How to buy $ L ​​the avatars who do not have credit card?

Bea Minotaur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

@ Joy : Odd, i also have just paypal from the very beginning, and Cerditcard is a complete own button / field in my biling informations.

Maybe it's just temporary messy while they are switching it to the new system. PLus i don't see why you would need a creditcard in addition since paypal can be linked to your bank account / debitcard - just as Innula.

• Like 1

Who says, and where, that "transfer from a bank account takes too long"? I've just set up payment details for one of my alts with LL and PayPal is the first option they offer. She's now set up to use my paypal account which, as I said above, is connected to my bank account via a debit card. LL don't know how my PayPal account is funded, of course -- all they know is that it works.

• Like 2

Transfer from bank account is as instant as from credit card in my experience. I am also here in the UK, and making transactions with PayPal have not been problematic at all, even since the announcement by Linden Lab about the changes regarding third party exchanges.

I don't know what is going on in Germany/Austria/Switzerland, as I've heard several similar stories about people clicking on the PayPal button on their Account page, and then they're seeming to need also a credit card number.

Maybe its time for all of these people to be submitting support tickets directly to Linden Lab - we seem to be needing clarity for all.

• Like 1

@ joy: for direct transfere / wire from a bank account i understand that. but when a debit card is linked to paypal the payment is done within a second even the withdrawing from your bank account / should no money be uploaded on paypal.

And normally it shouldn't matter for them if you have your debit or credit card linked to your paypal account.

I am still trying to get a finite or valid answer on how these things are to handle from now on. (also in own interest)
Ill drop a note here should i recieve a reply.

Ah.. that's LL misunderstanding things, I think. Certainly my PayPal account is verified, but (at least in the UK) you don't need a credit card to do that. I just gave them my bank account details and authorised them to debit it, and they made two tiny transactions (each one only a few pennies) and I had to tell them how much they had debited it. That way they knew it was my account, and from then on we were are OK.

I'm told by some people over at SLU that they manage to operate PayPal from their German accounts perfectly well. http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/general-sl-discussion/83054-5-6-tos-change-end-22.html#post1769415

• Like 1

Some debt cards are accepted directly by Linden . ( not only credit cards)

If your bank card is not accepted by Linden , you may use it with paypal .

If your bank card is not accepted by Paypal , you may use your bank account . Nevertheless , you will need to get the "verified" status from paypal

1stly : use an account paypal for your country ( paypal germany if you are german , and not paypal us)

2ndly add your bank account . Get the "verified" status from paypal ( don t be confused with the verified status from SL)

You may check it if you go to preferences / more options / my money 

3rrdly sets up you primary and secondary funding source 

preferences / more options / my money / approved payments /define funding sources

Use bank account . ( by default it s not defined)

• Like 1

If I properly understand it, the "credit option" to which you refer means whether the card has to check to see if the funds are actually available in your bank before the transaction is authorised ("online verification") or whether it trusts you up to a certain limit, even though you may not be authorised by your bank to go overdrawn ("offline verification", like the old check guarantee cards, at least in the UK).

I would disagree about not needing a card with offline verification. In the UK, you need them for making purchases on many trains, for example, and -- I think -- at a lot of petrol stations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.