Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RedKoopa

What's your opinion about tattoos?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Solaria Goldshark wrote:


RedKoopa wrote:

........ and I dated him until I realized he had tattoos. Game over.

Judgmental much?

Hard to believe that a tattoo was the heavy straw that broke the camel's back.

There could have been a great person inside that skin, and now you'll never know.   I'll go easy on you, since you said that you are only 22.  On the up side there is still time for you to forge ahead from this point on in your life to look a little deeper....

....oh, I almost forgot something.   Welcome to earth, land of misfit toys.  Enjoy your stay.

Peace, love and bunnies.

It's personal preference.  For example, I will not date men RL who smoke.  Others may not want to date someone from a particular religion.  All of us have some sort of issue - some more than others, some less than others.

True.  I see your point.

.....then it occurred to me that it may have been a tattoo of Satan, chain smoking as he dropped bombs on cute little bunnies.

That, I suppose, would be a deal breaker for me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:
what that tattoo told the world she was - and definitely not my type.

Edited to add:

I actually think its refreshing that a 22 year old isn't into tattoos, because in my home town the younger generation really seem to favor them, with a sheep-like mentality. Good on the OP for being an individual with their own very strong mind.

 

Agree - I found that refreshing.

I actually agree. Something's are deal breakers. Hers happens to be tats. What I was surprised at is the fact that you can invest a half a year into a relationship with someone and just drop them. Must have been a bad tat or not that good of a relationship. I would hope no one is that shallow however even if she was its her life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think my husband wears them so well..

so far he has his left side of his chest covered that goes half way down his upper arm..

then over his shoulder to the top of his other arm and shoulder with  a ring all the way around just below his neck..then on the outside  of his forearms he has two more that cover the outlines of his outer part of his forearm..

if you know of samoan's..tattoos are very important part of them and thier heritage ..men and women..

and omg does he look so good in them =)

i like to trace them with my finger when we are  just laying there watching a show or just relaxing..

i do it without really knowing i am doing it a lot of times..

 the patterns gets real bumpy and they just feel neat when they raise up. hehehehe

 

it doesn't make sense to me when i see people that are not somoan with those tattoo's..unless maybe they are married to them..

kind of like seeing people that are not asian getting all this asian lettering on them..

 

my husband would like to see me get some done..but i am still thinking about it..

for me it's something that has to be just right and the meaning has to be just right and important..

otherwise it's just me putting on makeup that lasts forever..i want it to mean something like his..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Sephina Frostbite wrote:


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:
what that tattoo told the world she was - and definitely not my type.

Edited to add:

I actually think its refreshing that a 22 year old isn't into tattoos, because in my home town the younger generation really seem to favor them, with a sheep-like mentality. Good on the OP for being an individual with their own very strong mind.

 

Agree - I found that refreshing.

I actually agree. Something's are deal breakers. Hers happens to be tats.
What I was surprised at is the fact that you can invest a half a year into a relationship with someone and just drop them
. Must have been a bad tat or not that good of a relationship. I would hope no one is that shallow however even if she was its her life.

Bolded part mine. No, she did not write that, she mentioned this happened 6 month ago. Not that the relationship lasted 6 months.

 As in "I once went to a beach with a guy 6 months ago"......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:

If you hate tattoos, then you hate tattoos.  For whatever reasons, they're your reasons.

And I strongly suspect there was more to dislike about the guy you went to the beach with than just his tattoos.

***

So I'd say continue to follow your inner voice. There's plenty of fellas out there with skin untainted by art/graffiti.

Edited to add:

I actually think its refreshing that a 22 year old isn't into tattoos, because in my home town the younger generation really seem to favour them, with a sheep-like mentality. Good on the OP for being an individual with their own very strong mind.

 

Yes indeed.

Hooray for the OP for being able to resist a fad.

Of course when tattoos cease (inevitably) to be a fad, most 22 year-olds will shun them.

Tattoo removal is going to be a very profitable business within a generation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ceka Cianci wrote:

it doesn't make sense to me when i see people that are not somoan with those tattoo's..unless maybe they are married to them..

kind of like seeing people that are not asian getting all this asian lettering on them...

