A beautiful skin..

ImaTest1488314069

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know such a loaded request. Admittedly, I'm not the best person to ask for something like this. I don't usually shop for female anything. Being that I'm not one. I'm helping a friend tho. We've got her a great shape, ok we made it, I'm cheap. So regardless of what skin we get im pretty certain we can make her shape to fit it well.

You ladies, and gents, seem to be very good at finding things. So I'm drafting your minds. I'll list the criteria we're looking for. You list some great stores or skins. Fair deal? I thought so too.

She's looking for a skin that fits this profile

Tan-not overly tan, not spray on tan, just tan. Think perhaps a hispanic/italian mix? I don't know if that's a good way to desribe it, but sounds reasonable in my head. Something tan but not dark. tan. Maybe an olive sort of undertone. Man this is hard to describe.

On the makeup front, less is more. She does not like overly done eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, or really anything. Slightly pink but not bubble gum pink type lips. Slightly red but not cherry red. Does that make sense? Pretty colors but at least slightly muted so they don't across looking like, too much. On the eye shadow front the same thing applies. A sublte sort of makeup look.

On the body hair, eh hem, none, or scant amt. Don't want to go into details there, but you get my drift.

Well defined skin but not overly muscular. She's not a body builder.

She has a chest a bit larger than average I suppose. Does not use mesh or prim breasts. The skin should have at least some defined cleavage but not overly done.

No body oil or shine unless its extremely subtle and realistic looking.

She does not have a huge rear, or hips. She doesn't have a pouty face. Her face is more on the round side. She's about I suppose what one would call average size. Not overly tall, not overly short. I don't know if these matter, I'm throwing them in.

Cost isn't massively important, but it does matter a bit. So, best value for money is always welcome. But we're not looking for a freebie or anything unless of course it's awesome. I've seen some awesome that's for sure.

Sorry that was long. I'm really just looking for ideas so we can gather up some demos and stuff for her. I'm getting a tad lost just wandering to and fro.

Thanks

Check out Body co. inworld and find their latest product or store extension (they call it THE SHOP) they are trying to innovate  skin shopping in sl and you might find what you and your friend looking for since THE SHOP's idea is to customize your own skin in real time by choosing details and parts of the skin to mix and match.

http://theshopsinsl.com/

Any of the skin shops mentioned have lovely skins.  I suggest that she load up on demos. They usually cost nothing and she can try them on at her leisure.  Check out the details using a windlight like Nam's Optimal Skin 1 or 2.  She can try them on at home naked so she can examine everything.  Curio was having a sale recently on their skins but that might have already ended.  Anyway, grab demos!

We are definitely going the demo route first. Always.

So far I think she's loaded up on about 40 different demos. Has a couple favorites, but finding something specific is a bit of a challenge. Any search we do gets us pretty vague results. Search being what it is, both inworld and on marketplace. Hopping all over the grid, while fun, can be tiresome.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. They're all landmarked and on the list to visit.

You've gotten some great suggestions already. Another one is the new LAQ Essentials line. It's a very interesting concept; I believe they have a notecard which explains it fairly well. Make-up is sold separately so she can choose only what she wants.

For myself, I'm a Pink Fuel fan, so I definitely add a second vote for them! They include multiple eyeshadow options with their skins, including a "pure" no make-up option, plus a pack of lip make-up tattoos; and they sell cleavage enhancers and dehancers, increased and decreased muscle tattoo layers...Lots and lots of options.

I second grabbing a bunch of demos, then teleporting home or to a quiet, nudity-allowed sim so she can strip down and try them all on with low-lag and few pervs. ;)

Apple May has some nice skins. They have some tanned ones and ones with different makeup options too. I know they have some that are more muted or natural looking.

At least they did the last time I was there, lol.

Gonna throw Glam Affair out there again. They are similarly priced to most of those mentioned above, but right now if you go to the Collabor88 Event, you can pick up a demo for their amazing skin "Margot". It is offered in two different tones atm, Europa and India. Basically you'd be getting one of the best skins in SL for 288L instead of their regular price of, I believe, 999L. Also, if that doesn't suit her fancy, Essences has 3 skins available at The Dressing Room Fusion. I think they are on the pale side though. Otherwise, if you want a skin that is on the tan side (not too tan) but none of the above seem to look good, I would check out Vive9. All of their darker skins are great tones, not orange, not yellow, just tan. Good luck!

/shameless self-advertising

Oddly enough a new skin I am working on fits pretty much every one of those standards, only one being that she has a small bit of pubic hair but I can remove that if needed.

The skin's not out yet but as soon as I fix a major problem I'm having with my avatar I can make a demo and send it over if you'd like. Here is a "coming soon" pic of the skin. http://www.flickr.com/photos/36826159@N05/8736648087/ Once release it'll be $L1000, which will come with two or three eyebrow options, an eyeliner pack, lip gloss layer, and two to three different cleavage options. I'll also have tango appliers sold separately if I can ever get them to look right (just bought the damn things today to work on that, never used them before), but you said she doesn't use them so it's not an issue right now lol. 

/I wonder why such a harsh reply to Hush skins and the creator from a simple suggestion to a question of the OP's post.but each to their own and the forums should not be the place to defame or suggest medieval death to named avatars or the products they make IMHO .

alician Jecies wrote:

/I wonder why such a harsh reply to Hush skins and the creator from a simple suggestion to a question of the OP's post.but each to their own and the forums should not be the place to defame or suggest medieval death to named avatars or the products they make IMHO .

Very true, there are Forum Guidelines to be observed. However, some searches with Google should explain the sentiments expressed.

A bit late to reply, but I suggest a nude skin with cosmetic tattoo layers from MOCK. These are a bit more expensive than other makeups, but very subtle. The lipshines are so good, they are semi-transparent and gives just the hint of color without the painted on thick look some have. Even if I have lots and lots of makeup layers, I return to the lipstains and lipshines I have from MOCK. There are some free testers on the Marketplace, try them.

For really good offers, check www.seraphimsl.com. It is daily, weekly and monthly sales, and also hunts covered. Last week, it was a Belleza skin for only 50L. A steal if you ask me. That was Friday 10th may and only that day, so check often for sales.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.