Stop head movement from DAZ Studio animations

Adrea McKay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm making a series of sitting animations for my living room, using DAZStudio.  As most of you know, the default SL animation causes the avatar to look wherever the cursor is pointing.  Some people dislike this, but I would actually PREFER if the heads swiveled to face where the sitter is looking.  I find it more natural and immersive.

I formerly used Avimator/QAvimator.  In that application, leaving a joint at the default ("zero") position throughout the animation would cause that joint to function according to SL defaults.  In the case of the head, this would allow the avatar to look round, following the cursor.  I've seen tutorials that say the same is true of DAZ 3D, but upon importing the animation, I'm finding that's not the case.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, basically you don't use the Compatible with Secondlife feature. This feature adds your T frame, or first frame. As long as you are using the SL Avatar in Daz, it will export the right bvh file, so you don't have to check the Compatibility checkbox.

• Like 1

Perfect!  Thanks so much for the help!  I had looked all over for this info, to no avail.

Oddly, most of the tutorials for animating in DAZ advise to "make sure this box is checked," without explaining why; so I presumed it was a matter of compatibility between apps.  One would think that they would mention it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.