Stop buying L$ lets hurt LL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everybody stop buying and spending L$ in world this is the only way we can wake up Linden Lab and force them in a position to allow 3th party banks like DX Exchange, Virwox and others to continue. Linden Lab is the creator of Second Life, Linden Lab if they continue will also tare it down!

People it is time for action!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, the only people this would hurt are the content creators who rely on both you buying their items, and buying the L$ when they cash out, in order to put food on the table RL. Stop buying L$ and items in-world, and you'll wind up with no more new items to buy - no more new clothes, hair, skins, toys, animations, etc - when we all have to go get real-world jobs to pay the bills!

I do not believe for one minute that Linden Lab would take the steps that they have done because they are intending to hurt us, the residents. 

I do believe that Linden Lab need to make it extremely clear here, on the forums, and on the dashboard for ALL residents (as not everyone calls into these forums), exactly what the options are for those residents who have been affected by their decision to disallow the use of certain Linden dollar exchanges, and also be very clear about the payment methods that their system and country is compatible with in relation to other countries.

If you personally feel that you cannot deal with the situation, you - and others too - can write a strongly-worded letter (but be polite!) to the Linden Lab Head Office at Battery Street, but forming virtual picket lines inworld is unlikely to do anything except get you banned, and I am sure, if you leave, you will want to do so of your own accord.

Undoubtedly Linden Lab will see a massive drop in the economic flow because of the recent change too.  Maybe (maybe) this will spur them onto communicating with the residents via these forums/an announcement on the log in screens, something to give people hope again that they have a future in Second Life.

Hellespont Hoorenbeek wrote:

. Linden Lab is the creator of Second Life, Linden Lab if they continue will also tare it down!

not only creator but also owner ... if they want to take it down, they CAN, not using lindex by some won't keep me awake, nor them

Hellespont Hoorenbeek wrote:

Everybody stop buying and spending L$ in world this is the only way we can wake up Linden Lab and force them in a position to allow 3th party banks like DX Exchange, Virwox and others to continue. Linden Lab is the creator of Second Life, Linden Lab if they continue will also tare it down!

People it is time for action!

it surprises me everytime i see pp who are never expressing any willing to move even one finger for their rights in RL (whatever its workers rights, or fight against discriminations, or anything else or even just solidarity for the ones who are oppressed) and then suddendly find some bravery for standing up in a virtual world...

i must be missing something.... really....

I do business with LL for over 6 years now, I pay them some money each month, they provide me this great platform. This means, I do business with THEM! Not with any 3rd party party. 

Maybe it is time for all those people that do no other then complain and scream about LL to move on. 

(B)EAT IT!

Hermione Lefevre wrote:

Move on? Sure I have to but that means paying 20 $ extra every month for my rent buying from LL ..an increase by 20 %

If prices rise that high for anything in RL ist that your advise also?

This is real money!!!

Can you explain more how you're getting a 20% hit by using the LindeX? Did you get a better foreign currency exchange rate somehow using a third party L$ exchange? If so, are you sure you can't get an even better rate with another FX supplier? I mean, those third party exchanges didn't operate for free; ultimately they had to trade L$s at the LindeX rate on average, and had to broker their foreign currency through some exchange.

Or, with that 20%, I wonder: is this somehow another VAT thing?

first you cant hurt LL  they onley wil hurt us...

second i cant buylindne from  LL for i do not have paypal and i do not want it ...and i am not the onley one

i just wonder why they dont do  IDEAL evry other big games or V.W., and more have Ideal

with ideal you do not need to have paypal or whatever

and what i also do not understand is when Sl started as far i know it was for starting to build get linden and yes you can sell them for real money..why now this change?? in this time of crisis you pick the wrong moment for all of us.

While I do agree this won't do anything and its childish and some rely on secondlife for income. They should already have a job in rl and personally secondlife shouldn't be your main source of income, it can disappear tommorow and they wouldn't get any notice to be honest. I mean I don't really sympathize for them, If you actually make a million dollars off secondlife a year then thats okay. But if you are only making about 15-50 thousand a year, you need to get a side job, to keep up with the REAL economy.

