2 question 4 the price of 1

EnaudRecneps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Once again I'm here with a head scratcher from an old man....

I have purchased many things here in 2L and quite a few of them come with HUDs...my problem is that I can't see worth a darn...I have quite a few things that I don't use because the HUD is so darn small...

Is there a way to resize your average HUD so that it is readable.....?   I would really like to use some of the items, but with little tiny itty bitty HUDs  aint no way at all......:matte-motes-sour:  

Actually have 2 more questions....my subject line lied....

I have trouble late at (my) night.....triing to TP about 2 of every 3 TPs I will arrive where I want to, and then will almost instantly be  TPd somewhere else....I hit the cancel button, and it stops the TP but it sure is annoying.  Any solutions or maybe just a why this happens?

And last but maybe not least...is there a tool or maybe super tool that will let me combine HUDs so I don't have a gazillion huds on my screan all at once?   I mean if I could read them they'd be on my screen....

Anyway, that might be all for now...thanks in advance and hope to hear something from someone somehow....sooner and or later..

Duane

4 answers to this question

Well, let's see....

1.  It all depends on the HUD and what permissions you have.  If you have MOD permissions on the HUD, you're in luck.  Just treat it like any other object.  Select it with your EDIT tool and then yank on the stretch handles to resize it.  If you don;t have MOD perms, though, you;re out of luck.

2.  That IS annoying.  It happens every once in a while to most people but not often enough to be noteworthy.  If you have been using wireless, don't.  You can get some funny echos that confuse the servers.  Teleporting is tricky business because you are moving your av and all its relevant files from one server to another.  Anything that fouls up communication during that transfer can ruin your teleport.  Try rebooting your router too.

3. No.  If you combine HUDs, you can break the scripts that are in them so that they don't know which one you are touching.  The best strategy is to have only the HUDs you really need at the moment on screen.  Detach any others.  You can keep them all in a nice handy folder in inventory so they are easy to get at when you need them.  I have three utility HUDs on my screen much of the time and that's it. 

• Like 1

To add to Rolig's great answer...

If you are editing a HUD to change its size, be sure that "stretch textures" is checked in the Edit window, Object tab.  This should keep the text and so on properly aligned on the buttons.

If you are not comfortable with using the Edit tools, make a backup copy of the HUD before doing any surgery.

• Like 1

There are HUDs that have dance chims, AOs, building tools, flight assist, radar, posing, rezzers, all sorts of things in them and most (even those around seemingly forever) are very low lag nowaday. With one of these multi use HUDs, one is all you need for most activities. MultiTool, Mystitool, Doohickey, and emDash are the ones that come to my mind, though there are plenty more out there, this is just off the top of my head. The last two on the list having the largest, easiest to read interfaces before resizing them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.