Sign in to follow this  
RiiCassidy

Keep getting logged out , whats going on?

So this isn't really a problem with logging in, my internet is good and it logs me in good. Its the problem that it keeps logging me out. Everytime I'm close to getting in world it says ''Darn, you've been logged out'' Or something of the such. Not even 1 second of play time, and boom there it goes. I was just in world before it started doing this non stop. And it says I have -1 lindens ? when i have wayyyyy more. Is someone hacking me ? I'm just lost on whats happening. 

I did try different regions that was about the 1st thing i did, then i changed my password, just in case.

I logged into the official viewer which i forgot to do before making this, it seems to be a problem fixer, anyway im logged in, but when i was logged in it was something weird attatched to me, not sure what it was.

RiiCassidy wrote:

I did try different regions that was about the 1st thing i did, then i changed my password, just in case.

I logged into the official viewer which i forgot to do before making this, it seems to be a problem fixer, anyway im logged in, but when i was logged in it was something weird attatched to me, not sure what it was.

You were trying to log in with Firestorm before, yes? What you're seeing is probably the Firestorm "bridge" - it's actually created by copying a rock from the Library and then loading scripts into it. There are times when you'll see yourself wearing a rock when you're using a different viewer after using Firestorm.

It was actually from Catznip but the last time i used the secondlife viewer I used to run firestorm and still have the bridge in my inventory so that could be it. Interesting. Thank you !

When asking a tech related question add the info from the viewer's Help->About... That gives us versions and other info that can narrow our answers to a specific problem.

There is a viewer glitch. Open you viewer log right after a crash and look at the end of the log to see what happened. The Crash Log is never much use to me, its for the Lindens. But, the log has stuff I can make sense of.

You'll find the log in:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[Win_login_id]\Application Data\SecondLife\logs 

Vista/Win7-8: C:\Users\[Win_login_id]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs

There is a problem with how the viewer is handling some images. For whatever reason it is telling the system an image has the dimensions 0x0x1px, which is not going to work. Shortly after trying to deal with such a system my viewer crashes. 

I have not been able to prove it is or is not cache corruption. My thinking is it is not because I've tried clearing the cache and it seems to make no difference, but it is not very consistent. I think it is something in how the Interest List and the cache are working... or not working. Or... it could be something in the SSA code... But, if you don't look at the 0x0x1px image, you don't crash...

Spin 360 in the problem region or turn your draw distance up in a problem region and then you are doing good to last 10 minutes. In other regions I can stay on all day.

8 minutes ago, clairebear213 said:

i keep logging off

You are replying on a 5 year old thread.  You should start your own thread clearly stating your issues.  I keep logging off just means stop logging off then to me.  If you mean your viewer gets disconnected then please start a thread in the correct place and include all details about what is going wrong, including the viewer you use 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo
  • Like 1