Sign in to follow this  
MartinaVaslovik

A very sneaky move by a friend

So I've been friends with this guy I met at the beach for a while now, it's been platonic, but I've been aware he's interested and wants more. He's been very smooth about it, and told me how many women he's turned down and how picky he is. He's been generous with compliments, and we have spent quite a bit of time together, until today.

Yesterday he told my friend sitting with us that he's very attached to me, but I'm a tough nut to crack. Right after that he tells me he wants to give me something but is afraid it might scare me off. He would not say what it was then, but today he said it was a "friendship bracelet" that would help keep the creeps away from me. Huh???

Friendship bracelet????

Well I didn't take it from him and told him I could deal with the creeps just fine, but I kept wondering what that bracelet could really be, and why he would not tell me what it does, and why he's being so cryptic about it. After talking to a couple of my girlfriends in SL who are quite experienced I found out what it really is, it's a kajira bracelet, and that scumbag wanted to make me his PROPERTY!!!!

A girlfiend told me about kajira and I looked it up, finding that a man can hide that in anything, clothes, a collar, jewelrey, or a bracelet, and that's what he did, then tried to trick me into taking it and becoming his slave! I'll KILL HIM!!!!

He went about it in a very sneaky and dishonest way too! He's been cultivating me all this time with that in mind, and there is NOTHING he could have done that could have been more intensely offensive to me than this! I thought he was a good friend, spent a lot of time with him and all the while he was plotting this sneaky underhanded move! How could he possibly think I would lower myself in such a disgusting and self-abasing way? That's positively Islamic!!!!

I own myself and I AM NO ONE'S PROPERTY!!!! I CANNOT EXPRESS MY RAGE AT THIS MAN!!!!

He knew I was not the kind who would ever consent to be a slave and owned as property, and he tried to trick me into it! Oh I'm going to tear him to pieces before I unfriend him and block him!!!!

And what if it is just a nice, lovely, actual bracelet and your friends were all wrong in their assumptions? Now that would be sad. But maybe not for him though.

While I'm not particularly an authority on matters Gorean, I've plenty of friends who are kajirae and I've got shops on Gor sims.   I've never heard of there being a distinctive bracelet worn by kajirae.   What does it look like, and how did your friends recognise it as being one?

**KAJIRA** mainstore: slave, kajira,GOR, gorean, silk, camisk "....Kajira can be placed in any form of clothing, or no clothing whatsoever, that the Master desires them to be ...

He called it a "friendship bracelet" and would not tell me what it did or really was, said it would keep the creeps away from me. Yeah, right, by marking me as his property!

What a sneaky move! And he lied to me about it! He tried to get me to take this and wouldn't tell me what it really was!

Yeah, but other than that it's sold by a store called Kajira, what connection does it have with Gor in general or kajirae in particular?   

Unless maybe it's got a lock on it, and bells, I can't imagine any item used in Gor rp that I would associate with a term like "kajira bracelet".   It's not like a collar or something.

What is there about it that would prevent a Gor Freewoman from wearing it?  I ask because I don't know.

ETA -- I am a bit confused.   I have had a look round the *KAJIRA* mainstore, and can't find any jewellery there at all.   Did you mean this bracelet came from there or were you using the store's description as a definition of what a Kajira is?

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

So I've been friends with this guy I met at the beach for a while now, it's been platonic, but I've been aware he's interested and wants more. He's been very smooth about it, and told me how many women he's turned down and how picky he is. He's been generous with compliments, and we have spent quite a bit of time together, until today.

Yesterday he told my friend sitting with us that he's very attached to me, but I'm a tough nut to crack. Right after that he tells me he wants to give me something but is afraid it might scare me off. He would not say what it was then, but today he said it was a "friendship bracelet" that would help keep the creeps away from me. Huh???

Friendship bracelet????

Well I didn't take it from him and told him I could deal with the creeps just fine, but I kept wondering what that bracelet could really be, and why he would not tell me what it does, and why he's being so cryptic about it. After talking to a couple of my girlfriends in SL who are quite experienced I found out what it really is, it's a
kajira
bracelet, and
that scumbag wanted to make me his PROPERTY!!!!

