pretty and possible smart girl can't log on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you all for replying.  I believe it is my avi.  I am bogged down with so so so many items but I can't fix that.  To test my connection and my viewer I created an alt in 3 minutes.  Logged on no problem.  No issues.  Tried my old and lovely avi and no luck.  To recreate me would take a years.  uggh.  Thoughts?  

If you're hearing music you must have media set to stream automatically. Try going into edit/preferences and turning that off. Maybe that will get you past the hump so you can go somewhere else.

You should take people's advice and try logging in from another location too, so you're sure it isn't the location.

Look in the upper right corner of your screen (or lower right if you've moved it) at the picture of the envelope that tells you how many notifications you've had build up - if you can get that far, that is. If it says "99+" you may have so many notifications that your viewer logs you out before it can load them all. If this is the case, as soon as you see that envelope right click it and pick "Delete all". You may have to do it more than once.

Besides trying other viewers, I have something you could try. Delete your C:\Users\Medhue\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\medhue_simoni and your C:\Users\Medhue\AppData\Local\SecondLife folders. These will be different on a mac, and of course the user will be you not me. You will have to redo all your settings, but I've been forced to delete these before, as it was the only way I could get back inworld.

Gadget Portal wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I can't get past why being pretty has anything to do with not being able to log on.  But then I'm a redhead...maybe it's a blonde thing. :matte-motes-wink:

It's to get more people to help.

I was thinking that - like women who bat their eyes to get men to help them. *smh*

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I can't get past why being pretty has anything to do with not being able to log on.  But then I'm a redhead...maybe it's a blonde thing. :matte-motes-wink:

I was thinking that - like women who bat their eyes to get men to help them. *smh*

Two pages of replies, looks like it worked.

What got my reply was the "possible smart girl." She isn't sure?

Gadget Portal wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ahem.

Dang - I should have thought of other blondes getting hit with shrapnel.  Sorry about that Dillon (and other blondes) - just the first thing that came to my mind without my first shot of caffeine. ;)

Melita Magic wrote:

What got my reply was the "possible smart girl." She isn't sure?

Gadget Portal wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Gadget Portal wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I was going to comment on that as well, but figured I'd just stop with "pretty" - for now.

• 2 weeks later...

try installing SL again, but first find your old setting  and cache folders and delete them.

Also check if you have active firewall or antivirus or other anti-things programs  on your pc that might block it,then allow SL from there

run also a test for your internet connection on www.speedtest.net or other sites like that.

be sure that you're not logging in from a wifi and if you do try to log in once from a cabled pc connection (sl is not much friendly with wifi).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.