RiiCassidy wrote:

While I do agree this won't do anything and its childish and some rely on secondlife for income. They should already have a job in rl and personally secondlife shouldn't be your main source of income, it can disappear tommorow and they wouldn't get any notice to be honest.
I mean I don't really sympathize for them, If you actually make a million dollars off secondlife a year then thats okay.
But if you are only making about 15-50 thousand a year, you need to get a side job, to keep up with the REAL economy.

NO i disagree with playing the hold out game with LL. As someone pointed out LL is a rl company and as we all know change is necessary even if we don't agree. None of us own or work at LL so how can anyone say what changes need to occor? I agree the way things were told to us could have been done way better, but facts are facts.

@ Rii Many people have a job in rl and are hobbyists in sl, however many people ar restricted to their homes or disabled in some way and sl is a great creative outlet for them as well as make money. I am wondering the dollar figure youthrew out 15 - 50 thousand a year is a huge difference in how people can live. I consider myself very lucky as I don't use sl for income and I am doing well in rl. My heart goes out to people that aren't able to do things as they choose but are forced by things beyond their control. I wish I could help people I see on sl that are here for different reasons but i can't save the world.

How do you set the standards for what people should do in rl as opposed to what they do in sl or why they come here, it's none of your business. BTW just to inform you a bit about rl you can have it all and lose it very easily, I seem to repeat this same thing on manythreads as the entitled people (or for all we know you coul be untruthful) that judge and make the world go round must not know much about the real world economy.

You seem to be more worried about things like thishttp://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Are-secondlife-users-making-you-go-insane/td-p/200243 Enjoy your sl and learn tolerance.

eta spelling

Again a new rule what hurts sim owners.

how we can earn money these days?

since we have masrketplace its real bad to rent out shops.

a city sim like Amsterdam can only earn at rentals.

and we earned a little from DX ATM's

now people cant buy linden at an easy way anymore there will many people leave sl and this hurts the total sl economy again.

i think many sims will dissapear next months.

it hurts residents, simowners, builders , and lindenlab.

Malanya wrote:

RiiCassidy wrote:

While I do agree this won't do anything and its childish and some rely on secondlife for income. They should already have a job in rl and personally secondlife shouldn't be your main source of income, it can disappear tommorow and they wouldn't get any notice to be honest.
I mean I don't really sympathize for them, If you actually make a million dollars off secondlife a year then thats okay.
But if you are only making about 15-50 thousand a year, you need to get a side job, to keep up with the REAL economy.

NO i disagree with playing the hold out game with LL. As someone pointed out LL is a rl company and as we all know change is necessary even if we don't agree. None of us own or work at LL so how can anyone say what changes need to occor? I agree the way things were told to us could have been done way better, but facts are facts.

@ Rii Many people have a job in rl and are hobbyists in sl, however many people ar restricted to their homes or disabled in some way and sl is a great creative outlet for them as well as make money. I am wondering the dollar figure youthrew out 15 - 50 thousand a year is a huge difference in how people can live. I consider myself very lucky as I don't use sl for income and I am doing well in rl. My heart goes out to people that aren't able to do things as they choose but are forced by things beyond their control. I wish I could help people I see on sl that are here for different reasons but i can't save the world.

How do you set the standards for what people should do in rl as opposed to what they do in sl or why they come here, it's none of your business. BTW just to inform you a bit about rl you can have it all and lose it very easily, I seem to repeat this same thing on manythreads as the entitled people (or for all we know you coul be untruthful) that judge and make the world go round must not know much about the real world economy.

You seem to be more worried about things like this

Enjoy your sl and learn tolerance.

eta spelling

where is the kudo button ? 

AmsterdamTeAmo wrote:

Again a new rule what hurts sim owners.

how we can earn money these days?

since we have masrketplace its real bad to rent out shops.

a city sim like Amsterdam can only earn at rentals.

and we earned a little from DX ATM's

now people cant buy linden at an easy way anymore there will many people leave sl and this hurts the total sl economy again.

i think many sims will dissapear next months.

it hurts residents, simowners, builders , and lindenlab.

Maybe within the 30 days LL will have found other ways to accommodate Residents who need more ways to purchase and cash out $L. I don't agree with the shock factor way it was done to announce no more 3rd party exchanges, but I am sure it was done for a reason no matter how much we speculate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.