You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LOL HAHAHAHA

OP, same thing happened to me a year ago, now we are looking at going RL together, your rage is funny and ridiculous, live a little, this is SL, what ya got to lose?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martina

you have now been told several times from several experienced Second Life Residents, that it is not possible to make you a slave or to trick you into becoming a slave in Second Life. The guy you are ranting about knows this too, simply because he can not do it.

Hence forth, you are accusing him to intend something, that is simply not possible. You are wrong  and he is inocent in this matter. The only thing I could imagine is that he might have had in mind TALKING you into trying a Gorean style D/s relationship.

On top of that: In Gorean lifestyle and Gorean roleplay there is only one thing that constitudes property of a slave:

The collar! No collar no property!

I just wrote something about Gorean role play in Second Life:
http://carolinestravels.com/2013/05/12/gorean-roleplay-in-second-life/

This might help you understand, that its just "make believe", a game, role play, or at most a simulation of a Gorean style relationship..

A bracelet is just that: a bracelet.

Maybe he gave you that bracelet thing, to test the water? To see how you react to it? Your reaction could have been talking openly to him about it, and making sure he understands that it is not your thing. Even if he was to insist: he can not force you by any means.

Your reaction is not very mature, to say the least.

Carol

I couldn't help but giggle a little when I read your OP. Yeah I get that you are angry at your friend. And I think you should talk about it and if indeed that was his intent then talk about friendship and integrity in it. HOWEVER, whether it really was that kind of object or not aside, lets say it was. Wearing it alone wouldn't have been enough for him to be able to manipulate your av. You don't have rlv enabled on your viewer I'm presuming? So really the worse would likely have been wearing the outward sign. And I appreciate not wanting to be taken for a slave and all (I don't do collars and owning) in a way what he sounds like is just that he *wants* you. Kinda typical. So perhaps HIS lack of self confidence (cuz he didn't have enough to tell you whatever the situation is) and YOUR assumptive indignation are both best served with talking. If you don't like the talk THEN block /unfriend him.

Yeah if I were you I would be enraged alright.  I was given a friendship bracelet by a (supposed) friend when I was a young n00b and THIS is what happened when I wore it:

Kania 12 May 2013_001jpeg.jpg

Of course, this friend and I are still friends now over six years later and I *still* have this friendship bracelet only I haul it out just for special occasions (as is your OP).  Ya know, you can always remove something someone give you to wear.  You did know that, right? LOL

P.S. Sound effects are included in the bracelet.  Mooooooo!

I am sure you and your friend are quite a match to each other. But be careful with what you put on your avatar, there are some items in SL that are known to control your mind in RL. 

I have a feeling your other "girlfriends" are nitwits and are screwing with you because you're clearly an easy target. I'm also willing to bet they're having a laugh at your expense, and you can't even see it.

Sometimes a bracelet is just a bracelet. Sometimes it's not. It may be a prank on his part, which would make sense that he's not telling you exactly what it is. There are lots of those things out there. If you two are indeed friends, I could see someone doing that. I have a laugh with friends like that from time to time myself. There is no ill will or harm intended, on either part.

Unless you have RLV on, he cannot "put something" on you. It's not possible. Again, your friend is a nitwit if she told you he can, and intended to.

You are overreacting and to be honest I am guessing the guy should be happy you've blocked him. He narrowly escaped something treacherous.

Hopefully this gentleman, which I will call him as your post gives absolutely no evidence to the contrary, will find a friend that is actually a friend. You, young lady, are far from what I would consider a friend, in any form.

You're the kind of girl my mama warned me about.....and not the good kind.

Storm Clarence wrote:

If you are ever given a cigar as a gift and you do not like what it reprsents please pass it along to me.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  

Considering their level of paranoia, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the OP was smoking something considerably stronger than just a cigar.

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

If you are ever given a cigar as a gift and you do not like what it reprsents please pass it along to me.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.  

Considering their level of paranoia, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the OP was smoking something considerably stronger than just a cigar.

...Dres

I would think if it were stronger she would be more relaxed :P

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

...Dres

I would think if it were stronger she would be more relaxed
:P

She would stress out sloth by every indication.. *shrugs not my problem

Take the braclet see what it does then decide. No script will make you a slave or kajira unless its something you want. It could be a gag braclet that makes you screw a teddy bear. it could be a simple bracelet with both your names on it. It could even be a slave collar. But the collar wont make you a slave. Lots of non slaves wear them for fashion.

And I REPEAT!!!!

No Script will make you an unwilling slave.  So why all the drama?

Well, while I agree that no one can be forced into slavery in SL, it is still many who try to spy on others. 

