I've been paid for 3 months ahead for this island and now it does NOT exists! I have built it up and

Milen Monaron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been paid for 3 months ahead for this island and now it does NOT exists! I have built it up and now it's gone! This is a great fraud!!! Please , give me back the money!

My inventory is around 7500 plus rent for 3 months - 35 000. I want someone to take the responsibility of what has happened and to bring me back the money immediately!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Candyland/51/44/21

5 answers to this question

Have you tried to contact your land lord about the issue? The Sim shows up, however one cannot tp to it. Might be a SL issue, might be that the owner has set the sim's settings to private.

If you have contacted your land lord, and not received a response, then as unfortunate it is, you're out of luck. This is declared as a resident to resident dispute, that LL will not get involved in as per TOS. There is nothing you can do but to bear the loss.

In the future; rent with reputable landlords and never...never ever pay so far in advance. Pay week by week, or for 2 weeks, but not more, if this happens again you will at least not have lost so much.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but no, your Lindens are lost unless you contact the land lord and they offer you a refund (which they're not obligated to).

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of this. It's one of the risks you take when renting from a private landlord and paying 3 months up front was a considerable risk. Have to say it's not looking good. The island shows offline and 'No valid parcel' appears on trying to teleport. Your only recourse is to keep trying to contact the private region owner.

Linden Lab will not get involved.

Transactions and disputes between Residents

People sometimes seek help with questions such as the following:

• I rented a land parcel from another Resident and they are taking it back from me, even though I paid the fees or rent.
  • Another Resident is not upholding their agreement regarding real estate, group management, performance of services, or division of revenue.
  • I paid for something, but didn't receive it as promised.
  • I provided something, but the buyer didn't pay for it as promised.

However, Linden Lab cannot verify, enforce, certify, examine, uphold, or adjudicate any oath, contract, deal, bargain, or agreement made by the Residents of Second Life.  Nor does Linden Lab enforce or uphold rental agreements between Residents.  While you may have a valid agreement with another person, Linden Lab is not a party to and cannot resolve your dispute.   Please contact the Resident involved and resolve the issue with them. 

While your money may be lost, your objects may be recoverable.  If the region has been deleted by LL for non-payment by the estate owner, you can file a Support Case and ask them to put it back on line long enough for you to go and take back your stuff.

Milen Monaron wrote:

...I want someone to take the responsibility of what has happened and to bring me back the money immediately!

Sad to say, but in Second Life you are responsible for your own actions.  I'm sorry this has happened to you, but whenever you rent land from another resident, you should never pay for more than a month at a time, and you should research the owner before you buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.