The Podex exchange - still running

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this is useful or not to Europeans who can't currently buy linden dollars, but I thought it worth mentioning just incase it is:

10.05.2013 Despite the dark clouds over independent third party exchanges Podex Exchange continues its normal work selling and buying L$. The only change is stricter security policy which can cause delays with some transactions. We are sorry for it.

We also want to assure our clients that not only their real money and linden dollars are save with us but also their personal data. Our policy of not requiring any registration to use Podex services have always guaranteed maximum security. We just have nothing to be stolen.

To remain in total compliance with Linden Lab regulations and The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (“FinCEN”) guidance our legal office started preparing application process to become officially registered money services business (MSB).

Jacek Shuftan

http://www.podex.info/

Also I think it worth a post perhaps for discussion\interest that they believe they will be able to stay in business by registering as a MSB..

Why would that be Carl? Podex are going about things in the correct way, I'm sure LL would have stopped them trading in Lindens otherwise, or are you saying LL are unaware of what's going on around them? 

There is a downside,  people without access to Paypal still can't buy Lindens through Podex, it's a shame things had to change but nothing remains the same way forever.

I just  toook another look at Avination, it's just as crappy as ever.  I would rather be in SL without money.

Xavi Farstrider wrote:

because some people cannot use the limited payment methods available on lindex, so buy on TPE's as they offer alot more alternatives especailly for europeans

hello - yes it's true i try podex now too. Maye for some people is difficult to understand that we have differnt fee's to pay ... changing from euro in US$, CC fee's, paypal fee's - finally u r money loos 10% fee's - for feeding unnecessairy vampires ...

Lindex accept only paypal, CC and US$ - if you dont use CC's not feeding vampires, and if u can change direct and taxfree from euro to L$ u save hard earned money - because - finally the better changing rate of lindex is consumed - in other words - 'lost in transmition' ...

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Xavi Farstrider wrote:

because some people cannot use the limited payment methods available on lindex, so buy on TPE's as they offer alot more alternatives especailly for europeans

that still does not alter the fact that LL has said not to use them...

He (she) has 30 days from the date the TOS was updated before this goes into affect AND the TOS still only says not authorized and at your own risk.  It does not say "not allowed."

Perrie Juran wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Xavi Farstrider wrote:

that still does not alter the fact that LL has said not to use them...

He (she) has 30 days from the date the TOS was updated before this goes into affect AND the TOS still only says not authorized and at your own risk.  It does not say "not allowed."

Ditto.

i actually tired cashing out just now using lindex, i wont use paypal as they have tried to scam me before in the past (they got debt collectors onto me claiming i owed them money, long story short i won so banned my account for a made up reason not that i care i wont touch them again) tried to add my CC to the site and it cant find it, so i cant buy or sell my lindens at all unless its via a TPE

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Aethelwine wrote:

still seems to be running too.

If you haven't seen it this is an interesting article.

And yet, even if they comply with US standards, LL is not obligated to let them sell L$.

very true, L$ is licenced based so LL can refuse some use of that licence

Fruitbat Oh wrote:

Podex is now closed . LL shut down the accounts .

Anshex also closed .

There wasn't any chance of LL closing Anshe's account because she makes so much money for LL. I'll add that this is one bit of special treatment that Anshe got from LL - not closing her account for keeping the exchange open - but I don't believe for a moment that she gets the special treatment that some people imagine she does. Anyone else in Anshe's position would have got the same special treatment this time and any other time, and anyone can get themselves into Anshe's position. Not from scratch because those days are gone, but with money.

I'm disappointed that LL have shut Podex down in the manner they did, especially as they've gone against their own TOS, one minute they're trying to work with these companies the next they screw them over.

I fully understood why LL made the decision they did, I didn't like it, but I understood, but there's nothing they can say that will make me feel they were right screwing Podex over in this way.

Summer Tison wrote:

I'm disappointed that LL have shut Podex down in the manner they did, especially as they've gone against their own TOS, one minute they're trying to work with these companies the next they screw them over.

I fully understood why LL made the decision they did, I didn't like it, but I understood, but there's nothing they can say that will make me feel they were right screwing Podex over in this way.

Right now they are all shut down... They all have to register or become compliant or something before LL will even consider  letting them start again. 

Lets be completely honest here.. Would you let unregistered companies play with your money if you were LL? Knowing that YOU would be the one held responsible if the US government caught a SLer laundering money? I know i wouldn't

LL made the TOS to include this..

1. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT

This Agreement may be changed by Linden Lab effective immediately by notifying you as provided in Section 13.4 below; provided that Material Changes will become effective thirty (30) days after such notification. By continuing to access or use Second Life after the effective date of any such change, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms of Service. A "Material Change" is a change to this Agreement which reduces your contractual rights or increases your responsibilities under this Agreement in a significant manner.

What's the point in having a TOS if they're not going to follow it themselves..I have always been taught that we lead by example.

Summer Tison wrote:

LL made the TOS to include this..

1. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT

This Agreement may be changed by Linden Lab effective immediately by notifying you as provided in Section 13.4 below; provided that Materia
l
Changes will become effective thirty (30) days after such notification
By continuing to access or use Second Life after the effective date of any such change, you agree to be bound by the modified Terms of Service.
A "Material Change" is a change to this Agreement which reduces your contractual rights or increases your responsibilities under this Agreement in a significant manner.

What's the point in having a TOS if they're not going to follow it themselves..I have always been taught that we lead by example.

The changes made by LL do not increase our responsibilities or reduce our rights..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.