Stop buying L$ lets hurt LL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I know, the first rule of debating is to debate with actual facts, not blatant lies, so I suggest you follow your own advice.

Werd erwachsen du Witzfigur, alle lachen hier schon ueber dich. Na wenigstens bekommst du's nicht mit wie man merkt.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same two questions I had in the beginning of all of this.

1. Will a business arise within Second Life in which people buy $L for people on their CC and then sell it offline? If so will they get in trouble for that (no I'm not thinking of doing that myself.)

2. Can Linden Lab offer something else for those outside the USA other than existing ways? Or would it then still potentially be helping criminals? In other words maybe it hasn't announced a way for them to use Lindex because...there isn't one and can't be one?

Azazael Heron wrote:

You talk about respect...With youre way of rudenes,,,you never get respect.

You never understood al my arguments ,lett alone read them all.

Did you read also that people have trouble to get PayPal or a cc..that it was a action from LL on a way too short notice so people couldnt get L so quick in here for paying their tier etc ,did ye? did ye?. Nope...only thing you do is crying about that one line....grow up...

Und lachen...pff das mach ich schon. uber dich ja, grad nich mal ne jahr in sl,und weis alles ne,,

Follow your own advice. It is not at all difficult to get a PayPal account, no matter how much you wine and bleat about it.

Had you remained caught up on recent news concerning changes to US laws, you wouldn't be in the situation you're in right now. It is that simple.

Now, if you're actually going to stick to your earlier words and not bother with the forums anymore ..... Why are you still here and responding?

PayPal exists in 193 countries and regions, including the following: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil Canada China Denmark France Germany Hong Kong Israel Italy Japan Mexico Netherlands Norway Poland Portugal Russia Singapore Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey United Kingdom United States - Amd that's not even the entire list.

This is the entire list.

So the excuse some here have used, that they cannot get a PayPal account, is just that - an excuse.

Not one European I've spoken to in SL has any trouble getting Lindens. I don't doubt that there are quite a few who are having trouble with it now, but given that people come to the forums with issues, it is my impression that the number who will not be able to use Lindex or money transfers directly to LL is smaller than the complaints here would indicate.  "Difficult" and "more expensive" is not the same as "impossible."  There are a couple of threads mentioning prepaid cards that actually do work with Lindex, and someone posted information about direct money transfers being accepted by LL.

There is no solution, like it, lump it, or leave ... those are about the only choices. For those who can indeed use Lindex or arrange wire transfers of funds but would rather not for one reason or another, it's a CHOICE they are making.

For those who absolutely cannot use Lindex, I would hope, if they have connections, friends, business associates in SL, that people would help them out until (one would hope) Lindex is updated to accept more forms of payment. Most successful sims do generate some income, and I have known several people who have run into financial trouble and have been helped out by fundraisers to make up the rest of their tier. If people really love going to a sim in danger of closing down, if they can afford it, I think they should donate something to its upkeep.

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

If people really love going to a sim in danger of closing down, if they can afford it, I think they should donate something to its upkeep.

I've never seen a tip jar come even close to approaching the tier amount at the top. I haven't seen fundraisers for tier, only for health issues or real life operations and such. Or for non profit charities.

Not saying it couldn't work or couldn't happen in future but, I don't know that people can afford to donate enough to keep sims afloat. No one saved Lost Gardens of Apollo. If I get tips it's usually in the 10L to 100L range. I didn't expect them and it was always nice, but in no way paid tier. JMO

Melita Magic wrote:

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

If people really love going to a sim in danger of closing down, if they can afford it, I think they should donate something to its upkeep.

I've never seen a tip jar come even close to approaching the tier amount at the top. I haven't seen fundraisers for tier, only for health issues or real life operations and such. Or for non profit charities.

Not saying it couldn't work or couldn't happen in future but, I don't know that people can afford to donate enough to keep sims afloat. No one saved Lost Gardens of Apollo. If I get tips it's usually in the 10L to 100L range. I didn't expect them and it was always nice, but in no way paid tier. JMO

Oh I agree, it doesn't come close, I was thinking more along the lines of people giving more significant amounts to help out people who own sims that generate some income already. If people are that upset about a friend losing a sim or a favorite place poofing, I'd think they would want to help out more than a little donation here or there if they can afford it, or at least try to help rather than saying oh, such a shame, I'll miss you.

Solar Legion wrote:

Follow your own advice. It is not at all difficult to get a PayPal account, no matter how much you wine and bleat about it.

Solar, yes, you are right : its not at all difficult to get a PayPal account.... 

but

what is more difficult in Europe, is to get a credit card

And LL does NOT accept paypal accounts that are not linked to a credit card...

so here is the problem for a lot of pp...

