how do I lower my script count?

leeroy6999

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

1. Take off highly scripted items, such as multitools, combat HUDs, and shoes and jewelry with lots of color change features
  2. Look for clothing attachments and hair that has resizing menus.  Make a safety copy, then use the menu option to Delete the resizing scripts in your everyday copy.
  3. Take off your AO and use a viewer with a built-in AO, like Firestorm
  4. Remove flight assist devices.  They are no longer needed, since unassisted flight is now possible up to 5000m.
  • Like 2

I guess you ask because you got a message that you wear to many scripts? Check you avatar attachments. Do your clothes and shoes contain resizescripts? Or your hair? Do you use other scripted objects like collars or weapons? Those are things you can change. Make a copy, if you are able to, and delete the resizescripts.

You can also decide to wear less scripted objects in places which have a very strict eye on everybodys scriptcount.

• Like 2

Well, if you wanted to do that, the best way would be to remove some of the scripts you are wearing.

Seriously, what's the question?  These days, there's no reason to wear hair with 100 scripts in it or shoes that have four scripts in each shoe.  You don't need to have 10 HUDs on your screen.  Your jewelry doesn't need to have a separate bling script in each fake diamond.  If you're wearing all that stuff, detach it.  Find versions without all those scripts.

Now, I know the reason you're asking.  Some misguided land owners still have script counters because they are under the impression that your scripts are causing lag.  They aren't, but you can't do anything to convice the landowner, so just get rid of the unnecessary scripted things.

• Like 2

I think LepreKhaun answered your second question. To be explicit, yes you can see a count of the scripts your avatar is wearing and the amount of memory needed for those scripts. 

As LepreKhaun said you can get a script counter from the market place for free. I have one beside my pose stand in SL that looks like a bathroom weight scale.

Some viewers have an option to count scripts in the right-click menu of the avatar.

There are a number of places that have script counters set out. They show the script counts and memory being used by avatars in the region.

The script library has a script for removing scripts you don't need. It is useful for those items that do not have a script deletion feature.

See thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Scripting-Library/Script-Remover-for-linksets/td-p/220454

See LSL Library: Remove all scripts from a linkset

Hair, shoes and jewelry are often huge script hogs. Once you have the hair or jewelry adjusted to your avatar, you don't need the scripts. Newer and better hair tend to have the feature to remove the scripts. The basic plan is adjust the item until it suits you. Then make a copy of the item and remove the scriopts from the copy. You then have a scripted and de-scripted copies. 

You can use the above referenced scripts for items that lack the removal feature. Whatever the case, the items must be MOD-OK ...OR have the feature built in. So, Copy-Mod OK is important. Generally if it is not copy AND mod ok and I can't find whether it has a script removal feature, I don't buy it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.