 

I don't understand this.  It is like saying we should only decorate our homes with art or styles that are indigenous to our heritage.  Do you have art, furniture or archiecture in your home that is not strictly indigenous to your heritage?  I love tribal art.  If I ever got a tattoo, it would be in maori style.  I wouldn't presume to use traditional maori symbols used tor family lineage, but there is some very nice looking maori styled art that I think makes the best looking tattoos.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Extraneousnomenclature wrote:


Marigold Devin wrote:

If you hate tattoos, then you hate tattoos.  For whatever reasons, they're your reasons.

And I strongly suspect there was more to dislike about the guy you went to the beach with than just his tattoos.

***

So I'd say continue to follow your inner voice. There's plenty of fellas out there with skin untainted by art/graffiti.

Edited to add:

I actually think its refreshing that a 22 year old isn't into tattoos, because in my home town the younger generation really seem to favour them, with a sheep-like mentality. Good on the OP for being an individual with their own very strong mind.

 

Yes indeed.

Hooray for the OP for being able to resist a fad.

Of course when tattoos cease (inevitably) to be a fad, most 22 year-olds will shun them.

Tattoo removal is going to be a very profitable business within a generation.

 

 

Tattoos are no fad, and aren't going anywhere anytime soon.Tattoo art has been around in some form or another, for a very, very long time. People believe they're a fad because they don't understand why some people get them. They also dislike many, if not most, of the tattoos others get. That doesn't make them a fad though.

I have one tattoo on my upper arm.It's taken from a painting I did when I was little. Being legally blind has it's disadvantages sometimes and my tattoo is symbolic of the desire to continue reaching for something I was not born with and I'll never have anyway. I don't consider it a fad. In fact I think it's a bit insulting to decide you get to dictate what is and is not based on whether you like it or not. No one can possibly know what motivates another to do what they do, wear what they wear, adorn their body with what they choose to use. We don't have to like it. There are a lot of things others do and wear that I would never personally choose for myself. I'm not them though. Even if I don't think their reason is the grandest idea in all the world, it's not my place to tell them that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite coincidentally, I was just watching a TV Show on More 4 here in the UK, called 'My Tattoo Addiction'.  I really think that girls having swallows tattooed on their neck/just behind their ears are making themselves unemployable (depending on what job they are wanting to do), and having 'Aiya Napa 2012' tattooed anywhere on the body will already be something a lot of people are regretting (and having tattooed over!).  And heaven knows what Billy Ray Cyrus would make of the guy who has had several tattoos of his daughter Miley on various places of his body - and the man himself voiced concerns about what should happen if his obsession were to cease.

Angelina Jolie's tattoos are very symbolic of course, but to me they look like scribble. Luckily I am unlikely ever to date her :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Kenbro Utu wrote:


Ceka Cianci wrote:

it doesn't make sense to me when i see people that are not somoan with those tattoo's..unless maybe they are married to them..

kind of like seeing people that are not asian getting all this asian lettering on them...

 

I don't understand this.  It is like saying we should only decorate our homes with art or styles that are indigenous to our heritage.
 Do you have art, furniture or archiecture in your home that is not strictly indigenous to your heritage?  I love tribal art.  If I ever got a tattoo, it would be in maori style.  I wouldn't presume to use traditional maori symbols used tor family lineage, but there is some very nice looking maori styled art that I think makes the best looking tattoos.  

i don't expect a lot of people to understand it..

and no it's nothing like decorating your house..

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's not nice. Hmph.

 

I have over a dozen. No regrets (except the few I got covered). ;)

 

May regret it when I'm old but oh well. :matte-motes-nerdy:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Marigold Devin wrote:

Quite coincidentally, I was just watching a TV Show on More 4 here in the UK, called 'My Tattoo Addiction'.  I really think that girls having swallows tattooed on their neck/just behind their ears are making themselves unemployable (depending on what job they are wanting to do), and having 'Aiya Napa 2012' tattooed anywhere on the body will already be something a lot of people are regretting (and having tattooed over!). 

