OPEN PETITON REINTRODUCTION OF EXCHANGE COMPANIES IN SECOND LIFE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone: pls sign the open petition (choose language top right on the website) with the link below:

https://www.openpetition.de/petition/online/wiedereinfuehrung-von-exchange-unternehmen-in-second-life

Reintroduction of Exchange Companies in Second Life

German:
The residents in Second Life demand that all Third Exchange Company be permitted or allowed properly so as to continue to promote a free market economy and to maintain it. Deutsch: The inhabitants of Second Life asking did all third Exchange companies are Properly Allows or approved THEREFORE continue to promote a free-market economy and to maintain. Later receiver (forwarded by Linden Research, Inc) Department of the Treasury 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20220

Reason:

German:
Second Life thriving for each of the income and the selection of Exchange. This will allow the citizens have to decide for themselves how and where you buy your Linden dollars. Furthermore, resellers and service partners have benefited from the shops of Exchange company and therefore have bolstered your monthly income. Deutsch: Second life is thriving since each of the income and the selection of Exchange companies. These have enabled the inhabitants to decide how and where you buy your Linden dollars. Continue to have benefited from the transactions of the Exchange Company reseller and service partners and have upgraded it to your monthly income.

On behalf of all signatories.

Neuwied 08.05.2013 (active till 07.08.2013)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oberon Zuta wrote:

Hello everyone: pls sign the open petition (choose language top right on the website) with the link below:

Reintroduction of Exchange Companies in Second Life

German:

The residents in Second Life demand
that all Third Exchange Company be permitted or allowed properly so as to continue to promote a free market economy and to maintain it. Deutsch: The inhabitants of Second Life asking did all third Exchange companies are Properly Allows or approved THEREFORE continue to promote a free-market economy and to maintain. Later receiver (forwarded by Linden Research, Inc) Department of the Treasury 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20220

Reason:

German:

Second Life thriving for each of the income and the selection of Exchange. This will allow the citizens have to decide for themselves how and where you buy your Linden dollars. Furthermore, resellers and service partners have benefited from the shops of Exchange company and therefore have bolstered your monthly income. Deutsch: Second life is thriving since each of the income and the selection of Exchange companies. These have enabled the inhabitants to decide how and where you buy your Linden dollars. Continue to have benefited from the transactions of the Exchange Company reseller and service partners and have upgraded it to your monthly income.

On behalf of all signatories.

Neuwied 08.05.2013 (active till 07.08.2013)

"The residents in Second Life demand".

Err. No. I am a resident too, and I demand nothing. I guess : 'some residents' or 'the residents signing this' would be more accurate.

Whatever one's views on the particular matter, I really don't think that getting up petitions to LL is a good idea.   No matter how widely-supported the cause -- bring back last names, for example -- the number of people who actually sign the petition is always trivially small.    

At the end of the exercise, LL can -- if they take any notice at all -- simply look at the numbers and say, well, that's such a tiny proportion of the number of people who use the Lindex, let alone people who log in every day, that we can safely ignore it.

I would suggest that people get in touch with LL by whatever way they can -- support ticket, live chat or whatever -- explaining in detail why they find it difficult (impossible) to use Lindex and ask for help resolving the issue.     

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

"The residents in Second Life demand".

Err. No. I am a resident too, and I demand nothing. I guess : 'some residents' or 'the residents signing this' would be more accurate.

... true - this would be more accurate - hmmm accurate ... yes yes - maybe the new ToS should be too?

As much as I support this, I too believe that such a move isn't the right way ahead. A very small proportion of SL users use these forums so it's not going to give an accurate figure of how many people the new TOS actually affect, LL will find out soon enough when some Sim owners can't afford to pay their tiers because some  tennants can't buy L$ anymore, a particular problem I'm facing in the near future unless I can find a way forward that is suitable for me.

On the plus side, I may actually get around to wearing all the clothes I've bought on SL over the years :) 

Though most exchange compagnies did an accellent job for honest people who just wanted to buy or sell L$, at the same time they offer possibilities to cash out L$ obtained by scams.

I do not support that scammers and copyright infringers can make anonymous account after account and go run with the money. Since LL does not want to limit the number of accounts or lock the door at the front side, it I don't think it is a bad idea to lock the door at the back side.

Still I think that LL should have increased the possibilities on the Lindex before forcing us to sign this new tos. Because the effect of closing the backdoor for scammers, is that a lot of honest people are victimised by this new TOS..

I'm not going to sign for compagnies that leave the doors open for scams. I'd rather sign for a better Lindex that doesn't excluded any honest resident in whatever part of the world he lives.

oberon Zuta wrote:

Reason:

This will allow the citizens have to decide for themselves how and where you buy your Linden dollars.

Linden dollars are the property of Linden Lab.. They don't have to let you buy them from anyone else. I personally have never bought them from anyone but Linden Lab. Why should i trust my hard earned USD paycheck to a company i don't know?

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

I do not support that scammers and copyright infringers can make anonymous account after account and go run with the money. Since LL does not want to limit the number of accounts or lock the door at the front side, it I don't think it is a bad idea to lock the door at the back side

I'm not going to sign for compagnies that leave the doors open for scams. I'd rather sign for a better Lindex that doesn't excluded any honest resident in whatever part of the world he lives.

hmmm - i am not able to call a service scammers and copyright infringers without any proof -

... and Lindex exclude many people right now .... not in reason they ar unhonest or whatever - only in reason of technical issues - the open petition has already over 1100 signers in no one day and is published on facebook too.

