Can't set permissions on my own objects

Taylen Lacombe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't set my permissons on an object i've made to full permissions. Copy, Mod and Transfer.

I've tried different avatars and different viewers. I've tried clearing my inventory cache. The resell or transfer box is always checked and blacked out. If I change and click the copy , then i can change the transfer box. I can click all of them, but It won't let me have all 3 checked.  I've been able to mod someone elses full perm objects and it will change it no problem, but anything I create from scratch ie: a simple box.... it will not let me change it to FULL permissions. Is there something in the Advanced menu or viewer that i need to fix? I've checked everywhere and can't figure this out.

1 answer to this question

If there is anything in the object that has lesss than full perms, it will reduce the permissions of the whole object.  That is, an object can have no permissions higher than the most restrictive things in it.  For example, if I put a no-copy animation  in an object, the object itself will have no-copy perms.

Also, you can only set perms reliably on objects that are rezzed in world, not on things that are in your inventory.  Read  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Debug_Permissions to get a better feel for permissions and for access to an "advanced" tool that can help you understand the perms on your own items better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3961 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.