Textures constantly going blurred

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

37 minutes ago, DaWolfie Winterwolf said:

In Answer to Blurryness : Use "Hi-Res" option, if your computer is powerful enough, mine isn't and its still alive.

Alternative Eco Friendly Fix ( : Clear Cache

Is it against the forum guidelines to slap someone with a wet fish?  :D

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, DaWolfie Winterwolf said:

I'm not following your jokes "Girls", does it have anything to do with having balls attached in a PG Region (?)

You follow (?)

Keep this topic on the subject instead of deviating somewhere else, Thanks.

I dont follow but you revived a necro post to give out of date advice.  These days clearing cache is not recommended. But I'm blonde someone more technical will explain though

Edited by Cindy Evanier

Why not (?) 

Added : Also, If the problem persist and there is a topic already there, then there is no need to create another one. Don't you think (?)

This is indeed an old post, but the problem is still around, I never had to use the option "Hi-Res" before, I just started to have to for no reason and seems to be the only way to avoid getting blurry textures.

Edited by DaWolfie Winterwolf

I tried Pussycats suggestions and saw an immediate improvement to my computer performance with Second Life. Fair to explain, my machine was manufactured in 2013, but is still hanging in there, so to my end, the info she suggested was/is still applicable, Sometimes old threads do come in handy.

1 hour ago, DaWolfie Winterwolf said:

Answer me this :

Are you a person that turns off the computer everytime you don't use it or you keep it running 24/7/365 (?)

If you are asking me, I never turn my computer off unless I leave home for multiple days or I'm rebooting.  I do put the monitor and computer to sleep at night and during the workday.

5 hours ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

I tried Pussycats suggestions and saw an immediate improvement to my computer performance with Second Life. Fair to explain, my machine was manufactured in 2013, but is still hanging in there, so to my end, the info she suggested was/is still applicable, Sometimes old threads do come in handy.

Yes but still that should not be the answer, Linden made one specific change that broke everything again, even if the post is from 2013 and we are in 2017 Im still aiming into the problem being there, its not just enabling an option that only appear in the developers menu, but as you can see, some people can't relate on finding any other fix and they get upset when someone shows up trying to find another way to fix things.

6 hours ago, DaWolfie Winterwolf said:

It should not be the way to fix it but if you girls thinks its the only solution be happy.

Since I noticed a bad temper on all the females showing up in here to reply to me, except for one this is a little song for all of you who got their period late

Enjoy

Whatta maroon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DaWolfie Winterwolf said:

It should not be the way to fix it but if you girls thinks its the only solution be happy.

Since I noticed a bad temper on all the females showing up in here to reply to me, except for one this is a little song for all of you who got their period late

Enjoy

So if a female doesn't agree with you, she must be having menstrual issues?

I'd suggest maybe you are having some sort of male ego issues.......... or maybe you are just a d!ckhead.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Will some hair do?  (It is hard to find photos in this category that can be posted here)

Temp4.jpg.287405bd530c3c299f77ca0089d0dad3.jpg

Ever have a comment you just have to make, damn the consequences? I have one. But since I have had one (1) comment here deleted by the mods (rightfully so too. I went off my meds), it's best I just think of this pic and chuckle.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...
On 11/9/2017 at 3:58 PM, DaWolfie Winterwolf said:

Why not (?) 

Added : Also, If the problem persist and there is a topic already there, then there is no need to create another one. Don't you think (?)

This is indeed an old post, but the problem is still around, I never had to use the option "Hi-Res" before, I just started to have to for no reason and seems to be the only way to avoid getting blurry textures.

I was wondering about this for a long time, and Hi-Res does work.  Thank you so much.

I also support the idea of sticking with the topic and not to divert to something else.  It makes it much difficult and slower for people to find answer.

Finally, the warning message about Hi-Res is unhelpful.  I suggest developers to retest and quantify again under what limits it will crash.

Right now, the message is superficial and unsophisticated.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, SoniaVileva said:

Finally, the warning message about Hi-Res is unhelpful.  I suggest developers to retest and quantify again under what limits it will crash.

