Skin Template...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HEAD.jpg

This is my first attempt of a skin template... and I uploaded this template in world and I got a result that doesn't really look close to what I'm looking for...

Snapshot_001.png

I only attempted the head template because I watched a turtorial on only that, and thats all I really need to know and the rest is like the same of the others... so just one step is enough, right? heh...

Could someone please explain to me a step I missed or something?? I'm really looking forward to getting use to using gimp and the skin templates...

Thank you .....   CINDY

Looks like you were working from a photo? The problem is that you just used a straight-on photo and a skin template is a flattened "peeled-off" skin, like you were attacked by the creepy guy from Silence of the Lambs. The top oval is the skin on the entire front half of your head flattened out, for instance. It's going to look a lot different from a straight-on face just like a map of the world looks different from a globe.

You should also take a look at Eloh Eliot's skins - she puts her Photoshop files on the Internet and they're free to use. They'll give you a really good look at how the skin is laid out:

https://sites.google.com/site/another/resources

• Like 1

Yes, I've seen the both of use turtorials and yet am I still confused... I went to google to search of 'People' I could use for the template... I guess that's where I messed up, but they only really have the front face of the person when you use google, so I don't have the advantage to use the side burns as this turtorial does.. but thank you guys so much of how far you've gotten me so far, Smiles... I know I may be annoying the forums with questions but asking step by step as I reach that moment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.