A girlfiend told me about kajira and I looked it up, finding that a man can hide that in anything, clothes, a collar, jewelrey, or a bracelet, and that's what he did, then tried to trick me into taking it and becoming his slave! I'll
KILL HIM!!!!

He went about it in a very sneaky and dishonest way too! He's been cultivating me all this time with that in mind, and there is NOTHING he could have done that could have been more intensely offensive to me than this! I thought he was a good friend, spent a lot of time with him and all the while he was plotting this sneaky underhanded move! How could he possibly think I would lower myself in such a disgusting and self-abasing way? That's positively Islamic!!!!

I own myself and I AM NO ONE'S PROPERTY!!!! I CANNOT EXPRESS MY RAGE AT THIS MAN!!!!

He knew I was not the kind who would ever consent to be a slave and owned as property, and he tried to trick me into it! Oh I'm going to tear him to pieces before I unfriend him and block him!!!!

I agree that he is scum if he indeed was doing was doing this however Its not just islamic woman who are submissive. You say it as if its degrading. Not sure if that was your intention to do so but some woman are are quite happy being a slave. And believe it or not they are equal. He can not have power over her if she doesnt allow it. All depends really on what the relationship is. 

I would be very upset it someone did that to me though. Thats just low.

You know, if it was just the kajira bracelet thing, I'd suggest caution in getting all bonkers on him... I'm not very conversant on that stuff, but I think it's not necessarily as bad as you seem to believe.

But...

MartinaVaslovik wrote: [...] 
told me how many women he's turned down and how picky he is. He's been generous with compliments
 [...]

... that fires up a few red flags, too... so yeah, you're probably right being wary of him.

I've never heard of a kajira bracelet. Typically, collars, brands, tattoos, but distinctive bracelets? There are wrist cuffs, there are bracelets and armbands that go along with kajira silks, but no distinctive bracelets per say.

"finding that a man can hide that in anything, clothes, a collar, jewelrey, or a bracelet, and that's what he did, then tried to trick me into taking it and becoming his slave! I'll KILL HIM!!!

A man can hide what in anything? Some sort of slave script to make you obey him or such? If its slave collar scripts, no, you'd actually have to make him your owner via a menu. If it's spying scripts to keep track of you, the only way to know would be to accept it, rez it, open it and look at the scripts.

No one can accidentally become a slave in SL.

Who knows, maybe it's one of those scripted things that says something goofy in open chat when you tp someplace like I'm so and so's best girl and poofs silly looking hearts.

"He's been cultivating me all this time with that in mind, and there is NOTHING he could have done that could have been more intensely offensive to me than this!"

Do you know this for a fact, did you ask him about it, did he say he wants you as his kajira? Is he even a Gorean? You've known him all this time, is he in any Gorean groups, Gorean RP sims? Gor is a lifestyle in SL, if he was a Gorean master, I'm pretty sure, if you spend that much time with him, you'd know it by now.  

Goreans tend to be heavily into the RP scene, and no one is going to sneak around and trick someone NOT into that scene into becoming his kajira.

BTW, I've known people to partner a friend or become a friend's slave or just wear a wedding ring in SL to keep the creeps at bay. DO you have alot of guys hitting on you?

"He knew I was not the kind who would ever consent to be a slave and owned as property, and he tried to trick me into it! Oh I'm going to tear him to pieces before I unfriend him and block him!!!!"

There really is NO WAY he can make you his slave WITHOUT your consent, scripted jewelry or not. There are some scripted items that can let someone else animate you without your consent, or there were on the market a few months back, but that doesn't mean anyone can enslave you.

Have you talked to HIM about any of this, or have you just ranted at him? If your friends were that expereinced, they should have told you that no one can make you a slave unwillingly, and unless you are using RLV, no one can say, lock a scripted item on you that you yourself can't remove, and with RLV there are work arounds to that.

Lastly, wanting to kill someone, being full of rage over what you think is a role play in a cartoon world? That's rather extreme, we're not talking about RL human trafficking, we're talking about what might be a make believe scenario.