Remeber that Gor is "make-believe". They type out that the oh-so-powerful Master collars the helpless female and makes her his slave. What happens is that she accepts his collar, she wears it and adds him as Masterto it. So the slave has all control. Some uses viewers that lock the collar, or scripts the collar so it can't be taken off. If a slave feels the play isn't funny anymore, she simply switch to the official viewer, take off the collar or other scripted slave items and deletes it. Or even keeps it to use with other owners - just removes the first Master. 

No one should be afraid to try out a walk on the wild side, as long as you keep real life information out of it, it's perfectly safe.

That slaves is valuable is a funny thing. Make a male alt, fit him up handsomly and teleport to a Gorean sim, pretend that you are a mercenary or warrior looking for a new home. You will have slaves throwing themself at your feet, and a few free women to I dare say. Female avatars outnumber males in 9 of 10 sims. It is many more who want to try out slavery than it's Masters/Mistresses. There are roleplay auctions where people play roleplay bids, that's true. The few stories I have heard about money actually beeing paid, has been wildly exaggerated.

While that beeing said, a challenge is more tempting than willing slaves. Talking someone new to roleplay or BDSM into submitting will probably be more fun. And there is the aspect of pride. If a guy is used to females falling for him in 1-2 dates, he will maybe start to think that you have other lovers in SL. That's the only way you can be able to resist him?

A gift can be scripted to spy on the wearer. It is not a wild fiction. Here is a description from a Marketplace ad:

Are you wondering who your friend, enemy, or loved one sees when you're not around? Or where they go when you're out of world? Do you think your loved one is cheating but you don't have proof?

Well, we know there's no price for peace of mind.

Monitor who your friend or lover interacts with and where using the xxx.

The xxx is embedded into a beautiful jewelry item that will have them going WOW!!!!

AFTER SETTING UP THE DEVICE, give it to someone as a gift.

NOTE: DO NOT GIFT THIS DIRECTLY TO YOUR PERSON OF INTEREST. YOU WILL NEED TO CONFIGURE THE ITEM FIRST.

It will send you information on:

(1) when they rez and where

(2) who is around them at any time and the exact time and date that person enters and leaves the sensor range.

(3) an SLURL that you can click to TP to that location!

So a gift from someone who's been trying hard to win you can be sneaky stuff. At least if he start to sound like he knows what you have been doing without you telling him.

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

Friendship bracelet????

Well I didn't take it from him and told him I could deal with the creeps just fine, but I kept wondering what that bracelet could really be, and why he would not tell me what it does, and why he's being so cryptic about it. After talking to a couple of my girlfriends in SL who are quite experienced I found out what it really is, it's a
kajira
bracelet, and
that scumbag wanted to make me his PROPERTY!!!!

A girlfiend told me about kajira and I looked it up, finding that a man can hide that in anything, clothes, a collar, jewelrey, or a bracelet, and that's what he did, then tried to trick me into taking it and becoming his slave! I'll
KILL HIM!!!!

First of all - if the guy did try to give you some scripted item and thought he would "own" you if you put it on - he is an idiot.

All things in sl are consensual - so he should know that giving you some item means nothing.

I do believe, however, that you are massively overreacting. Most likely - that bracelet was just some cheesy  friendship bracelet and nothing else.

Even if it was a scripted bdsm item - you could have looked at it before wearing it - seeing the scripts and so on. Then it would still have been YOUR choice and YOUR choice alone to wear it or not.

Even if you did wear it - it would have been YOUR choice alone to take it off again.

No owns anyone in sl - unless it is two consenting adults agreeing to induldge in that fantasy. If you are not into that fantasy - do not engage in those kinds of exchanges.

So, you can calm down - no one can make you his or her property. Such things are always  done consesually and both sides want it. Most of Gor is actually pure role play and people never take the role of slave or owner out of character.

If it does cross OOC lines - it is always consenting adults who want to do that kind of thing.

• 2 weeks later...

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

**KAJIRA** mainstore: slave, kajira,GOR, gorean, silk, camisk "....Kajira can be placed in any form of clothing, or no clothing whatsoever, that the Master desires them to be ...

He called it a "friendship bracelet" and would not tell me what it did or really was, said it would keep the creeps away from me. Yeah, right, by marking me as his property!

What a sneaky move! And he lied to me about it! He tried to get me to take this and wouldn't tell me what it really was!

he is a pig, forget about him.. now here is a lovely friendship necklace   for you from me ; )))))

Listen, if you already know, why are you dramatising here?

Tarina Sewell wrote:

who is the dood with the chain who isnt your master?

im kidding.. ; )

Welllllll,,, sometimes chains can be fun :smileysurprised: :smileytongue: but being told what to do makes me a tad cranky, which isn't fun for anyone :smileyvery-happy:

• 3 weeks later...

So what if he just thought it looked nice ? If I liked a bracelet for a lady friend, I wouldn't care what role play community it was from as long as it looked nice and was well made. It's like magic, it's only real if you believe in the practice. I'd don't believe in Gor practice so it's just a bracelet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.