Who made this hair please?

Sonja Smedley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And this "someone" is a friend of mine and she got this folder and gave it to me (it is copy anyway)...and today I looked at these hairstyles.Some are crap some look nice like this one I posted...and they are all full perm...I would like to know where it is from so I can go and shop there for more, especially more colors cause brown is not my color:-(

Your friend may have been given the folder by yet another resident. With so many hairstyles in such a variety of quality, I would say it's almost certainly copybotted. On the off chance that it's not, you can try right-clicking the hair and choosing "inspect." It should give you creator name, and you can choose "View creator profile." From there, you should be able to find the creator's shop in his or her picks and teleport there.

If that doesn't work, it's possible that a) the creator is no longer inworld and/or no longer has a shop, or b) the item is copybotted, in which case you should delete the entire folder you recieved because chances are ALL of the items in it are copybotted. I strongly suspect the latter.

I did a quick search on the marketplace and didn't turn up this exact one, but there are several similar. I feel like I may have seen this one before, but I don't remember where, or if I really did or I'm just imagining it!

Thank you.I will inspect the hair later inworld hope to find out more about the creator....My friend who gave me the folder got it from a stranger she told me, and she is also new at SL so she thought it would be ok I guess.

And I can remember when I was new in SL I got a big box with clothes and hair and lots of other stuff from a stranger too...I remember first I was afraid to open it but then I was sooo happy to own so much stuff and now I am glad he gave me cause after that I began to look for clothes and how to buy I did not know how this all worked....I had no clue about copybotted items these early days and I think most of the new residents don´t know.So I will tell her later when I am ingame what´s this hair about.

The happened to me when I first joined. I recieved a number of clothes and hair that were actually legimate, but a stranger gave me a box full of TONS of shoes and hair and clothes and skins that were copybotted. I had no idea for a very long time, until I started buying my own things. I don't have any of that in my inventory anymore, partially because a lot of it is now outdated or low quality and largely because I don't want anything copybotted in my inventory!

if you want similar, I think Magika has something that comes reasonably close in style.

As to copybotted stuff, it's rampant indeed. Was once given a box with over a hundred Redgrave skins, all full perm, not even the names changed.

Months later found that same box in several freebie stores, notified Redgrave about it but 1) never got a reply and 2) weeks later those boxes were still in those stores.
Seems some store owners are rather lax to go after copybotted items, even old ones (maybe in the mistaken that they make free advertising, were I a store owner I'd not want people getting the idea my stuff is outdated that way).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3998 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.