HELP ASAP D; 1000+ items randomly attached to my avatar D;

Jade Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure where else to post this but I need help ASAP.

I was working on a new skin line and when I opened my inventory to change hair, out of nowhere everything in my prims/furniture/etc folder (all of my furniture, boxes, skyboxes/buildings, rezzers, megaprims etc  that I had nowhere else to put) just randomly attached themselves to my avatar. Needless to say it crashed my client (I'm using an updated version of phoenix firestorm). 

So I have about 1000 or more objects randomly attached to my avatar and I can't take them off because every time I try I crash. I tried to take off 10 or so at a time hoping that would go quicker and be less likely to crash since it's less to do at once but just the amount of crap on my avatar right now is making it unavoidable. I even tried going to my outfits and replacing current outfit to a simple one I had saved a few months ago for shape-making that consisted only of the essentials, and even just trying to detach things that way crashed my client.

I considered uninstalling/reinstalling but that doesn't affect what I am wearing in-world, only things on my end like the cache and whatnot. I have no idea what to do and I really need to fix this! D;

Please help me, I'll be eternally grateful!

Imma cry if I can't find a way to fix this. :matte-motes-crying:

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

"Wearing Your Entire Inventory

If you find yourself suddenly starting to wear your entire inventory, here are some suggestions for how to fix the problem. Please do them one at a time; the initial methods are simpler than later ones, and will often work. If a method fails, then move on to the next one. Please also follow the instructions as exactly as possible.

Method 1

• Open the Current Outfit folder (no, don't click on the Worn tab; find the Current Outfit folder), and shift select blocks of 10 or so worn items and Right click → detatch from yourself.
  • Note: Do not attempt to remove too many worn links in one go, or you will likely crash or freeze. Also note that you cannot detatch your skin, shape, bald hairbase or eyes links.
  • Detatch everything showing worn in Current Outfit folder that you can and then delete all unworn links a few at a time (again, dont delete too many at once ot you may freeze/crash).
  • Once you are only left with skin, shape, baldy and eyes worn, you may wish to empty trash as there may be hundreds of links in there.
  • Now you are safe to replace outfit normally

Method 2

If the above doesn't solve the problem, the fix below usually works - though it may need to be repeated a couple of times:

• Make a temporary folder in your inventory; in that, put a *copy* of your skin, shape, hair base and eyes - and if you like, a base layer garment like jeans or a dress. NO PRIMS
  • Right click the folder you just made, and select Replace Outfit. No Add, not wear, but REPLACE
  • Once that has done, relog to last location - ie, back to Hippo Hollow.
  • Make sure you are still wearing only the things from the temporary folder you made
  • At this point, you can put your normal avatar back on."

This was said in a previous thread about this topic. Not sure it helps since it sound slike that's what your doing. I think this is gonna be one of those momens where you're gonna have to be patient and detatching 10 at a time until it's all gone.:/ I hope I'm wrong and someone has something better.

Yeah those are the two methods I immediately thought of to try, and they still caused me to crash...

The first method about removing a few at a time will literally take me days on end because of how many things are attached to me. There's probably a good 20,000 items in that folder that are now attached to my avatar. Taking off 10 or so at a time isn't really efficient by any stretch of the word. =/ My scrollbar on the worn items tab is about 1mm tall.

FML

If you crash too soon to fix this by the other methods, log in, turn your graphics down to minimum, and open your outfits folder and wear an outfit. Or do a character test to bump you back to the the base female avatar. It sounds like you'd crash if you tpd or moved around too much, this method is faster than the others suggested. If the first method merely adds the outfit to what you're already wearing, I'd go with the character test, it's faster.

Okay problem updated. I managed to get all of the objects off of my avatar (I started detaching the scripted things first to make it run faster and then the 500 megaprims after) but then they started slowly reappearing, one by one.

I detatched the new objects and they kept coming one every couple of seconds. I disabled scripts on my land and a few still attached, and then I detached the firestorm bridge and they stopped. What the hell?

I think there's a keyboard shortcut that hides every prim from the screen.

If you can't find it. Try typing "dd 0" in the chat bar, this will set the draw distance to zero and hide every thing from the screen, I think this will prevent the high download weight. When you finish, just set it back to your preferred draw distance by "dd value".

This will solve the crashing problem if the purpose is the high number of prims on the screen.

replay if the method didn't work so I can think of something else.

I managed to sort it out. After I detached the bridge the problem stopped.

Now I'm just stuck in the floor again (my avatar dropped but my camera center hasn't), and now I'm restarting in hopes of fixing that one. I can't get a break, Lol. 

Thanks for everyone who offered suggestions! I had no idea you could set the draw distance to 0 through a chat command like that ;o I'll definitely keep that in mind if it ever happens again.

being underground may be a change in your avatars shape actually. It's a new feature in Firestorm to deal with the loss of another feature due to server side baking. anyway happens to me everytime I make a new item of clothing. If you can edit the shape go into the body tab and scroll tot he bottom it's called hover just change it to a higher number and you should be above ground.

Also if your bridge is curropt deleting it probably wouldn't hurt I think firestorm will make a new one anyway.

SNAKE Topaz wrote:

the thing is, you can't delete the bridge folder of a viewer you are logged into.

If you want to delete the bridge, you should log in from another viewer (not Firestorm), Official SL viewer is a good choice.

Is this a new, I'd say feature but it's hardly a feature, so, new bug?

As of 2 weeks ago I was able to not only remove the bridge but also delete it, while still being logged in, without any problems. I had to do it for a no script zone. I only know, because that was when I did it. It's still not on. I didn't have to relog, or go to another viewer either. I did it while logged in, without any problems and went about my day. You do have to disable the brdge in preferences though, or it just rebuilds itself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.