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

Solar, yes, you are right : its not at all difficult to get a PayPal account.... 

but

Not Linden Lab's problem - Their stance is understandable. Payment fails from the primary source (bank account)? No secondary source? They'll have to remove L$ from the account whose payment failed and the accounts of anyone that was paid out from that balance.

A similar incident happened a few years ago when a user who had a massive balance gained from a fraudulent source paid out a large sum of Linden Dollars to Sim owners. Linden Lab had no choice but to temporarily suspend all of the accounts invlolved and recoup the balance, thus severely hurting the Sim owners.

It happens.

Not even a year old? And again he posts blatantly false facts.

11/30/2011
(1 year 5 months; 531 days)

Not to mention that this isn't my only account, but judging someone's experience by a DATE is obviously the way to go and the mature and educated thing to do!

Heed your advise and just quit posting, you're making us europeans look like horrible liars who'll say anything to get our way and to make the evil Linden Labs Business look bad.

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

but

Not Linden Lab's problem - Their stance is understandable. Payment fails from the primary source (bank account)? No secondary source? They'll have to remove L$ from the account whose payment failed 
and
the accounts of anyone that was paid out from 
that
balance.

A similar incident happened a few years ago when a user who had a 
massive
balance gained from a fraudulent source paid out a large sum of Linden Dollars to Sim owners. Linden Lab had no choice but to temporarily suspend all of the accounts invlolved and recoup the balance, thus severely hurting the Sim owners.

It happens.

yes, Solar..

and i m not saying its linden lab's problem.. 

i was just meaning that you cant answer to all the pp who actually cant anymore buy l$ "its not at all difficult to get a paypal account"... paypal account is not the unique requierement.... The unique one is owning a credit card.. and sadly,... noone can say "its not at all difficult to get a credit card"....

But, LL is not the only business that works like this .. i know... And the problem is also on the side of European banks who make so difficult to get a credit card.. like if they get some sadist pleasure when they say no....

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

but

Not Linden Lab's problem - Their stance is understandable. Payment fails from the primary source (bank account)? No secondary source? They'll have to remove L$ from the account whose payment failed 
and
that
balance.

massive
balance gained from a fraudulent source paid out a large sum of Linden Dollars to Sim owners. Linden Lab had no choice but to temporarily suspend all of the accounts invlolved and recoup the balance, thus severely hurting the Sim owners.

It happens.

yes, Solar..

i was just meaning that you cant answer to all the pp who actually cant anymore buy l$ "its not at all difficult to get a paypal account"... paypal account is not the unique requierement.... The unique one is owning a credit card.. and sadly,... noone can say "its not at all difficult to get a credit card"....

But, LL is not the only business that works like this .. i know... And the problem is also on the side of European banks who make so difficult to get a credit card.. like if they get some sadist pleasure when they say no....

I am aware of this and understand the predicament.

However, I am not the most patient or tolerant person out there when it comes to people berating the wrong person or entity for their troubles. People are taking this out on Linden Lab - Linden Lab has nothing at all to do with their local bank. Many compain that they canot get a PayPal account - well that's just been debunked.

As for a Credit Card .... Like I said, it's not Linden Lab's problem. They have their requirements, requirements that really are understandable given the history of fradulent payments and the like. Heck, the incident I mentioned was later pined down to a stolen credit card!

Instead of berating Linden Lab over something that is beyond their control (local bank making it difficult to get a Credit Card), how about these people put tme and energy into getting Linden Lab to add more payment methods - without berating them in the process.

Or! They could contact their bank and see if their ATM card can act as a Credit/Debit card! Gasp! I know mine does - and that's what I used for my own PayPal account!

To be perfectly blunt .... You do not need a pure Credit Card linked to your PayPal or SL accounts. An ATM/Credit/Debit card works just fine, provided it's got online purchases enabled.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

and
that
balance.

massive

It happens.

yes, Solar..

I do understand all troubles and i try to understand even that bad communication of this ToS change ... Maybe it would be better to act against malpractice of lindens in this way.

But i am not agree that this must make such a panic. We dont have a proper communication about that case. After ton's of posts is now clear, that TPE's still can work if they work as registred MSB's like www.podex.info for example.

And as a company with international customers it would be polite, that LL fullfill the need for paying without CC's.

I started now a support ticket for the question why i hv to enter CC' information if i like to set PayPal as payment methode.

Because: it is redundant to offer PayPal if u need to cover it by a Credit Card ...

As long as TPE's cover this need - as long have LindeX this problem ... even if the TPE's are more expensive than TPE's - some Peeps here cant' understand this - but it will be clear if u recognize that no other way exists ...

To all who think LL has a choice in this matter or who believe the conspiracy theories that they did it only for their own ulterior motives, you should look at this article ,and the related links, that gives an explanation from a RL virtual currency legal analyst about why LL did what they did and the penalties they faced if they didn't.

