Will third party banks stop functioning ?

Demon1972

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have no creditcard.

I put money on my Paypalaccount if i need L.

And i use a thirdparty bank to buy L,coz lindenlabs doesnt support purchasing L$

with paypal without a creditcard attached to it.

There are rumours this wil stop,coz every thirdparty bank will be out of business.

True ? or rumours ?

It will basicly make me lose my land and i guess make sl stop for me,

I figure there will be loads of others with same problem

10 answers to this question

you can use your paypal account even without linking a credit card.

the page is so badly done that everyone think its not possible.

open this page :  Register a payment method. then click on "add paypal". on the top of the right side, you ll see the section where its asked to link a credit card, but just above there is another tab " pay with my paypal account" (or use my paypal account, idk my page is in french)

click here and then you'll have to add your mail adress and your paypall account password.

and voila !:smileyhappy:

I'm sorry, but my friend, Trinity, is wrong.  Here is the official word from Linden Lab:

"Often the initial agreement can't be set up due to an unverified PayPal account. To use your PayPal account with Linden Lab, it must be verified and have a credit card on file as a backup funding source.

Linden Lab does not accept e-check (bank account) payments through PayPal because they cannot be processed quickly enough to match the instant delivery of virtual goods and services.  Therefore, we require that you have a credit card on file with PayPal as a backup payment source."

• Like 1

may i have a link for this quote pls ? not that i dont believe it but i have never see it and i keep seing pp in the forum claiming they use a paypal account without credit card linked .(sorry for the doble posting, the page didnt want to post the first one, then it did but after i sent the second one lol

I think there's a basic misunderstanding about what they mean by "linked to a credit card." Linden Lab doesn't need to have you list a card with THEM. You can indicate either a credit card or a PayPal account as your payment source. As that quote says, however, they can't accept a PayPal account as a payment source unless you give PAYPAL a credit card as the backup payment source for their money. The problem is that PayPal doesn't pay Linden Lab (or any vendor) immediately. They take a few days. If they find out then that your bank account is overdrawn, they can't pay LL. Credit card companies are much more comfortable with handing PayPal money than banks are, probably because they will turn around and charge you 20% interest if your CC payment is late. They win either way. So Linden Lab is more likely to get their money if they know that PayPal can eventually squeeze your credit card company. The loophole that seems to be open for some SL residents is in the definition of a "credit card." Unlike Linden Lab, PayPal seems more willing to accept some prepaid cards as backup. If they do, then LL is OK with it. That doesn't make any sense to me, but it's what I understand from some posts here in Answers.

well yes, i understood and the misunderstanding is the best skill of LL.. but really, ive read pp that say they have paypal (not linked to any credit card) registered in SL because these pp cant have CC or doesnt want to have.. this is why ive been surprised to learn that now...it remain a mystery for me.. on top i dont see why pp with CC would need to use paypal (except for cash out) since LL website is secure...So well, you did well to correct me bec really i didnt know.. but then, i understand better the pb for all these pp who can t have a CC and paypal wont solve their pb... the problem looks suddendly to me more serious than i thought it was...

I do have a verified paypal account. It is not attached to a credit card, for I don't even own a credit card.

To verify my paypal account I had to link it to my rl bank account. Then I had to wait a few days, then paypal did send two small amounts to my bank account. Then I had to log in to Paypal again, name the two amounts they had send me, and from that moment on my account was verified, and ACCEPTED by Linden Lab.

same here

i dont have any credit card or paypal

as long i use linden to firstmeta, they never not give me a linden

from them.. already 2 years i use linden in second life

im really trust them when transfer linden to my sl account

they never lie who use them to buy a linden

please help us if Ifyou have a feeling of sympathy for t he 

people who don't have a credit card or paypal,

please pull back confirmation about this scam...

because as long as i use my sl account to linden,

they never deceive any Member who wants to purchase linden from their...not everyone from anywhere is

capable of any  credit card or paypal

We can only use linden lab to transfer linden to our account... 

please trust them and our pity right isi ncapable of work or have a credit card or paypal.

I'm totally frustrated with this all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4000 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.