Streaming Music, Listeners and System Specs Question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had a quick question if anyone is available to help!

I currently dusted off my DJ stuff from almost 2+ years ago and rented a stream for 10 listeners to demo and test before I try anything major. It works fine with 3+ people on it and I dont lag or anything. My major concern is taking up a job streaming for 20-30 people tops at clubs.

I'm currently using an i3 2.40ghz/8gb ddr3/intel HD4000 Laptop

While streaming my network runs at 6.44-8.00Mbps down and 0.25-0.35Mbps(256Kbps) up, I read you only need at least 128Kbps to stream properly. I dont experience any lag atm.

--Speedtest with my room mate playing WoW on the wireless in another room. I use PoE to my room.

Is there anyway I can stress test the stream on max?

Worst case if people see it fit I can bootcamp my iMac and port everything over. Its running an i5 3.5ghz/12gb ddr3/4650 HD ATI

-Gen

Hello, if you can stream up to the server without any lag then it doesn´t matter how many listen to, that is the servers job not your PC´s or your connection.

If you stream with 128 kbps then your upload rate should be a little bit higher because PC´s tend to do some other stuff on the network too.

Best advice for DJing run a dedicated machine only used for DJing nothing else same time.

Monti

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.