After reading that if you still think LL shut down the TPE's for any reason other than to comply with the law, you have no grasp on reality.

As I have said before, you should put your energy into lobbying LL to expand the methods of payment they accept.

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

but

and
that
balance.

massive

It happens.

yes, Solar..

However, I am not the most patient or tolerant person out there when it comes to people berating the wrong person or entity for their troubles. People are taking this out on Linden Lab - Linden Lab has nothing at all to do with their local bank. Many compain that they canot get a PayPal account - well that's just been debunked.

As for a Credit Card .... Like I said, it's not Linden Lab's problem. They have their requirements, requirements that really are understandable given the history of fradulent payments and the like. Heck, the incident I mentioned was later pined down to a stolen credit card!

Instead of berating Linden Lab over something that is beyond their control (local bank making it difficult to get a Credit Card), how about these people put tme and energy into getting Linden Lab to add more payment methods - 
without
berating them in the process.

Or! They could contact their bank and see if their ATM card can act as a Credit/Debit card! 
Gasp!
I know 
mine
does - and that's what I used for my own PayPal account!

To be perfectly blunt .... You do not need a pure Credit Card linked to your PayPal or SL accounts. An ATM/Credit/Debit card works just fine, provided it's got online purchases enabled.

Idk what is the difference between a credit card or a debit card.. if a debit card is the card you use to make paiment without borrowing money to your bank.. the one you use with your money in your bank account... you have to know that is the usual card we have here in France.. and this one is precisely not easy to get.. bec banks doesnt give it easily.. so that doesnt solve the problem at all...

if credit card are the one you use with borrowing money, then these ones are not easy to get either, but not more.. just same.. and are not the most used here.

idk what is ATM

i agree totally with you on the fact, pp should put their energy in the fact to ask linden to improve lindex and accept more ways of paiments..

but since, im blunt too, i just wanted to say that "its not at all difficult to get a paypal account" or "its not difficult at all to get a credit or debit card" isnt right everywhere... in France its just wrong...

It has been explained numerous times as to why Linden Lab will only take Credit Card backed PayPal accounts and I have personally explained that this requirement does not mean you need a pure Credit Card. If your Bank's ATM card doubles as a Credit/Debit Card  (which it would have to if you're able to use it in online transactions) then you can use that as your "Credit Card"!

It is not as difficult as pepple think.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

To all who think LL has a choice in this matter or who believe the conspiracy theories that they did it only for their own ulterior motives, you should look at
,and the related links, that gives an explanation from a RL virtual currency legal analyst about why LL did what they did and the penalties they faced if they didn't.

After reading that if you still think LL shut down the TPE's for any reason other than to comply with the law, you have no grasp on reality.

As I have said before, you should put your energy into lobbying LL to expand the methods of payment they accept.

well, I think that the problem is not that everyone think that LL had the choice..

i guess that now, some days later, a lot of pp have understood this totally... 

the problem remain now that lindex has no alternative than credit card (or debit card) for paiment (even thru paypal)... and reading between lines in the posts from pp who are still ranting, i think that s the pb..

after all, except for the pp who are ranting about the cashing out delay, for all the other ones, i guess it doesnt make difference to buy to ll or to a TPE. I really think they dont pay no mind to who they are purchasing... the only thing is that they want to be able to buy l$... And today.. lindex is not accepting to sell them any l$. If these pp could be able to purchase their l$, i dont think we would see any of this rants here.

If these pp were using TPE its precisely bec lindex was refusing their money bec they have no card or they have only prepaid card... i dont think they would even known the TPE existence if they could buy their l$ to lindex from the start.

Solar Legion wrote:

It has been explained numerous times as to why Linden Lab will only take Credit Card backed PayPal accounts 
and
I have personally explained that this requirement 
does not
mean you need a pure Credit Card. If your Bank's ATM card doubles as a Credit/Debit Card  (which it would have to if you're able to use it in online transactions) then you can use 
that
as your "Credit Card"!

Solar.. a lot of pp cant have even a simple card here....

and a lot of website do accept paypal not linked to credit card... maybe if so, LL should ask the pp to wait smth like 3 day for delivering the l$ to the resident, that way the paiement will be verified..

i guess that if this is the only way for pp without card to be able to buy l$, only this would make them happy if they are explained why....

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

but

and
that
balance.

massive

It happens.

yes, Solar..

Instead of berating Linden Lab over something that is beyond their control (local bank making it difficult to get a Credit Card), how about these people put tme and energy into getting Linden Lab to add more payment methods - 
without
berating them in the process.

Or! They could contact their bank and see if their ATM card can act as a Credit/Debit card! 
Gasp!
I know 
mine
does - and that's what I used for my own PayPal account!

