Sign in to follow this  
mgjackson

Love hearts on the World Map

Yeah, I'm not even sure it is really land. It was water before. All I was asking him is have some common courtesy, be a good neighbor. But he didn't see it that way :( 

Jewel Laurasia wrote:

I think what LL counted on when selling entire regions with waterways was having good neighborly people buy it. Ha! Welcome to Second Life.

LL should be fixing this problem when land is abandoned.
Obviously they can't do anything now about it.

That's not true. They can, if they wish, move landowners to other sims. They did it with Zindra and they can do it with water if they choose to.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Jewel Laurasia wrote:

I think what LL counted on when selling entire regions with waterways was having good neighborly people buy it. Ha! Welcome to Second Life.

LL should be fixing this problem when land is abandoned.
Obviously they can't do anything now about it.

That's not true. They can, if they wish, move landowners to other sims. They did it with Zindra and they can do it with water if they choose to.

They coerced landowners into moving.  None of those landowners had to move.  They just would not have been able to promote or host Adult Content the way that they were.

Linden Lab could make a rule with the nature of you can not do thing that impedes movement through the water ways but that would be something they have refused to do:  Zoning!

I think Second Life is a SOCIAL medium in the first place;  just like Twitter, Facebook, etc.

When people block the waterways with their land completely, they are anti-social in my eyes and should not be allowed to be on SL in the first place.

On the mainland its hardly (read not) possible to sail from one continent to another.

I really do not understand why LL allows this kind of behaviour.

This said I think on the other hand that everywhere in the world one finds people who are nuts; SL is made by and used by people;  social people and egocentric people too.  Pitty. :manfrustrated: :smileymad:

Have a wonderful SL which CAN enrich your RL.

J.J.

The Netherlands.