do a full  computer restart to set it in action. 

Then like any day you clear cache.. load your inventroy... force all things to load by typing a in the inventory search... if the total number isn't done yet but is moving slow delete the a and type e.. go through the vowels one at a time until its all loaded. The items you have on will be the last to load.. crazy yes. Loading solves more issues than you can immagine. 

I would always try these things first before resorting to things like character tests. BUT if sl as a whole is running slow for everyone, if its showing issues being worked on on the dashboard.. try and wait till that is resolved first. None of these ideas will work right for you if you start doing these things at a time there are major repairs going on.

Also something to look for with this alpha seeming to be the issue.. see if it keeps making copies somewhere where it shouldnt or has extra link set copies in the current outfit folder. If it does then delete all traces of that item as it could be causing a bigger glitch. delete and empty trash get rid of all traces if it is doing what i just described.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3897 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.