Where's a good place to Rez a large boat?

mgjackson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bought a 3 masted schooner and having a little trouble finding a bit of open water where I can rez it.

The boat also has a 'stationary' mode where it can be rezzed unattached to the avatar, and not had a play with that yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks, my first attempt at rezzing it was in a small harbour which the boat complely filled.

It was also across a sim boundary, which in retrospec, wasn't that smart.  The boat comes in 2 main pieces, the hull which you stand on, and the top deck and rigging which the avatar wears.  As I pulled across the sim boundary, the hull suddenly dissappeared and the remains of the boat sunk, leaving the top of the masts poking out of the water....quite a sight, and no doubt amusing to others watching.   

However, that enabled me to 'take' the top part of the boat and I've been rezzing the hull in a small dingy launch area,  and then wear the top part as its in the inventory.  But its not a very elagant way of getting afloat.

Accross a sim boarder wow it must be quite large. I have a friend who has a Titanic. That boat is the length of a whole sim. They tried rezzing it in the blake sea but it would be auto returned within a few minates. Of ypu just want to hang out on it and not sail it then maybe a sandbox would do. But like others have said find a large space in middle of the Blake sea.

Be aware that there is an area of the Blake Sea that you are not allowed to rez large boats.  This came up a few months ago in a Thread.  This is Linden Lab Endorsed.  So don't be shocked if you find your boat returned to you or you are asked to pick it up.

One of the more knowledgeable sailors here probably know the specific area I am referring to.

Every sim in Blake Sea has a rezzable NE corner. I don't know what the prim limit is in these rez spots and what exaactly the autoreturn time is. I guess 2, 5 or 10 minutes. Blake Sea was made for sailing, not for showing of your monsteryachts and disturbing the traffic. If your boat is of the wearable type you won't need to worry anyway since the rezzable bases are mostly just a handful prims.

Another are not yet mentioned is the Fruit Island estates and the linked Eden estates (the latter naturist in nature).

Some pretty nice marinas and a lot of open water (not sure how much, I think >100 connected regions).

• 6 years later...
11 hours ago, derek244 said:

I read recently that fruit island managers are turning away non residents from sailing.

Cite your source because I don't believe that, and even if it's true there's only one way to find out. In my experience, 99.43% of all estate owners want visitors to their regions. As for rental business, you'd lose business if your tenants cannot invite guests, etc. Which is why I believe that whatever it is you've read is printed on hot air.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.