Idk what is the difference between a credit card or a debit card.. if a debit card is the card you use to make paiment without borrowing money to your bank.. the one you use with your money in your bank account... you have to know that is the usual card we have here in France.. and this one is precisely not easy to get.. bec banks doesnt give it easily.. so that doesnt solve the problem at all...

if credit card are the one you use with borrowing money, then these ones are not easy to get either, but not more.. just same.. and are not the most used here.

idk what is ATM

i agree totally with you on the fact, pp should put their energy in the fact to ask linden to improve lindex and accept more ways of paiments..

but since, im blunt too, i just wanted to say that "its not at all difficult to get a paypal account" or "its not difficult at all to get a credit or debit card" isnt right everywhere... in France its just wrong...

ATM - Automated Teller Machine, a standard for nearly every banking institution out there. Some people call the ATM card a Bank Card but the use is the same.

Most modern Banks allow use of their ATM cards as Account linked Credit/Debit cards, making them able to be used almost everywhere and for almost every transaction, oncluding online transactions. 

The difference between them however is that ATM cards with these functions draw the money directly from your account.

And yes, traditional Debit cards were also cross linked o a bank account. Most POS (Point of Sale) systems today still have different processing for Credit and Debit cards. I know when I go to use my own ATM card at the checkout, I am asked if it's going to be Credit or Debit. For my card, it doesn't matter which one I use - the end result is the same.

The fact that your government and your banking systems make it so difficult to even get one of those is utterly ridiculous. It's linked to your account for crying out loud. The biggest issue would be overdrafting your account!

That said, ask your bank if your ATM card (the card you use to pull money from your bank at an Automated Teller) can also be used for in store and online purchases. If it can, then it's an ATM/DebitCredit type card - No online retailer takes Debit and brick and mortar stores require either Debit or Credit.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Solar Legion wrote:

It has been explained numerous times as to why Linden Lab will only take Credit Card backed PayPal accounts 
and
I have personally explained that this requirement 
does not
mean you need a pure Credit Card. If your Bank's ATM card doubles as a Credit/Debit Card  (which it would have to if you're able to use it in online transactions) then you can use 
that
as your "Credit Card"!

Solar.. a lot of pp cant have even a simple card here....

and a lot of website do accept paypal not linked to credit card... maybe if so, LL should ask the pp to wait smth like 3 day for delivering the l$ to the resident, that way the paiement will be verified..

i guess that if this is the only way for pp without card to be able to buy l$, only this would make them happy if they are explained why....

A bank withholding even something as simple as an ATM card is utterly ridiculous - that isn't even getting into using that self same card as an account linked Debit/Credit card!

The way these things function is to take the money directly from your account. Unless the transaction will overdraft the account, the money is right there, in the account. There is no reason for them to withhold these cards.

But as I said, if you have an ATM card, ask your bank if it can be used for in store (Point of Sale) and Online transactions. If it can, there's the card you link to PayPal.

well Solar.. i dont know where you are living, and i know its hard to believe it, but i can tell you that in France, you cant get a card (whatever this card is) easily..

a lot of pp cant have one.. for all kind of reasons...and often bec banks ask a certain income biger than the average one to get one... not the only reason, but its one that exist here.

another thing you prob doesnt know is that if sm1 for a reason or other, fail on one paiement, and this one cant be fixed within 1 month.. then this person will be punished for 5 years and wont be able to get any card.. no matter if the pb has been fixed since then, and if the budget is pretty well managed... 

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well Solar.. i dont know where you are living, and i know its hard to believe it, but i can tell you that in France, you cant get a card (whatever this card is) easily..

a lot of pp cant have one.. for all kind of reasons...and often bec banks ask a certain income biger than the average one to get one... not the only reason, but its one that exist here.

another thing you prob doesnt know is that if sm1 for a reason or other, fail on one paiement, and this one cant be fixed within 1 month.. then this person will be punished for 5 years and wont be able to get any card.. no matter if the pb has been fixed since then, and if the budget is pretty well managed... 

Any bank that does not at least give you an ATM card does not deserve your business. What you are telling me is utterly ridiculous - Such a system exists simply to prevent most commerce. Simple as that.

I'm sorry Trinity but it's BS. If your country wants to harm commerce, that's on them and something they need to get over.

Solar Legion wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Any bank that does not at least give you an ATM card does not deserve your business. What you are telling me is utterly ridiculous - Such a system exists simply to prevent most commerce. Simple as that.

I'm sorry Trinity but it's BS. If your country wants to harm commerce, that's on them and something they need to get over.

well with you all seems so easy ... but do you think a single poor person have power in front of a big bank ? im sorry but not here, in France..

i forgot to tell you that when you are under the 5 year punishment you are not allowed either to go to another bank.. 

but well. i know.. its hard to believe and understand for someone who doesnt live in France..bec yes, i agree with you this seems really ridiculous, indeed.. but still remains the truth of what is happening in my country.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.