I agree it's sneaky to not just ask you up front if you wanted to play that way, so trying to fool you was insecure and manipulative. People in an equal relationship sometimes do that for their own fun and entertainment. There is nothing wrong with it. I guess for some people it's not really dominance unless they can feel like they are getting something over on you.

As far as the bracelet it'self just familiarize yourself with the scripting enough to know how to get out of it. And you can always just exit SL if something gets too stupid. Usually though it's a matter of turning off RLV scripting and relogging to reset the veiwer.

Have you considered your friends may be playing a trick on you because it's fun to watch you blow up? Reading your comments on the forums, you sound a little like Old Faithful in that regard.

Obviously I don't know the personalities concerned, but I have to say that I've heard of people playing rather mean practical jokes on their friends considerably more frequently than I've heard of "kajira braclets"  (which I'd never heard of until today).

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

That's positively Islamic!!!!

I strongly agree with every word you said, Exept that small sentence. With all due respect, Martina, but although you were right about that sneaky move your friend did to you and what all he put you through, that doesn't mean you should blame a religion for somebody's intentions! :matte-motes-stress:

Wow, so you are basing all of this on the assumptions uninvolved friends made with neither of you actually inspecting said bracelet to see if there were any scripts attached?

Geez. He could have meant it in a total innocent way when he said it'll keep the creeps away. Paranoid much?

I've seen nothing but overreaction on your part about speculations not facts. I'm apalled.

You know that Kajiras are part of a ROLEPLAY and nobody can own anyone in SL for real?

Also why do you not talk to him what your friends told you...instead of rageing in a forum?

I mean its just a bracelet, don't see how its sneaky. Yea it may be sold by a slave/gor store but the purpose of it is to be a friendship bracelet. If I went into a food market and bought my mom a mothers day card, it wouldn't have the same meaning because I bought it from a grocery store ? It's not like he's forcing you to turn RLV on and whipping you with a wooden paddle. And its not like he's even having any say in anything you are obviously just jumping to conclusions.

Yes, well I've read all the replies, and I have to say again he would not tell me about what it was, despite repeated questions. He just said it was a "friendship bracelet" and that bit about it would keep the creeps off me, and when I saw him come online I asked him about it again. He still would not tell me anything about it, but told me to come to his place and he would put it on me.

No, I really don't think so!

He had also told me more than once of all the women he'd turned down and how picky he is. Now I know there are some women in SL who are into that, but he knew me way better than that! We had talked many times on a wide variety of subjects, including that one! He knew! Still he tried to get me to come to his place so he could put it on me without ever telling me what it really was.

I told him I wasn't going to be his kajira, and he just kept up trying get me there ignoring that. I told him he had crossed the line and we were done. I unfriended him and blocked him right then and there.

I can't believe how treacherous and sneaky this guy was!

Oh, and a girlfriend of mine who is into BDSM told me that yes, Gorean masters are very picky about their slaves, and another told me a slave can be worth a lot of money in SL. I am constantly told I have a gorgeous avi and get hit on to no end.

So this was his hidden agenda all along as he pretended to be my friend and such a nice guy. It all adds up now, and considering the things he said to my friends about me and how he wanted me I have no doubt whatsover that's exactly what this sneaky scumbag was really up to!

Based on your new information, it seems like both of you are little too into sl, to a point you treat it like rl. I don't see how he could really put it on you if you didn't have RLV on. And if you two are good friends and he knows you like ''that'' why wouldn't you come to his place ? Maybe, just maybe have you thought he told you it was a friendship bracelet because he knew you would freak out like this if he told you where he bought it. It sounds like you already unfriended him and blocked him, so everything was settled. So why was this made in the first place ?

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

Yes, well I've read all the replies, and I have to say again he would not tell me about what it was, despite repeated questions. He just said it was a "friendship bracelet" and that bit about it would keep the creeps off me, and when I saw him come online I asked him about it again. He still would not tell me anything about it, but told me to come to his place and he would put it on me.

He had also told me more than once of all the women he'd turned down and how picky he is. Now I know there are some women in SL who are into that, but he knew me way better than that! We had talked many times on a wide variety of subjects, including that one! He knew! Still he tried to get me to come to his place so he could put it on me without ever telling me what it really was.