I work now with www.pondex.info just the storm settled down. They can give me the service i need.

And pls imaging: the people who concerns this change - it is a really bad situation for them!

oberon Zuta wrote:

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

I do not support that scammers and copyright infringers can make anonymous account after account and go run with the money. Since LL does not want to limit the number of accounts or lock the door at the front side, it I don't think it is a bad idea to lock the door at the back side

hmmm - i am not able to call a service scammers and copyright infringers without any proof -

... and Lindex exclude many people right now .... not in reason they ar unhonest or whatever - only in reason of technical issues - the open petition has already over 1100 signers in no one day and is published on facebook too.

I work now with 
just the storm settled down. They can give me the service i need.

And pls imaging: the people who concerns this change - it is a really bad situation for them!

Funny, you do need a shrink indeed while being here spoiler.png

You get me wrong. I don't think that exchange services are scammers or copyright infringers. But they gave the oppertunity for scammers to the change L$ to rl concurrency. It might not even have been the intention of the TPE's, but just a side effect of their services.

maybe it would be more pertinent to make a petition to ask LL to improve their Lindex and accept other way than credit cards or paypal linked to credit cards..

the problem isnt to who you buy l$ but how... LL has full rights to keep the l$ trading into lindex.. they just have to accept other paiements methods than the ones they are currently accepting.

just saying :smileyhappy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

This will allow the citizens have to decide for themselves how and where you buy your Linden dollars.

Linden dollars are the property of Linden Lab.. They don't have to let you buy them from anyone else. I personally have never bought them from anyone but Linden Lab. Why should i trust my hard earned USD paycheck to a company i don't know?

free market economy?

And for example - eldex exchange did a total revenue abot 6 billion L$ last years since it were founded - maybe u dont know - and it is your right not to know - but i did trust them i never lost one cent.

A open petition is not  legally binding - is only a voice ... a wish and - of course - an expectation ...

Transferring illegal scam money is also very easy using Lindex.

Nothing really changes, only a lot of people will lose their business.

Again, i realise its not LL that made the decission, its stupid US laws again that force them .Just like the PG /adult thingy a few years back.Maybe LL should move to a country where they have still have freedom of Enterprise and equal chances for all citizens, instead of a country with unlimited power for white collar.

Right on!

You hit the nail right on the head.

Lindex only accepts CC or PayPal,which is the biggest scam money exchange on the whole net!

PayPal is frequently used by creepy people to whitewash their RL money and buy goods on the net without a trace !

Also Creditcards are widely used to scam, slips are stolen from shops, cc info is exchanged on goofy hacker sites for big money!

Keep your eyes open, but do disable your ears as well.

oberon Zuta wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

just saying :smileyhappy:

... just do it - i will sign in
:)
)))

lol.. although ive been an active militant in rl for almost 20 years, i dont feel to be one within SL... ive totally accepted the fact ive joined a US capitalist company bec noone forced me to join it... 

so well... my militant side is put on sleep when im in sl lol.... :smileywink:

A side effect of the internet is that people tend to get addicted to it.

A side effect of cars is that people die in car accidents.

A side effect of food is that people can get fat, eating to much of it.

A side effect of water is that people drown in it...

Again the majority of the people suffer from ineffective rules and laws, and the effects of abuse by a small minority.

Lets just ban everything harmfull shall we?Ban Tobacco and firearms, ban water, ban cars, ban youth,because they cause so much harm to parents sometimes.

I don't make the US laws, Afrodite.

It the responsibility to each business owner to be informed about laws that influence their business.But it seems that these TPE's did not follow the news about their field very closely. Otherwise they could have know for months already that this new law forces traders in virtual concurrency to register as a MSB at Financial Crimes Enforcement Networks.

None* of them did act however... and now LL acts by closing their Risk API they suddenly wake up, or simply give up.

(* None, I'm not sure about none, it might be the case that Anshe has seen this coming and took her measures, since she is still operating without any further explication)

oberon Zuta wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

free market economy?

And for example - eldex exchange did a total revenue abot 6 billion L$ last years since it were founded - maybe u dont know - and it is your right not to know - but i did trust them i never lost one cent.

A open petition is not  legally binding - is only a voice ... a wish and - of course - an expectation ...

there's your problem.. SL is not a democracy.. LL owns it, lock,stock, and barrel.. Don't like it.. the door is over there.

I've often remarked over the years that LL oversee the SL community in a manner and with principals that are ruthlessly similar to those with which the Chinese government controls their own population.  So petitions  will mean diddly squat to the Battery Street boys and girls. Although I do have a lot of sympathy for the  sentiments behind the petion. Funny that Anche, a company  with it's home base firmly in the Peoples Republic of China is the only exchange that is still up and running and is also the least transparent of all the exchange operations. Something stinks about this whole LL initiative but I guess it will be months before we ever find out what... if ever.

^L^

It does little good to request LL to make changes, when these laws are imposed upon them. They are not in a position to
oppose the governing bodies of countries. They are a business within a country that must follow rules as we all do. What we need is a company that will stand up to the plate and meet the requirements, and become registered as required. I believe PODEX is doing that now. Others will probably follow.  http://www.podex.info/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.