Please see @NiranV Dean's answer in this post: 

To quote:

If all of that is fine and your textures are still not loading for some reason you can force them with the debug setting "TextureLoadFullRes", BUT i highly recommend not doing this unless absolutely necessary. It will force all textures to load at their max resolution and you'll most likely end up filling 8-12GB of texture memory easily. If your GPU doesn't have that much (if it has you shouldn't be seeing these low textures in the first place) your framerate will slowly drop down to a crawling as your GPU gets more and more busy with reallocating textures over and over.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SoniaVileva said:

The warning message (if you are talking about Whirly's warning) is still absolutely up to date and says everything that needs to be said.

Using Full Res Textures will force all textures to download at their maximum resolution, nowadays this (as explained in the post Pantera linked) means we are commonly looking at up to 8GB if not more texture memory, this texture memory is ALSO doubled not only into our GPU memory (VRAM) but also our system memory (RAM), this means the Viewer will go up all the way to eating 8-12GB RAM (or more) which in most cases for SL users is a potential crash, 16GB or less is pretty common to have in SL and using 12GB alone just for SL (plus some extra that is already reserved) and windows + all apps you have started, essentially means you WILL crash or at the very least be very close to it. Even if you don't crash you will see drastically reduced performance to the point that SL will become absolutely unusable (unless you are already used to running at single digit framerates).

And in short this means and i'm paraphrasing what Whirly said: Forcing full res textures will crash you or at the very least kill your performance (if you had any).

And as i mentioned in Pantera's linked post, if you aren't seeing your framerate dip you didn't need full res in the first place (because your GPU isn't full and could have loaded everything anyway, which implies the issue is elsewhere). So by all means the warning is warranted, it's just kept simple because SL users tend to not understand any kind of explanation anyway, trying to explain the issue in detail would be futile.

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NiranV Dean said:

The warning message (if you are talking about Whirly's warning) is still absolutely up to date and says everything that needs to be said.

Using Full Res Textures will force all textures to download at their maximum resolution, nowadays this (as explained in the post Pantera linked) means we are commonly looking at up to 8GB if not more texture memory, this texture memory is ALSO doubled not only into our GPU memory (VRAM) but also our system memory (RAM), this means the Viewer will go up all the way to eating 8-12GB RAM (or more) which in most cases for SL users is a potential crash, 16GB or less is pretty common to have in SL and using 12GB alone just for SL (plus some extra that is already reserved) and windows + all apps you have started, essentially means you WILL crash or at the very least be very close to it. Even if you don't crash you will see drastically reduced performance to the point that SL will become absolutely unusable (unless you are already used to running at single digit framerates).

And in short this means and i'm paraphrasing what Whirly said: Forcing full res textures will crash you or at the very least kill your performance (if you had any).

And as i mentioned in Pantera's linked post, if you aren't seeing your framerate dip you didn't need full res in the first place (because your GPU isn't full and could have loaded everything anyway, which implies the issue is elsewhere). So by all means the warning is warranted, it's just kept simple because SL users tend to not understand any kind of explanation anyway, trying to explain the issue in detail would be futile.

Thank you Niran for taking the time to explain. The memory context in this case is helpful. I can now compare apple to apple ...  I have not crashed and I tried to go to 'busy' sims too.  I have not so far observed a crash, nor performance issues. (If I run two FS together at the same time, then it gets very slow, and I have to make my windows smaller to cope) But no more blur!! 

Also, I was referring to FS, when I use Black Dragon, my impression was that it loads very fast and I have no issues. (a few months ago)

On a related topic, don't know already a thread on this. BOM bake time is actually a few seconds longer (sometimes 10sec) and it does not seem to be cached. Every time I change hairbaseA to hairbaseB and back to A, for example, it will takes a few seconds to load, and it appears that it only loads when the camera is on it. i.e. I can't even preload it nor caching it. Is this the expected latest behaviour of BOM texture loading? Or I am doing some setting wrong?  I tried clearing my cache and start over, it does not help.

Thank you again for responding.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.