I told him I wasn't going to be his kajira, and he just kept up trying get me there ignoring that. I told him he had crossed the line and we were done. I unfriended him and blocked him right then and there.

Oh, and a girlfriend of mine who is into BDSM told me that yes, Gorean masters are very picky about their slaves, and another told me a slave can be worth a lot of money in SL. I am constantly told I have a gorgeous avi and get hit on to no end.

So this was his hidden agenda all along as he pretended to be my friend and such a nice guy. It all adds up now, and considering the things he said to my friends about me and how he wanted me I have no doubt whatsover that's exactly what this sneaky scumbag was really up to!

90 percent of sl is absolutly stunning and if you ask all of them then 100 percent of sl is stunning. Not to down play your beauty which I am sure you are but just wanted to point that out. You may be right but you seem paranoid. He cant slave you accidently, You have to agree.

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

Oh, and a girlfriend of mine who is into BDSM told me that yes, Gorean masters are very picky about their slaves, and another told me a slave can be worth a lot of money in SL.
I am constantly told I have a gorgeous avi and get hit on to no end.

You must be the first. Loool. Sorry I had to go there because I see beautiful avis all over sl and well .....

eta: Sephina's avi is very beautiful, I think her avi is also unique looking. I am sure she gets hoit on too. I get IM's like crazy when I am doing things with my bf here. I doubt it's a Gorean BDSM thing only.

Have you actually seen the item in question?   Is it the slave paper carrier that Raimi Syaka found in the marketplace?  I've seen lots of those, of course, but never as braclets before -- usually they're worn on the thigh.

The more I think about it, the less likely I think it is that someone would try to make you his kajira that way; it's all role-play, after all, and I don't care how stunning your avatar is -- if you're not playing along, and behaving like his slave, you're not going to be much use to him as a kajira.

TBH, you listen to your friends too much.  Why couldn't the bracelet be something like an unscripted I.D. bracelet with HIS name on it, or even BOTH your names?  Might he not think (erroneously) that this would "keep the creeps away"? 

Secondly -- and this is purely my personal observation --  i've seen Gorean slaves with the most dated looking avies out there; practically prehistoric.   It's as if they've never left their closeted little world  to step inside a store. Or perhaps they're not allowed to?  I can just imagine one saying to the other, "Mesh?  What mesh?!"  

Yes, i'd agree that *some* slaves are extremely attractive but no more so than the rest of us.  So far as i can tell, all who commented in this thread are freaking gorgeous...  I know i am.  *grins*

squashy Beeswing wrote:

TBH, you listen to your friends too much.  Why couldn't the bracelet be something like an unscripted I.D. bracelet with HIS name on it, or even BOTH your names?  Might he not think (erroneously) that this would "keep the creeps away"? 

Secondly -- and this is purely my personal observation --  i've seen Gorean slaves with the most dated looking avies out there; practically prehistoric.   It's as if they've never left their closeted little world  to step inside a store. Or perhaps they're not allowed to?  I can just imagine one saying to the other, "Mesh?  What mesh?!"  

Yes, i'd agree that *some* slaves are extremely attractive but no more so than the rest of us.  So far as i can tell, all who commented in this thread are freaking gorgeous...  I know
i
am.  *grins*

lol Love it!!

Malanya wrote:

MartinaVaslovik wrote:

Oh, and a girlfriend of mine who is into BDSM told me that yes, Gorean masters are very picky about their slaves, and another told me a slave can be worth a lot of money in SL.
I am constantly told I have a gorgeous avi and get hit on to no end.

You must be the first. Loool. Sorry I had to go there because I see beautiful avis all over sl and well .....

eta: Sephina's avi is very beautiful, I think her avi is also unique looking. I am sure she gets hoit on too.
I get IM's like crazy when I am doing things with my bf here. I doubt it's a Gorean BDSM thing only.

I agree I am..lol kidding thank you .. I know you a smexy chicka

You should agree :) I am glad you were able to interpret "hit on" out of my "hoit on" lol

edit bad bad spelling. omg it's late I am going to bed I can't multi task this time of night or SPELL