 

Good point.  I hadn't thought of this until I read your post - I had a friend years ago who had a few tattoos - they looked a lot like the "stick on" types children wear, except her's were real tattoos.  She had accepted early retirement when her company was bought out but she still needed to work and she really wanted to work at Disney.  Disney will not hire someone with tattoos (as well as a bunch of other rules).  She ended up working in the souvenir shop of Cirque du Soleil, but had to cover her visible tattoos.  She tried various types of makeup and finally went with wearing a large bandage over the areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that probably means that you were dating him only because of his appearance, you didnt like what you saw, you look for someone else.

tattoos are forms of art that the only difference from other visual arts is that the canvas is the body, if that same art would be on a shirt, would you hate that art also? if not, that means that you dont hate tattoos, you hate people that decide to "makeup", "dress up", their bodies, maybe because you cant think of many reason why people would like to have colors besides the color of their skin on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RL, can't stand them. In SL, I see them more as body paint. Can be nice at times, depending on the outfit (or lack of one) that you match them to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am much older than the OP(late 40's) and I personally have no desire to have any artwork in RL. I did however have one done for me in SL. I wanted something small, that wouldn't cover my entire body, and that meant something to me. That's what I did. I had two hearts intertwined with a larger heart around it

 

tattoo.jpg

 

that being said, I think it depends on the person and the amount of work they have. My wife has a very pretty flower on her shoulder...my sister has a small kitty face on her thigh (which I almost killed her when I saw it) and my brother has more artwork than I can count. It's a matter of preference. If she doesn't like artwork, that's her right. I just hope that she doesn't condemn people who do have it even though she doesn't approve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize I'm jumping in a bit late, but, I think well done tattoos are extremely sexy! I have 7 myself in RL. I love to see a man with a well thought out, well done sleeve....and more...lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, you're right, it's not a shirt, but ask any tattoo professional and they will sit you on their lap and explain the term sleeve

 

tattoo that covers a portion of the arm starting at the shoulder. Main types of armsleeves include the quarter sleeve, half sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, and the full sleeveTattoo depictions vary between individuals.
 
No need to stir s*#t, not called for, or wanted. End of tattoo drama. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

I realize I'm jumping in a bit late, but, I think well done tattoos are extremely sexy! I have 7 myself in RL. I love to see a man with a well thought out, well done sleeve....and more...lol! 

As I said, some are amazing and I like them...on other people hehe  Sleeves are very cool if they are well done. One of my GF's has one.

I think one's profession has a great deal to do with getting one as well. It's sad but some places don't hire people with tats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The question asked for my opinion about tattoos. That's my opinion: A tattoo is not a shirt, which was formed after observing numerous guys ins SL appearing shirtless at inappropriate locations to display an upper body tattoo.

Do you have any further opinions about my opinion?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tasteful tattoos are nice, imo, but I do dislike the large ones, and I dislike a lot of tattoos a lot more - a lot meaning covering lots of arm, and such. By tasteful, I mean a small one on a shoulder or at the side of the groin - that sort of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randall, I see what you are saying, and I apologize. I know it's no excuse, but I woke up with a bad headache, and was just plain crabby...will you forgive me? (reminder to self...do not go to forum when cranky)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Phil Deakins wrote:

Tasteful tattoos are nice, imo, but I do dislike the large ones, and I dislike a lot of tattoos a lot more - a lot meaning covering lots of arm, and such. By tasteful, I mean a small one on a shoulder or at the side of the groin - that sort of thing.

When I was partnered my partner wanted me to get one on my e-peen, "property of ......."

I have wondered how guys keep it up in RL for tattoos.  Just the thought of needles causes major shrinkage for me.

 

But back to the subject of SL Tattoos, the one thing I've never liked is how much detail gets lost.  I've seen some nice ones but never any with the amount of detail is possible in RL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Solaria Goldshark wrote:


Czari Zenovka wrote:


Solaria Goldshark wrote:


RedKoopa wrote:

........ and I dated him until I realized he had tattoos. Game over.

Judgmental much?

Hard to believe that a tattoo was the heavy straw that broke the camel's back.

There could have been a great person inside that skin, and now you'll never know.   I'll go easy on you, since you said that you are only 22.  On the up side there is still time for you to forge ahead from this point on in your life to look a little deeper....

....oh, I almost forgot something.   Welcome to earth, land of misfit toys.  Enjoy your stay.

Peace, love and bunnies.

It's personal preference.  For example, I will not date men RL who smoke.  Others may not want to date someone from a particular religion.  All of us have some sort of issue - some more than others, some less than others.

True.  I see your point.

.....then it occurred to me that it may have been a tattoo of Satan, chain smoking as he dropped bombs on cute little bunnies.

That, I suppose, would be a deal breaker for me too.

it might have been a 100$ bill tattoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...