Friends in-world but not in the web browser?

Maia007

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! 

I noticed days ago that a friend of mine who I added a week or so is not in my web browser. I keep seeing the ADD FRIEND button too when I check on his profile (in the web). We are friends in-world and we even tried deleting each other and adding back to see if it will fix the issue, to no avail. so now we can't see each others stuff on our web profiles because it is saying he and I are not friends :P so we try adding again, accepting the friend requests but it's still saying ADD FRIEND.

I thought this is just an issue with one friend but then I found out there's another friend now XD so two of them with the same problem. I don't see them in my friends list in my web browser but we are on each others lists in-world. I already asked Firestorm group support about this but I was told that the viewer has no connection with LL's web browser when it comes to this glitch/issue(?). kinda makes sense since I do see both friends in my list through my viewer but if the web browser is saying they are not my friends then it's a problem regarding seeing each other's stuff that we put on the web profile. 

may I know what is causing this if anyone knows at all? :) and is there a way to fix it or is it like an on-going issue with other people which we just need to wait to get fixed BY LL?

I've already tried relogging a bunch of times too (to 'refresh' things) but it's not just doing anything >.<

thank you for reading! :)

6 answers to this question

Yes there seems to be a bug. It started about the time they did the last maintenance on my.secondlife.com which was 16th and 17th May. We will just have to wait until it gets fixed. Meanwhile, if you change your privacy settings so that everyone in SecondLife can see your profile then your friends can see your profile too.

• Like 2

I had a similar situation and guess what happened? My so-called friend disabled me from seeing her when she is online (unchecked that option by my name inworld) so I dont see her as a friend on my dashboard but inworld I see her on my friend list but "offline". When I asked why's that hapenning, she said "try relog".

Don't get me wrong about your friend, this is only my experience :manwink:

hi ^^ well, these friends am referring to I added just a few days ago.. none of my old friends I have issue with. I do see their names on the left panel of our SL web account but not on the other window (where we see the 'feed', 'about', etc)... I see their names in-world but NOT invisible :) so I don't think they're trying to hide from me teehee xD thank you for the message!

hi

I have same probs, inworld all ok, friends=X all,

in webbrowser https://secondlife.com/my/account Friends= x-4

and in https://my.secondlife.com friends=x-7.

at their profile i can ADD they as my friends but nothing happened.

Somebody delete me inworld but in webbrowser he was still in list.
I check it on differend pc and with smartphone, same problem.

best regards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.