Second life Keeps Crashing When in a crowded place

Moonie Ghanduhar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello People , So I have been having this issues for quaiet a while.
Im using Phoenix Firestorm.
So I want to teleport to a place where theres more then 10 ppl. Like Crack Den.

When I go there I can look around a little bit. Then it suddenly freezes and in the corner of the screen it writes something like textures cant load momery full - 1 or something like that . After that 1 minute and i crash... I want to Role-play sooo much in that place but i just cant because I keep crashing even if i have my graphics under normal. Help? 

3 answers to this question

I can't say that I have ever seen that message before, but it sounds like your graphics card doesn't have adequate memory to handle rendering everything youre trying to see.  You didn't tell  us anything about your computer or your settings, so it's hard to guess.  Try a simple experiment first...  lower your draw distance to 64m or less and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, increase it gradually until the problem starts happening again.   That will tell you the maximum load your system can handle.

Regardless of that, though, open Help >> About Firestorm in your viewer.  Then click the Copy to Clipboard button to copy all the information there.  Come back here, open your question again, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Then paste the information into your question so we can see it. Please do NOT start a new thread.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. Get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. Help->About... provides all the version numbers we need.  To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Without the computer specs we can only guess at what may be the problem. That can be tedious for both of us.

There is a problem with some textures not loading correctly. You can look in the Viewer's log to see what crashed the viewer. In Windows that log is in: C:\Users\[Win_login_ID]\AppData\Roaming\Firestorm\logs\

The file you want is: Firestorm.log

Open it and scroll to the end. It is a text file so any text editor will open it. Work back from the end looking for errors and warnings. Hopefully they will give a clue to the problem.

I suggest you join the in-world Firestorm Support group and let them help you. They have some great support people. They will need the tech info I mention above. Firestorm also has a wiki with FAQ's and Fixes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.