How to: Linking your PayPal without a creditcard

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, TimmiCat said:

I have a verified PayPal account (linked bank account) I have over 25 USD in my PayPal and it still asks for a credit card. I'm out of ideas on how to make this work.  Maybe it has something to do with my geographic location. 

Or maybe it has something to do with the OP being 6 years old and the info is out dated.

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Or maybe it has something to do with the OP being 6 years old and the info is out dated.

Well this is the most recent info I could find.

Edited by TimmiCat

55 minutes ago, TimmiCat said:

Well this is the most recent info I could find.

You have entered your PayPal information as your payment method? and have checked the boxes for using it for land, premium and other recurring fees, and for buying L$'s in the viewer?   What are you trying to do when it asks you for a credit card number?

56 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hopefully this will help. Took me two minutes to find it. ;)

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/billing-r11/#Section__7_3

Red threw that sadly didn't help.

54 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

You have entered your PayPal information as your payment method? and have checked the boxes for using it for land, premium and other recurring fees, and for buying L$'s in the viewer?   What are you trying to do when it asks you for a credit card number?

I'm stuck on the adding payment method step. I add my paypall information and it redirects me to link a credit card to my PayPal account.

If you don't have a credit card linked to your PayPal account,  and if you already have a USD balance in your PayPal account, then you probably need to call LL Billing Support to find out what the issue is (and/or contact PayPal support as well - it's hard to know which side the rejection is happening on).   The Billing Support phone numbers and hours are in the knowledgebase article Selene provided the link to above.  If you're not in a geographic area to take advantage of the toll-free number, you may be able to use Skype.

I am pretty sure from other threads on this subject that you need a credit care (not a prepaid card) linked to your Paypal account for things to work. You "may" be able to link to your bank account. I have both linked and have had for decades so not an issue for me, but part of the reason for this is about fraud and money laundering.  So if you can't link a credit card to your Paypal you are likely out of luck -- again this from many posts on this subject, not my personal experience.  

So it isn't just having a Paypal account, it is having a VERIFIED Paypal account. 

It might be that you need the credit card initially linked in PayPal, to get the payment method set up, and then can try unlinking the credit card as long as you always maintain sufficient monies in the PayPal USD balance. 

The bank account satisfies the verification part I think, but not all bank accounts do instantaneous and guaranteed payments, which is what it sounds like LL needs, based on what was in the knowledge base article.

But, best to contact Billing Support and find out what the actual problem might be.

• 2 years later...

help! I want to link PayPal account ((and don't own credit card) which linked to may partners bank account as partner pays for my premium membership annually as birthday gift.) so pay to get lindens on occasion and when made money in world to get money flowing other direction from cashed out lindens to credit on PayPal account but don't know how as not tech savvy anymore. any ideas?

1 hour ago, EquestrianMoon said:

help! I want to link PayPal account ((and don't own credit card) which linked to may partners bank account as partner pays for my premium membership annually as birthday gift.) so pay to get lindens on occasion and when made money in world to get money flowing other direction from cashed out lindens to credit on PayPal account but don't know how as not tech savvy anymore. any ideas?

go to your accountpage, account/ billing information ..and it will show you where.

@EquestrianMoon, you don't need a credit card to link your real life bank account to PayPal and use PayPal with Second Life. You just need to give PayPal your bank account information (account number and RTN). Instructions are on the PayPal web site. The verification process will take a few business days.

Two suggestions:

1. Transfer enough money from your bank to your PayPal account to pay for your Second Life bills.  Linden Lab does not like waiting for money to be transferred from your bank, they prefer immediate payment.
  2. If you are worried about giving an online service like PayPal access to your bank account, consider making a second account at your bank for use with PayPal, and keep a limited amount of funds in the account.
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 857 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.